• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superflex Dynasty startup

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd wager a reasonable large sum of money that London gets more targets.
I wouldnt rule it out.
You know how @TREFF just absolutely loves Ahmeer? Hard to phathom why he isnt used more. i guess thats my position on Mooney.

In a stagnant Bears offense with Trubisky and then Fields, Mooney was a guy who got open - got separation. Made tough catches out of bad throws.

He's better than advertized imo. Just hoping his coaches see it my way. Sadly, thats not always the case.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As would I.

I'd make the same bet with him v Pitts too

I think Pitts, Mooney, and Bijan will be close to each other in targets behind London.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out, as McVay former assistants that came from the shanahan system that have moved on have frequently supported 2 WRs for fantasy. Cincy, Minny, GB, Miami (long career under K.Shanahan, was under McVay when they were all in WAS) all feature WR-heavy passing attacks and really only the vikings feature a TE out of that group

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pitts, Mooney, and Bijan will be close to each other in targets behind London.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out, as McVay former assistants that came from the shanahan system that have moved on have frequently supported 2 WRs for fantasy. Cincy, Minny, GB, Miami (long career under K.Shanahan, was under McVay when they were all in WAS) all feature WR-heavy passing attacks and really only the vikings feature a TE out of that group
I would pretty much agree, but if I'm putting money on anyone being the #2 target share, I'm betting on Pitts.

As to the rest, I guess it depends on how/ what you consider Pitts to be used as. Cuz he sure hasn't been used as a true TE yet in his career. If Pitts is the second leading target 'getter', I'd still be willing to concede that it was still two WR's

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pretty much agree, but if I'm putting money on anyone being the #2 target share, I'm betting on Pitts.

As to the rest, I guess it depends on how/ what you consider Pitts to be used as. Cuz he sure hasn't been used as a true TE yet in his career. If Pitts is the second leading target 'getter', I'd still be willing to concede that it was still two WR's

Agreed, if they don't even pretend to block and don't line up next to the OT, hard to consider them a TE

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how deep these rosters are and so far looking like zero people were able to cuff their starting RBs, gonna be interesting to see post-draft trade activity.

We're in round 21 now, my last handful of picks after Otton have been:
Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Dylan Laube
Ty Conklin

Looking like a few managers are just taking the top guy off Sleeper adp ranks on their turn, still 14 more rounds to go!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how deep these rosters are and so far looking like zero people were able to cuff their starting RBs, gonna be interesting to see post-draft trade activity.

Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Dylan Laube
Ty Conklin

Looking like a few managers are just taking the top guy off Sleeper adp ranks on their turn, still 14 more rounds to go!
Looking good - - damn that's a lot of players - - waivers will be basically non-existent

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Dylan Laube
Ty Conklin

isaac Guerendo has real value, especially for a McCaffrey owner...

Conklin is probably the best fantasy player on that list...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isaac Guerendo
Rasheen Ali
Dylan Laube
Ty Conklin

Ali is my favorite on that list. One of the very few Rb's in this class that passed my 'eye test'. I wouldn't say much else beyond that at this point, but he did

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isaac Guerendo has real value, especially for a McCaffrey owner...

Conklin is probably the best fantasy player on that list...

I'll be targeting Cody Schrader in the near future as well. Perfect setup for him in this format where I can stash him on taxi for a couple seasons to see if he can climb SF depth chart.

He was an animal for Mizzou and preformed well receiving and running against SEC defenses, always fought hard for extra yards after contact

Ali is my favorite on that list. One of the very few Rb's in this class that passed my 'eye test'. I wouldn't say much else beyond that at this point, but he did

You're late round interest in him in our rookie drafts cued me in to research him a bit and I liked what I saw to get him this late in the draft. Mitchell's injury last year looked awful so could be an opportunity to supplant Hill at some point behind Henry.

Overall the WRs left aren't very inspiring, I waited to dive into the RB pool and took older options for this season so my plan now is to take as many dart throws as possible and hope one or two hit at some point the next 2 seasons

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be targeting Cody Schrader in the near future as well. Perfect setup for him in this format where I can stash him on taxi for a couple seasons to see if he can climb SF depth chart.

He was an animal for Mizzou and preformed well receiving and running against SEC defenses, always fought hard for extra yards after contact

You're late round interest in him in our rookie drafts cued me in to research him a bit and I liked what I saw to get him this late in the draft. Mitchell's injury last year looked awful so could be an opportunity to supplant Hill at some point behind Henry.

Overall the WRs left aren't very inspiring, I waited to dive into the RB pool and took older options for this season so my plan now is to take as many dart throws as possible and hope one or two hit at some point the next 2 seasons
I read in some little snipet of a report form someone out there that Ali had a similar body build to Justice Hill that made me raise ne eyebrow, as what I recalled seeing when I checked Ali out, was that he appeared to be a slightly bigger back. But, sure enough, Justice Hill - 5'10" 197, Ali 5'11" 206.. Crazy what 1 inch and 10 lbs will do to the 'eye test' (unless of course Justice Hill is a bit 'misrepresented' cuz' he sure don't look like he's that big)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the strategy with these late round picks?

Continue to stock up on young RBs?
- position most likely to see any fantasy impact via starters getting injured

Or load up on crap QBs behind unproven young guys that like to run or starting QBs with some injury bids m history?
- thinking Rudolph behind Levis, Marita behind Daniels, White behind Tua, etc

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or load up on crap QBs behind unproven young guys that like to run or starting QBs with some injury bids m history?

Because it’s a dynasty. Even if those qbs play this season they will likely not play much next season or in the future after that.

RBs you may find a diamond in the rough somewhere.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It ain't often that I agree with Milk, but I do in this case. Marriota, Rudolph, White- even if they get a little play due to injury this year, they are what they are, that's not changing, no one is trading for them outside of sheer desperation, and even then, what might you get? A LATE draft pick? And if they do play, and IF your forced into playing them in your lineup, are they going to make a difference other than maybe screwing you out of the 2025 #1.1? (just assuming that if those dudes are your last option, you're likely not in playoff contention anyways) There's just not much there.

If I were targeting backups QB's that might have value - Browning, Mac Jones, O'Connell, Lock, Lance, Pickett, Hooker, Pratt (R), Ridder - they're all still young enough, and haven't explicitly flopped on the field beyond all doubt..yet. And all of them, minus Pratt, have at least flashed SOMETHING at some point to be on the radar. In some eyes, they all still have 'potential'. Dunno if any of them are options at this point in your draft or not, but I'd bet on them more so than the retreads previously mentioned.

Otherwise, I'd be compiling RB's/WR's as best I could.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in early round 26, WR/RB pool is pretty much as tapped out as the QBs

All of the QBs on Treff's list are gone already. I did take Jordan Travis to stash on my taxi squad.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariota blows. Worthless.

White could give you some games.

Go get the backs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Schrader and Sione Vaki, welcome to the squad!

It feels so pointless making these picks and there's still like 7 rounds left, lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*8 rounds left!

Here's how things are shaking out, let me know if anyone has some really deep cuts that they like, I seriously don't even care who I end up with at this point

Screenshot_20240620_210719_Sleeper.jpg
Screenshot_20240620_210751_Sleeper.jpg