• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwyane Wade open to leaving Heat if contract difference not resolved Dwyane Wade reacts in the fou

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A story like this one deserved to be on its own thread. Washed up Diva Wade still think he actually has something left in the tank and is asking for more money than he deserves -- AGAIN - if that is the case, let him go. Thank you for your services over the years. But this is a “ what have you done for me lately” business, and all he has done lately is sit out games for no reason, become lazy on the court, especially on defense and just a liability to the team more times than not. When Queen James left and our championship run ended it was an end of an era of sorts - it happens - its going to happen - if Diva wants to leave, it will be just that again - an end of an era - And one that wont be as painful to deal with when its over or difficult to recover from.

If he stays, great - if he decides to stay on the team taking on a lesser role - even better - If he wants to leave, good riddance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how much money he can possibly want at age 35 and 36.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I just told someone - unless he can accept whatever he is currently making - or the veteran minimum - or some prorated contract and/or a contract where he can earn more based on incentives, then let him go - he isnt worth any more than that.

But as Ira tweeted out, this could just be strategic to allow him to test free agency and get the attention from other teams he would so love as the true diva that he is - and continues to show with this - and possibly force the Heat to offer more in order to keep him. If that happens, I am afraid that Riles will take the bait and throw away money in his direction to keep him since Riles is still in a win-now mentality while trying to rebuild the team at the same time.

As you can see through some of Ira’s and other heat beat writers twitter, off-season work with the youngers TJ, Napier, Ennis , Hassan and the not so young anymore Bill Walker and Beas has begun - so at least until further notice, those guys are on teams plans

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is a truly delicate situation. Wade is responsible for all 5 of the Heat's Finals appearances and 3 titles. Without him, this organization is just an almost made it to the finals organization that did not live up to the expectations put upon it.

Wade opted out for hid buddy who is happy as a lark in Cleveland. The hope of playing with his buddy or the hope of getting a team to compete led him to the $10 milion dollar paycut which incidentally saved the club a ton of money including luxury taxes.

The tricky part is not that the Heat will make him whole. That I have no doubt. If he opts out, the Heat would likely offer him enough to cover what is on the table plus the 10 million he gave up previously plus a little interest but that likely means 9 million to 10 (11 or 12 at most) million per year and not much more. I am sure he probably wants $15 to $17 million a year.

Not sure anybody pays him that so he is likely upset and understandly so but if so then perhaps at himself and/or his buddy Lebron unless Riles asked him to take the cut.

Likely just some good business posturing on both sides as no one else out there would likely give him as much guranteed money this off season after considering state taxes along with a chance to compete that the Heat would give him. Likely just a little posturing. He could ruin his Miami legacy for a few dollars and if he does, then what a shame but would not hold it against him Big picture, I think he needs to look in the mirror and see what others see.

A player on the decline who is still a great scorer/creator but whose defense is not the same and who will not be available more than 60 games a year and 30 minutes per game. Not sure you can pay him what he means to the franchise and still set yourself to compete in the future.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW --- good post Paolo. This topic is picking up significant media tweets. Bayless talking about Lebron buring Wade and Wallace talking about lack of respect between the parties.

So much for Wade-County and Heatnation and all that good stuff. Difficult decisions for sure for both Wade and the Heat. Seems like Lebron's feelings for Riley have started to rub off on Wade. Very interesting situation unfolding indeed.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea who would pay wade 20+ million annually for the next 3 seasons....just don't see any contender doing that.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have no idea who would pay wade 20+ million annually for the next 3 seasons....just don't see any contender doing that.

I have read and seen reports that he is looking for 3 years and 50 million or $16 to $17 million per year. Not sure the Heat want to commit to that as they have Bosh, Dragic and Whiteside to consider and need to build a team and still have flexibility for the summer of 2016.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read and seen reports that he is looking for 3 years and 50 million or $16 to $17 million per year. Not sure the Heat want to commit to that as they have Bosh, Dragic and Whiteside to consider and need to build a team and still have flexibility for the summer of 2016.

