• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Poll (where does he go)

Where do you see Durant playing next year?

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop being greedy! Looks like Your Boys will be winning back-to-back titles, they don't need KD. The Celtics haven't won since '08 & got totally screwed in '10. So the obvious choice is Boston.:hope:
The Ohio State, The Browns and the Indians, but no love for the Cavs?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ohio State, The Browns and the Indians, but no love for the Cavs?

When talking about Ohio State you'll never see me say The. And as far as the Cavs...been a Celtics fans since the days of Larry the Legend. So it just wouldn't have been right for me to become a Cavs fans just because of LeBron.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Lakers just sign Durant AND Lebron? LA is one of the few teams that can afford both and they'd pretty much be guaranteed a title :D

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking about Ohio State you'll never see me say The. And as far as the Cavs...been a Celtics fans since the days of Larry the Legend. So it just wouldn't have been right for me to become a Cavs fans just because of LeBron.
Mine started with Russell and Havlicek watching them beat the big uglies from Philly. It sickens me to hear clowns us the "The" before Ohio State. Dubs have always been my first team though. Interesting though that in every major sport, the Boston teams turned out to be my distant second favorites.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never be a Cavs fan strictly because of Lebron James. Absolutely can't stand the dude.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never be a Cavs fan strictly because of Lebron James. Absolutely can't stand the dude.

I actually liked him when he was with the Cavs the first time. I thought it was a really cool story.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's firmly planted his foot in his mouth several times during his NBA career. My issue w/ him goes all the way back to HS though. And none of this is really his fault but the fucking local media back home didn't shut the hell up about him during his entire HS career. And of course the nonstop local media ass-kissing sessions didn't end when the Cavs drafted him, if anything it got worse. I'm not gonna bad-mouth his career though, like it or not it really has been spectacular. Haven't look this up yet but how many # 1 picks since the '85 Draft have done what he's done? Too bad he wasn't a bit more humble though. If he was his national perception would probably be a bit different.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he wasn't a bit more humble though. If he was his national perception would probably be a bit different.

For me, it's not even that I think he should be humble. I expect these guys to not be humble. But there's a way to go about it. Guys like MJ and Kobe for example, actually managed to make it seem kind of cool...almost defiant. Bird was like that as well.

Lebron does it in a way that's just annoying and he can't seem to stop himself. I've said for years that he needs to hire someone to follow him around and yank him away from the microphone and/or break his phone before he can say or tweet something stupid.

The most recent "icing on the cake" was that "Check My $tats" shirt because he didn't get the MVP.

Couldn't imagine any of the other all-time greats doing shit like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's not even that I think he should be humble. I expect these guys to not be humble. But there's a way to go about it. Guys like MJ and Kobe for example, actually managed to make it seem kind of cool...almost defiant. Bird was like that as well.

Lebron does it in a way that's just annoying and he can't seem to stop himself. I've said for years that he needs to hire someone to follow him around and yank him away from the microphone and/or break his phone before he can say or tweet something stupid. The most recent "icing on the cake" was that "Check My $tats" shirt because he didn't get the MVP.

Couldn't imagine any of the other all-time greats doing shit like that.

LeBron to me is a product (in some aspects) of his generation, growing up in the age of social media. That in no way makes his immature asinine behavior acceptable though. And I agree that he has no clue how to shut the fuck up. Speaking of the all time greats...had they had the access to social media like the athletes of today it might have been brutal w/ some of them. Ya mentioned my all-time favorite player...Larry the Legend. Always heard he was a big-time shit talker during his career. I would have loved to have seen him on social media during the prime of his career. And I'm sure Magic would have been the same as far as the talking. Tell ya what though...I truly miss the NBA of the 80's & always will. I liked the game back then much better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron to me is a product (in some aspects) of his generation, growing up in the age of social media. That in no way makes his immature asinine behavior acceptable though. And I agree that he has no clue how to shut the fuck up. Speaking of the all time greats...had they had the access to social media like the athletes of today it might have been brutal w/ some of them. Ya mentioned my all-time favorite player...Larry the Legend. Always heard he was a big-time shit talker during his career. I would have loved to have seen him on social media during the prime of his career. And I'm sure Magic would have been the same as far as the talking. Tell ya what though...I truly miss the NBA of the 80's & always will. I liked the game back then much better.

Completely agree.

Yeah, from everything I've heard, Larry's shit talking was legendary. Used to tell guys exactly what shot he was going to hit over them and then do it.

My favorite though, was when he walked into the locker room before an all star break 3 point shooting contest and asked "Which one of y'all's finishing 2nd?" Then he goes out and wins the contest while still wearing his warmup jacket. :pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree.

Yeah, from everything I've heard, Larry's shit talking was legendary. Used to tell guys exactly what shot he was going to hit over them and then do it.

My favorite though, was when he walked into the locker room before an all star break 3 point shooting contest and asked "Which one of y'all's finishing 2nd?" Then he goes out and wins the contest while still wearing his warmup jacket. :pound:

I do remember his comments before the 3 point shootout that year. Problem is...I don't remember the year!:doh: I was actually @ Bird's final NBA game back in '92. The C's lost to the Cavs in the playoffs. Then in '96 during the All Star Game in Cleveland when the 50 greatest NBAers were announced @ HT I got the honor of meeting my childhood sports idol w/ my late father after the game. The thought of it still gives me goose bums to this day, it's something I'll never forget.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember his comments before the 3 point shootout that year. Problem is...I don't remember the year!:doh: I was actually @ Bird's final NBA game back in '92. The C's lost to the Cavs in the playoffs. Then in '96 during the All Star Game in Cleveland when the 50 greatest NBAers were announced @ HT of the game I got the honor of meeting my childhood sports idol w/ my late father after the game. The thought of it still gives me goose bums to this day, it's something I'll never forget.

Can't remember the year either.

What an awesome memory.