• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant ijury, the cosequences for the entire league's future..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I'm saying, they are making bank on the new arena and not just from basketball, it's now the premier concert venue in the Bay for major acts. For a couple years they will take the hit. It may not be up to them if KD leaves though
doesn't matter. irrelevant. absolutely wont happen. this just shows that you simply do not grasp the financial implications. your statement is born of ignorance and hopefulness.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zero chance that Green, Durant, Klay and Curry will all be on GSW together all under max contracts. You are correct.

the most they can keep those 4 together is 1 more year at best before Draymond gets his extension- and even that is doubtful.

the cost is too exhorbitant. CBA is not even really built to keep 3 max guys together for the long term, let alone 4. Its unrealistic- it has nothing to do with being cheap or saving money etc...its just not realistic.

Gotta agree. As I said I can see Lakob saying fuck it for one season and hope KD is back for the playoffs but to me they're going to have to start thinking about life without one of KD, Klay or Draymond for 20/21 minimum

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacob don't care. He's the real spender not your boy Dan Gilbert

Come on man we are not talking small potatoes here. This is in excess of one hundred and fifty million dollars.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree. As I said I can see Lakob saying fuck it for one season and hope KD is back for the playoffs but to me they're going to have to start thinking about life without one of KD, Klay or Draymond for 20/21 minimum
to be honest its not like it a "gotta agree or gotta disagree" type of statement I made. I choose the word statement carefully. If it was opinion I would have used the word opinion.

its not opinion. Its just black and white fact.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man we are not talking small potatoes here. This is in excess of one hundred and fifty million dollars.
he obviously does not grasp the financial implications. thats cool i am sure few fans do. but it will become abundantly clear going forward.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...MINIMUM is the key word out of your post... I believe it will have to be more than "MINIMUM" if one seeks for the fastest possible come back...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't matter. irrelevant. absolutely wont happen. this just shows that you simply do not grasp the financial implications. your statement is born of ignorance and hopefulness.
Wrong again, kiddo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he obviously does not grasp the financial implications. thats cool i am sure few fans do. but it will become abundantly clear going forward.

Maybe I don't either. I haven't looked real deep into the cap, etc. But I think a lot could depend on KD's deal (assuming he stays).

Why couldn't they sign KD to a 1 and 1, then extend Draymond, pay whatever the tax would be for 1 season to keep a title team together and then let KD walk after that?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Good thing they have lots and lots of potatoes. If KD leaves it doesn't matter. If he stays we'll find out in a year.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really wish Lacob was my dad
Then don't believer words out of lips that aim to heal your ears than reveal to you their real financial policies...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest its not like it a "gotta agree or gotta disagree" type of statement I made. I choose the word statement carefully. If it was opinion I would have used the word opinion.

its not opinion. Its just black and white fact.

Obviously those closer to the situation think Lakob will punt millions simply to keep a dynasty together.

I get the money he's made in wealth in terms of the Warrior brand far exceeds that but that valuation largely exists because they're as competitive as they are. Granted it's netting them some very nice digs.

I'm not of the belief he would consider anything past this upcoming season and even then it seems a stretch because KD may or may not be ready for the playoffs. Hell of a bill to pay for a player that won't see the floor most of the season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Good thing they have lots and lots of potatoes. If KD leaves it doesn't matter. If he stays we'll find out in a year.

Even with that they still "only" netted 100 million in profit with a payroll that projects to be 120 million less than next year. His best case scenario is breaking even and he'd basically be paying over 100 million for KD not to play. I'm sure that some of his contract would be covered by insurance but I doubt they'd cover luxury tax

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't they sign KD to a 1 and 1, then extend Draymond, pay whatever the tax would be for 1 season to keep a title team together and then let KD walk after that?

It still is (lots of) money wasted and doesn't givea long term solution...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that they still "only" netted 100 million in profit with a payroll that projects to be 120 million less than next year. His best case scenario is breaking even and he'd basically be paying over 100 million for KD not to play. I'm sure that some of his contract would be covered by insurance but I doubt they'd cover luxury tax
Guess I have to use the ultimate debate ender: we will see

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roosvelt Bouie's continuous injuries are the league's saddest story for what possibly was the biggest basketball talent ever... (Giannis before Giannis)
This right here shows that you have no clue.Roosevelt Bouie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still is (lots of) money wasted and doesn't givea long term solution...

At that tax level, there really isn't a long term solution and I don't think they'd really be looking for one. It would be more about seeing how long they can keep the run going.

Players get old and start to decline, the Warriors have been on this run for what? 5 years now?

Even if they could easily pay the luxury tax, we're not that far away from it not being worth it because players will get old and start declining.

Heck, just off of the 5 year run, I think we may be starting to see some of that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3