Still a lot of money for a team not named Miami to give a 34/35 year old Wade which is what he will be in the 2nd and 3rd year of those deals.

Would love to know who leaked this information because it is far too early to make this kind of stuff public.

A month to go....I think they'll meet halfway. Maybe 3 yr/45 mill

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still a lot of money for a team not named Miami to give a 34/35 year old Wade which is what he will be in the 2nd and 3rd year of those deals.

Would love to know who leaked this information because it is far too early to make this kind of stuff public.

A month to go....I think they'll meet halfway. Maybe 3 yr/45 mill

His agent leaked this. Early posturing while Heatnation watches Lebron in the finals. Good business move by his agent. May hurt with Goran.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years 45 mil a year would be the very definition of just throwing money at him blindly

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One short-term solution for Wade: After he opts out, pay him NBA max of $23.5 million next season and then work new deal in ’16 offseason

If Heat does that, then a two-year deal in 2016 at $15M per still would give him $53.5M over three years, with lower ’16 and '17 team hits.

Per Ira Winderman

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no possible way that they could pay Wade that while paying Bosh the contract he's making, then adding in Dragic's likely near max deal, then having to re-sign Whiteside in 2016.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a truly delicate situation. Wade is responsible for all 5 of the Heat's Finals appearances and 3 titles. Without him, this organization is just an almost made it to the finals organization that did not live up to the expectations put upon it.

Lol! Without Shaq and Lebron, Wade's career is an afterthought. He's Danny Granger with better teammates.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Without Shaq and Lebron, Wade's career is an afterthought. He's Danny Granger with better teammates.

Wow you're an idiot. Shaq was clearly the #2 option in his years with Miami. As for Lebron it was a 1A and 1B situation for the first 2 years. Not many players can have much success when the 2nd best player on your team is Michael Beasley. The fact that Wade led a team with Michael Beasley as the 2nd option to 47 wins is pretty damn impressive.

He's Danny Granger? Wow you're a retard.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're an idiot. Shaq was clearly the #2 option in his years with Miami. As for Lebron it was a 1A and 1B situation for the first 2 years. Not many players can have much success when the 2nd best player on your team is Michael Beasley. The fact that Wade led a team with Michael Beasley as the 2nd option to 47 wins is pretty damn impressive.

He's Danny Granger? Wow you're a retard.

Oh yeah. I'm sure Wade was winning a title without Shaq there. You actually believe that shit?!?? And don't embarrass yourself with the "1A and 1B" shit with Lebron. Anyone with a pulse knows it was more like 1A and 1F. Wade can't carry Lebron's jock. Wade is Adrian Dantley. He's a shitty Clyde Drexler. He's not even Alex English. He's Danny Granger with better teammates, yes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. I'm sure Wade was winning a title without Shaq there. You actually believe that shit?!?? And don't embarrass yourself with the "1A and 1B" shit with Lebron. Anyone with a pulse knows it was more like 1A and 1F. Wade is Adrian Dantley. He's a shitty Clyde Drexler. He's not even Alex English. He's Danny Granger with better teammates, yes.

Shaq wasn't winning a title with Kobe.

Kobe wasn't winning a title without Shaq or Gasol

Lebron wasn't winning a title without Wade/Bosh

Wade wasn't winning a title without Shaq or Lebron/Bosh

Jordan wasn't winning a title without Pippen.

Good luck finding one HOF player in the last 30+ years who did win a title without another HOF by his team dick

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq wasn't winning a title with Kobe.

Kobe wasn't winning a title without Shaq or Gasol

Lebron wasn't winning a title without Wade/Bosh

Wade wasn't winning a title without Shaq or Lebron/Bosh

Jordan wasn't winning a title without Pippen.

Good luck finding one HOF player in the last 30+ years who did win a title without another HOF by his team dick

That's the thing. Wade is merely an All-star masquerading as a HOF.