• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight is intrigued by the Mavs & Rockets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The desperation of the Lakers is pathetic.

Your the LAKERS. Begging Dwight Howard? REALLY? Fuck that guy. If he doesn't want to play for LA (and frankly, neither should you, he just doesn't fit) try to get something out of this with a sign and trade. I said it earlier.......Kupchak is a DUMBASS.

He signs a ton of ancient players, signs one of the worst coaches in the league TWICE in 2 years, doesn't trade his only asset when he had the chance, and if he DID resign him would be paying out 100 mill in luxury tax. Sorry LA fans, that's simply stupidity from the GM.

It's not the GM, it's Short Buss!! Short Buss has been the driving force behind 3 of the Lakers coach hirings. He was the driving force behind Tomjanovich, Brown and now D'Antoni!!

Bynum was also "his guy"!! If Short Buss would just get the hell out of the way and let Mitch do his job, the Lakers would be in much better shape than they are now and Phil or Brian Shaw would likely be the coach.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the GM, it's Short Buss!! Short Buss has been the driving force behind 3 of the Lakers coach hirings. He was the driving force behind Tomjanovich, Brown and now D'Antoni!!

Bynum was also "his guy"!! If Short Buss would just get the hell out of the way and let Mitch do his job, the Lakers would be in much better shape than they are now and Phil or Brian Shaw would likely be the coach.

Correct. Take a poll right now across Laker land, and I'm willing to bet that without exaggeration over 90% would blame jimmy boy buss for the teams issues.

We want Phil.
We want Shaw.
We want Jeannie.
We want good strength and conditioning staff.
We want a good scouting team.
We want Mitch to be able to do his job.

** 1 person and 1 person ONLY has stood in the way of all of this. Jimmy Buss.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Take a poll right now across Laker land, and I'm willing to bet that without exaggeration over 90% would blame jimmy boy buss for the teams issues.

We want Phil.
We want Shaw.
We want Jeannie.
We want good strength and conditioning staff.
We want a good scouting team.
We want Mitch to be able to do his job.

** 1 person and 1 person ONLY has stood in the way of all of this. Jimmy Buss.

this is where I kinda miss the cBS rating system. EXCELLENT post...:agree:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight shouldn't sign with Dallas unless another star is coming with him. Signing with Dallas alone will basically be the same as signing with LAL because Dirk like Kobe is only going to be playing ball for a few more years.

Dwight wants to be the star of the team and going to Dallas makes sense

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will make the best pitch. They have a better owner, better facilities, and Dirk is unselfish a star as you're going to get. They'll be willing to run offense through Dwight, and have cap to get someone else.

However, Houston will be a better TEAM for Dwight to sign with. It will be interesting to see what he does.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets just hired Howard's friend and former Magic strength coach Joe Rogowski.
I think Howard would pick Houston today however I'm sure Cuban will present quite a case for the Mavs.

Lets assume that Howard wants the max via sign and trade.
Do the Lakers agree to it?
Which team can make the best offer to LA?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think it matters what team can offer what, D12 will not go to another team he does not want to...again...I hope.

But it would have to be Brooklyn?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not think it matters what team can offer what, D12 will not go to another team he does not want to...again...I hope.

But it would have to be Brooklyn?

I agree. My scenario was with the mindset that he liked, for instance, both Dallas and Houston.

I could make a strong case for either team.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. My scenario was with the mindset that he liked, for instance, both Dallas and Houston.

I could make a strong case for either team.

Houston I would think it would have to be Asik and parsons as the main chips but it seems parsons is a part of the recruiting process and hes staying put?

What kind of case would you make for Dallas? marion, mayo, wright, kaman, and larkin?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston I would think it would have to be Asik and parsons as the main chips but it seems parsons is a part of the recruiting process and hes staying put?

What kind of case would you make for Dallas? marion, mayo, wright, kaman, and larkin?

When I said make a case, I meant that I could easily make a case for Howard to prefer either city.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple. Cuban. Dirk. Rings from 2011. Better facilities. More money to spend. It's really not a hard sell.

Houston is a better fit team/personnel wise. But Dallas is very attractive because the owner is not afraid to spend, good coaching, HOF player already on the roster, and good young talent to work with.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Cuban. Dirk. Rings from 2011. Better facilities. More money to spend. It's really not a hard sell.

Houston is a better fit team/personnel wise. But Dallas is very attractive because the owner is not afraid to spend, good coaching, HOF player already on the roster, and good young talent to work with.

Lets assume that Howard wants the max via sign and trade.
Do the Lakers agree to it?
Which team can make the best offer to LA?

I agree, I thought replies was based on Turnup asking the above question... I have always thought Cuban himself is a great selling point

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will make the best pitch. They have a better owner, better facilities, and Dirk is unselfish a star as you're going to get. They'll be willing to run offense through Dwight, and have cap to get someone else.

However, Houston will be a better TEAM for Dwight to sign with. It will be interesting to see what he does.

Dirk just turned 35. Something to think about if you're Dwight.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk just turned 35. Something to think about if you're Dwight.

Even better. There will be no question it's Dwights team. Dirk is a jump shooter. He will probably play 3 more years or so. And his money is off the books soon enough.

Cuban won't have a problem going after whatever player they want to replace him.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better. There will be no question it's Dwights team. Dirk is a jump shooter. He will probably play 3 more years or so. And his money is off the books soon enough.

Cuban won't have a problem going after whatever player they want to replace him.

This is a pretty attractive element...but Houston already has the pieces.

Kobe is mostly a perimeter player these days too, 34 and coming back from a ruptured achilles...yet none of us think it will be D12s team if he goes back because Kobe is selfish. Dirk is not. Dirk>Kobe :D

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty attractive element...but Houston already has the pieces.

Kobe is mostly a perimeter player these days too, 34 and coming back from a ruptured achilles...yet none of us think it will be D12s team if he goes back because Kobe is selfish. Dirk is not. Dirk>Kobe :D

Like I said......Dallas will make a very good pitch......but I think Houston is the better fit. Cuban has quite a few players on his target list. I doubt they land Dwight........not sure I want them to either. This would be infinitely easier had they signed Dwill like they should have last year.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I thought replies was based on Turnup asking the above question... I have always thought Cuban himself is a great selling point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroram52
Yea TurnUp. There is some truth to what you state about Kobe. And I don't mind seeing other opinions. My feelings are going to be offended by truth. I can live with the truth whether I like it or not.

For as great as he is for as long (except now that he has had a Achilles rupture), Kobe does have an antisocial side of him that is fueled by his fierce competitveness. Fragile ego guys like D12 get too caught-up in Kobe's opinion of them rather then play to their strengths. When that side of Kobe shows up, he can be perceived as real a-hole by players and fans alike.

But again, if D12 is a bad fit for the present Lakers roster, he should walk. That is one of the purposes of FA.
KOBE BRYANT THINKS HE CAN MAKE DWIGHT HOWARD STAY IN LA.
KOBE BRYANT PLANS TO TALK WITH DWIGHT HOWARD NEXT WEEK.
HE IS WASTING HIS TIME ,DWIGHT HOWARD WILL NOT SIGN WITH THE LAKERS..PERIOD.
KOBE BRYANT WANTS TO WIN 2 MORE TITLES TO BREAK MICHAEL JORDAN"S RECORD OF 6 NBA TITLES...HE IS WASTING HIS TIME,THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN,,,HE IS WASHED UP ANYWAYS.
GOT SWEPT BY THE SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS...BRYANT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME PLAYER,,HE ONCE Was