• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a couple keeper leagues... What I hate the most is when a team realizes they need to play for the future and quits too early... not too late... too early has more affect than too late, because the team playing for now will have those better players for longer...

Yes, but maybe the team who gets the player stumbles late and misses the playoffs. There is more risk, so you won't see as many "bad deals", and there's more strategy because you have to make a decision earlier.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but maybe the team who gets the player stumbles late and misses the playoffs. There is more risk, so you won't see as many "bad deals", and there's more strategy because you have to make a decision earlier.

you cant prevent "bad deals" in a keeper league... Plus, I would think, that those teams in contention will be willing to pay MUCH more the later they make that trade...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually with Milk on this one for the most part. However, i do think there needs to be a deadline, but I'm perfectly fine with it being right before week one of the playoffs, or possibly the week prior. Late in season is fine with me. ..but I think that once the playoffs start, you roll with what you've got, minus any potential waiver moves.

No issue at all with a team mortgaging its future for a perceived shot at a title.

Ands once week 16 is over, it opens right back up

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually with Milk on this one for the most part. However, i do think there needs to be a deadline, but I'm perfectly fine with it being right before week one of the playoffs, or possibly the week prior. Late in season is fine with me. ..but I think that once the playoffs start, you roll with what you've got, minus any potential waiver moves.

No issue at all with a team mortgaging its future for a perceived shot at a title.

Ands once week 16 is over, it opens right back up

Agreed

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. But tell me you guys agree with me on no trade voting and immediate execution? And no max positions?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. But tell me you guys agree with me on no trade voting and immediate execution? And no max positions?

I'm on board. If a questionable deal happened I think we would all say something and publicly shame them lol

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm. Fine with no trade voting, immediate processing. Everyone in here is competitive enough that no one is going to colude.

Position maxes though. .I'm undecided on. For QB's, and DST's, K's I can see their purpose. There's a finite quantity of those who actually will score any given week, and one team loading up can affect competitive balance. I'm not saying we have to have them, but if they're there, I don't have any problems with it. However, no limits on RB's/WR's.

The one that's tricky is QB's, I guess I'd have to say no limits there. ..no reason someone can't stash a few young "project" types, I just have to hope that it wouldn't result in a team dealing with a massive injury bug having no recourse, other than trading, to actually field a QB who will actually play any given week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Dst max okay...but I wouldn't. But WR/RB absolutely NO max. If I want 9 RB on my bench I should be able to do so. Six? So if I start three, I can only have three on my bench???? No. Not in a dynasty.
Fantrax makes you put in a number of max, so I changed the maxes for all the positions. 8 for QB, 10 for RB and WR, 8 for TE. Kept K at 2 and DST at 3.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the trading deadline is WAY too late. All that will cause is bad trading. Someone out of it can trade for the future and load up playoff teams. This decision (buy or sell) should have to be made before Thanksgiving, IMO.
Made the trade deadline the Sunday after Thanksgiving. When i originally put in the trade deadline, it was before I finalized the schedule. I moved the deadline back a week to coincide with us not using week 17. This is why i wanted peeps to give everything a once over. Thanks.

Also took out the voting on trades. This should allow all trades to go through immediately. Let's hope it works that way. :hope:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Fantrax does not have an option for rolling waiver, only reverse order of standings. So each week it resets to the last place team getting the first priority each week. I will email the site to see if there is a place to change this. I haven't seen it in any section. Will let everyone know once I find out.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. One more.

In rules, under Draft, is "Fill rosters legally when doing auto". Not sure if that would effect your queue or not.
I went to the rules to see this bc there is no option in the commish options to change this. I'm guessing this is something I can't change. I don't have the option of "auto selecting for owners not present" on, so everyone will have their full 24 hours to make a pick. I can't imagine anyone would miss their pick given the email reminder and routinely checking both the Hoop and the draft room.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Ram I am officially taking ODB. Consider this official. Guys i will be out tonight for a while so if Micro want to just put ODB in for me so I dont hold you guys up that would be great. i will also put him in my que. Great work Micro glad to have you running the show!
So is everyone ok with me starting the draft earlier? I can set it for 2pm and if Foot's pick doesn't auto draft, I will try and put it in for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is everyone ok with me starting the draft earlier? I can set it for 2pm and if Foot's pick doesn't auto draft, I will try and put it in for him.
Don't see anything wrong with that. Everyone has 24 hours, so should be fine.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that "fill rosters legally when doing auto" means that it won't leave you without at least the minimum at each position regardless of your que, now whether that means it'll fill out your kicker spot in round 9 before adding a bench guy. ..I dunno, but it's possible

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy do I hate voting on trades. That has to go...especially in a dynasty.
I understand you guys are trusting, and there are certain things that "won't be an issue", but immediate trades is something I've never heard of outside of MBBRL.

It's still weird to me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you guys are trusting, and there are certain things that "won't be an issue", but immediate trades is something I've never heard of outside of MBBRL.

It's still weird to me.
It is a bit odd. .but you'll get used to it, and when you do, you'll love it

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a bit odd. .but you'll get used to it, and when you do, you'll love it
I prolly will. It's just different and different can be scary.

But I do think we need a deadline prior to playoffs, lasting until after the SuperBowl(the real one) with the offseason open for wheeling and dealing.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do this!

im excited...no more class and football!