• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight is intrigued by the Mavs & Rockets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroram52
Yea TurnUp. There is some truth to what you state about Kobe. And I don't mind seeing other opinions. My feelings are going to be offended by truth. I can live with the truth whether I like it or not.

For as great as he is for as long (except now that he has had a Achilles rupture), Kobe does have an antisocial side of him that is fueled by his fierce competitveness. Fragile ego guys like D12 get too caught-up in Kobe's opinion of them rather then play to their strengths. When that side of Kobe shows up, he can be perceived as real a-hole by players and fans alike.

But again, if D12 is a bad fit for the present Lakers roster, he should walk. That is one of the purposes of FA.
KOBE BRYANT THINKS HE CAN MAKE DWIGHT HOWARD STAY IN LA.
KOBE BRYANT PLANS TO TALK WITH DWIGHT HOWARD NEXT WEEK.
HE IS WASTING HIS TIME ,DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOT SIGN WITH THE LAKERS..PERIOD.
KOBE BRYANT WANTS TO WIN 2 MORE TITLES TO BREAK MICHAEL JORDAN"S RECORD OF 6 NBA TITLES...HE IS WASTING HIS TIME,THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,,,HE IS WASHED UP ANYWAYS.
GOT SWEPT BY THE SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS...BRYANT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME PLAYER,,HE ONCE Was

Kobe got swept? The Lakers may have been swept either way, but Kobe had nothing to do with that since he was on the sidelines.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight really wants to win like he said he does he would go to golden state. They have the best core around him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight really wants to win like he said he does he would go to golden state. They have the best core around him.

Golden State doesn't have the cap space to sign him without a sign and trade with the Lakers taking some $ back.

They can't get him without losing part of their valuable core. D Lee and Bogut would be the most expendable pieces, and I can't see the Lakers wanting them.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State doesn't have the cap space to sign him without a sign and trade with the Lakers taking some $ back.

They can't get him without losing part of their valuable core. D Lee and Bogut would be the most expendable pieces, and I can't see the Lakers wanting them.

Thompson, bogut, Jefferson, first round pick for Dwight should be enough

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its going to be bad enough if the Lakers have to sign/trade him to the same conference let alone the same division.

Question is, if he decides to leave, are the Lakers better off just taking nothing but the cap space in order to cost Howard whatever $$$ they would cost him or take the assets being offered?

I suppose the question can't really be answered until we know his decision and what the assets would be.

In hindsight, they should have dumped him last February, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be bad enough if the Lakers have to sign/trade him to the same conference let alone the same division.

Question is, if he decides to leave, are the Lakers better off just taking nothing but the cap space in order to cost Howard whatever $$$ they would cost him or take the assets being offered?

I suppose the question can't really be answered until we know his decision and what the assets would be.

In hindsight, they should have dumped him last February, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Getting a guy like Thompson would be better than nothing

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking Hanbombs. Good luck with that. Lakers would want Thompson and another young player, not Bogut.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead Howard sign elsewhere. If you don't wanna be in L.A., we don't want you.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having spent some time studying the market, the teams and the player, I have decided where I think Dwight Howard should go:

Away!

He should just go away.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking Hanbombs. Good luck with that. Lakers would want Thompson and another young player, not Bogut.

Not really wishful thinking when you can get Thompson, 2 expirings bogut and Jefferson plus a 1st rounder for Howard. I don't think it will happen, although I wouldn't be surprised either. Which is why I'm giving the warriors a 20% chance at Howard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really wishful thinking when you can get Thompson, 2 expirings bogut and Jefferson plus a 1st rounder for Howard. I don't think it will happen, although I wouldn't be surprised either. Which is why I'm giving the warriors a 20% chance at Howard.

why would the lakers take that?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. I didn't realize Bogut was an expiring deal.

I expect this to get pretty crazy over the next few days. Don't count the Lakers out either, rumor has it they are talking to Phil. All the Lakers need is a coach who knows how to utilize big men and Howard will re-sign.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tlance. Phil is talking with Short Buss and Mitch and Howard is going to meet with the Lakers and Atlanta on Tuesday. So, anything is possible at this point. If Phil signs, Howard will re-think his stance and as you stated the crazies will emerge.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the lakers re sign Dwight this year they aren't winning anything. As homer as it sounds his best options are golden state and Houston.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the lakers re sign Dwight this year they aren't winning anything. As homer as it sounds his best options are golden state and Houston.

If Phil Jackson is at the helm next year and Kobe comes back close to where he was, they are top 3 in the West with the same roster.

That isn't even about how great Phil is, it is all about what a miserable fit D'Antoni was. Phil will utilize Gasol and Howard the way they should be used and this team will look completely different.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Phil Jackson is at the helm next year and Kobe comes back close to where he was, they are top 3 in the West with the same roster.

That isn't even about how great Phil is, it is all about what a miserable fit D'Antoni was. Phil will utilize Gasol and Howard the way they should be used and this team will look completely different.

The thing is Kobe wouldn't be coming back at good health until 2015