• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ECF Game 1 GDT NJ/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2012 Stanley Cup playoffs - Eastern Conference finals preview, New York Rangers versus New Jersey Devils - ESPN

posting this because i thought it was interesting that the thinking is with parise/kovy split they will have garadi/mcdougnah pair against kovy. staal against zach?

i dont buy into the rest vs 15 games the rangers have played. but its gotta come into play no? how can you keep playing 2-1 pressure filled games where 1 goal means a win or loss 14 games straight?

on paper the devils do hold the edge everywhere i think only difference is the goalie. marty HAS to make that big save to keep it a 1 goal game or to keep the score tied. HE HAS TO! with the rangers offense i (hope) he doesnt have to stand on his head and steal a game because they are just so sporadic....then again they have to break through sometime dont they?

this ranger team i've said before reminds me so much of the 97/98 devils teams...is this what we wouldve been looking at from them if they got past ottawa and the pens those years?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity anyone else work with an ass ton of rags fans.I'm one of few devils fans here I'm dead smack in the middle of rangers country.I get in a lot of arguements and deal with a lot of assholes

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in high school during the 94 series. It was the worst series for me. It had so much good such as the underdog Devils hanging around with a team of hired guns from Edmonton. The Rags bought the Cup that year. Every game the Rags outshot us by about 20 shots. Marty was unreal. He kept us in it. We didn't have much scoring. Then came the torture. Messier guarantees a game 6 win IN New Jersey. Not only did the Devils make it come true, but they got blanked. Then game 7 was brutal as Zelepukin scores to keep us alive just before the final horn of period 3. I'll never forget Richer's post in OT. That was the series right there. Then came the goal in the 2nd OT as Nieds got beat by Matteau and the puck somehow went in. Marty just sat there in the net seemingly forever. Worst memory in sports for me aside from Neil O'Donnel purposely throwing to Larry Brown in Super Bowl XXX.

The Colorado series comes next but I never thought the Devils would win that even though I still think the Devils were better (Ray Bourque factor).

The Devils had better beat New York and win this series! It's a must.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in high school during the 94 series. It was the worst series for me. It had so much good such as the underdog Devils hanging around with a team of hired guns from Edmonton. The Rags bought the Cup that year. Every game the Rags outshot us by about 20 shots. Marty was unreal. He kept us in it. We didn't have much scoring. Then came the torture. Messier guarantees a game 6 win IN New Jersey. Not only did the Devils make it come true, but they got blanked. Then game 7 was brutal as Zelepukin scores to keep us alive just before the final horn of period 3. I'll never forget Richer's post in OT. That was the series right there. Then came the goal in the 2nd OT as Nieds got beat by Matteau and the puck somehow went in. Marty just sat there in the net seemingly forever. Worst memory in sports for me aside from Neil O'Donnel purposely throwing to Larry Brown in Super Bowl XXX.

The Colorado series comes next but I never thought the Devils would win that even though I still think the Devils were better (Ray Bourque factor).

It was the year after I graduated I too called them the NY Oilers that year with a blackhawks winger.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't get blanked in game 6 SJ we had a 2-0 lead and blew it to Messier who scored a natural hat trick after I wanna say Kovalev got them to within 2-1. I watched the game but it was so long ago. No I literally cried myself to sleep after the Colorado loss which all started by that kicked goal by Gomez it's like we quit after that. I had just gotten my high school diploma 8 days prior to that so I went from happy to sad in no time. 98 and 99 were just embarassing so was 02 and 09 to the Canes.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Out of curiosity anyone else work with an ass ton of rags fans.I'm one of few devils fans here I'm dead smack in the middle of rangers country.I get in a lot of arguements and deal with a lot of assholes

Had that issue with the last series. It was mostly joking though, no serious arguments or hatred.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came out wrong. That's what I mean't. I remember scoring first then Messier took over and the Devils did nothing about it. Frustrating.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is rough, Clarky. I know a couple of Rangers fans but the majority of my family are Flyers fans. It sucks. I took it easy on them this time though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we actually had the lead going into the 3rd period for game 6 too! ugh all we had to do was hold the lead but the rags got a very very late goal in the 2nd and that gave them life.

one job i had there was a ton of hockey fans and it always amazed me everyone was a legit devils fan except 2 of the 40 people that worked there. i never thought i would see that day.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sj i remember i think jmac and holik had a 2on1 in the 1st overtime too and holik didnt even get a shot off!

seriously though a win now against them would seriously usher in a new winning mentality would be esp big with the future being so bright in kovy/parise being here long term yeah i said it parise is staying.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't you arrange for a pile of rocks to crush them?

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fellow Steelers fan, I like it SJ! I was into football then, as I live near Pittsburgh, and my dad wasn't into hockey, but Steelers football. So I grew up on it. Needless to say, I remember the O'Donnel tragedy too, and can still remember throwing a hissy fit when they lost XXX.

Anyway, Cup, I hope I don't have to go through it. But the only plus is that I live in Penguins country, so I don't have to deal with Ranger fans in my everyday life. For me, it's my own personal despise of the Rangers that will pretty much make up for the lack of local Ranger fan annoyance. So, losing would be just as bad. But, I think we've got the team to win. If we don't win, I know it won't be because the Rangers are that much better. It'll be because the Devils got away from their game.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Caps play some of the sloppiest hockey I've seen in a while, the Rangers don't "scare" me. At least not the way Philly did. I know the goalkeeping is solid at MSG, but other than that, I'm not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.