• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight is intrigued by the Mavs & Rockets

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Phil Jackson is at the helm next year and Kobe comes back close to where he was, they are top 3 in the West with the same roster.

That isn't even about how great Phil is, it is all about what a miserable fit D'Antoni was. Phil will utilize Gasol and Howard the way they should be used and this team will look completely different.

They would still be a horrible defensive perimeter team. They still have big issues at PG.
No way I see them as top 4, and that is with the mindset that Kobe is even 3/4 of himself. I say probably 6-8 again.

Are they now better than Ok City, S.A. or the Clippers?
Now better than Memphis, Denver or Golden State?

They finished 7th by a hair last season. Which 4 teams are they passing up?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would still be a horrible defensive perimeter team. They still have big issues at PG.
No way I see them as top 4, and that is with the mindset that Kobe is even 3/4 of himself. I say probably 6-8 again.

Are they now better than Ok City, S.A. or the Clippers?
Now better than Memphis, Denver or Golden State?

They finished 7th by a hair last season. Which 4 teams are they passing up?

There are a lot of ifs to that statement and the Lakers do have a lot of weaknesses, but everything D'Antoni did served to accentuate those weaknesses. The team would have been totally different under Phil.

I don't think they are better than the Spurs or the Thunder, but they would be right there with everyone else.

It is all just speculation for now though because D'Antoni is the coach and Kobe isn't healthy.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never count the Lakers for anything - just when you think you know their next move, they have something up their sleeves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howard is going to re-sign with LAL. Kobe will threatened him in the meeting and that will seal the deal.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what team he's going too. I'd say LAL or Hou, but the Mavs might get him. I heard Rondo contacted Howard and Josh Smith about coming to Boston. :laugh3:
I mean I'd like that, but it'll never happen with the contracts the Celtics just took on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how that meeting with Kobe will go:

Kobe- If you stay, I will pass you the ball at least 3 times a game.

Dwight- Make it 5 and I will sign.

Kobe- Nah man, can't do that. Gotta get my buckets. But, I will tell Nash and Metta they are allowed to pass you the ball now too.

Dwight- Thanks man. What about Pao?

Kobe- F--k Pao.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how that meeting with Kobe will go:

Kobe- If you stay, I will pass you the ball at least 3 times a game.

Dwight- Make it 5 and I will sign.

Kobe- Nah man, can't do that. Gotta get my buckets. But, I will tell Nash and Metta they are allowed to pass you the ball now too.

Dwight- Thanks man. What about Pao?

Kobe- F--k Pao.

:laugh3:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he signs with lakers or Houston but who knows with Dwight, he could go to the clippers for all we know.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One-dimensional. Helluva jump shooter though, I'll give him that.

What do you mean one dimensional? You're a heat fan so no suprise by that comment. But he defends really well at his position. Also he can still put the ball on the floor. For a guy that player his first full season, he had a very nice year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of ifs to that statement and the Lakers do have a lot of weaknesses, but everything D'Antoni did served to accentuate those weaknesses. The team would have been totally different under Phil.

I don't think they are better than the Spurs or the Thunder, but they would be right there with everyone else.

It is all just speculation for now though because D'Antoni is the coach and Kobe isn't healthy.

Not really seeing it. Phil got swept by Dallas with a roster IMO that's better than the proposed one with Howard. That team couldn't guard opposing PGs or shooters, which is pretty much suicide in the West. They may improve to 6th or 5th seed, but they are still old and slow. No way in hell they would be a top 3 team.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean one dimensional? You're a heat fan so no suprise by that comment. But he defends really well at his position. Also he can still put the ball on the floor. For a guy that player his first full season, he had a very nice year.

Klay is a half decent player. You don't trade superstars for Klay. If Howard is going to the Warriors, I think the Lakers would want Lee in return.

Klay is a one dimensional offensive player. He will never be an all star in his career. He is a poor man Kevin Martin

And this was Thompson 2nd full season As a Warriors fan you should know that.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a half decent player. You don't trade superstars for Klay. If Howard is going to the Warriors, I think the Lakers would want Lee in return.

Klay is a one dimensional offensive player. He will never be an all star in his career. He is a poor man Kevin Martin

Lee is now on the trading block. GSW decided to mess with the chemistry and make him available.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is now on the trading block. GSW decided to mess with the chemistry and make him available.

Lee isn't really all that good. He is an excellent offensive player, but he more or less cancels that out with some of the worst defense in the NBA from the 4 position. He is terrible on the ball and does not rim protect very well off of it. This is why GS would be happy to trade him if someone offers up a replacement option who is either less expensive, or if they can package Lee with another asset for a game changer like Howard.

I am sure GS would gladly part with Lee and Bogut if it got them Howard, but they would probably need a third team to get involved. D'Antoni would want Lee, but probably not Bogut.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably has something to do with the way they played in the playoffs without him. If they're getting back another PF/C for him, I think they will be fine.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Kevin Martin comparison is a pretty valid one. Nicely done.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kevin Martin comparison is a pretty valid one. Nicely done.
At this point in their careers K-Mart is better than Thompson. Thompson has some serious upside but I dont think he will ever reach superstar status.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee isn't really all that good. He is an excellent offensive player, but he more or less cancels that out with some of the worst defense in the NBA from the 4 position. He is terrible on the ball and does not rim protect very well off of it. This is why GS would be happy to trade him if someone offers up a replacement option who is either less expensive, or if they can package Lee with another asset for a game changer like Howard.

I am sure GS would gladly part with Lee and Bogut if it got them Howard, but they would probably need a third team to get involved. D'Antoni would want Lee, but probably not Bogut.
Lee lead the league in double doubles if I am not mistaken. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for with heady plays. I think he is underrated. He would make OKC or any other team thats right there a legit contender.