• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant ijury, the cosequences for the entire league's future..

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant's injury goes far more than first sight to affect the league's future...

In this order of importance:

1. One of the league's top~5 and most exiting to watch players, faces a career ending threat coming with his injury, while he still has many years left in his career..

2. Injury comes at the title finals, which coud affect the outcome and collapse the team's up to now domination.

3.KD ewas assumed to hit free agency this season and join another team with hopes to contend because of his integration to the roster.

4.The financial consequences for GSW could be huge since KD is now expected to accept his player option for next season, but not play and still hit free agency after.

5. The teams that have put all their future hopes and policies on signing KD, are now "without a future"...

Anything else you may think and add that could be helpful is welcomed... please keep trolls out of this...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Warriors won't be trading Curry, Klay or Draymond unless something crazy happens and 1 asks to be dealt.

Golden State is willing to pay a large tax bill.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can tell you for sure is that the Warriors won't be trading Curry, Klay or Draymond unless something crazy happens and 1 asks to be dealt.

Golden State is willing to pay a large tax bill.
waht you think Durant is going to pick up his option? or resign there?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant's injury goes far more than first sight to affect the league's future...

In this order of importance:

1. One of the league's top~5 and most exiting to watch players, faces a career ending threat coming with his injury, while he still has many years left in his career..

2. Injury comes at the title finals, which coud affect the outcome and collapse the team's up to now domination.

3.KD ewas assumed to hit free agency this season and join another team with hopes to contend because of his integration to the roster.

4.The financial consequences for GSW could be huge since KD is now expected to accept his player option for next season, but not play and still hit free agency after.

5. The teams that have put all their future hopes and policies on signing KD, are now "without a future"...

Anything else you may think and add that could be helpful is welcomed... please keep trolls out of this...
no

fucking

way

he

accepts

his

option

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waht you think Durant is going to pick up his option? or resign there?

I have no idea.

All depends on how he feels about how this whole thing went down and whether he blames GS or not.

Before the injury I think KD was almost Defintely gone.

Now?

The odds of him picking up the player option went from 0 to some number higher than 0.

A long term deal with GS might be more likely too, because Myers has said in the past he would pay KD whatever he could to keep him in town. Can't see him going back on that now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes nothing in terms of some teams being willing to give him a 4 year max deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes nothing in terms of some teams being willing to give him a 4 year max deal.

I agree with that.

And I think taking a full max deal somewhere is what he should do.

But, the injury brings the player option back into play if he decides he would rather be a free agent next summer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

And I think taking a full max deal somewhere is what he should do.

But, the injury brings the player option back into play if he decides he would rather be a free agent next summer.

No question he still gets paid, teams just have to take that risk. Has anyone truly ever been the same after this injury though? That’s the real question and the shame of it all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question he still gets paid, teams just have to take that risk. Has anyone truly ever been the same after this injury though? That’s the real question and the shame of it all.

I agree.

KD is so damn good though.

80% of KD is still probably still an all NBA player.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

fucking

way

he

accepts

his

option

Who the hell is going to pay him that much money to rehab? He's probably not playing next season if it's as bad as they say. Look at what happened to Cousins who faced the same thing?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will most probably miss the entire of the next season and then come back at the age of 31. His next playoffs can be no earlier than when he is at the age of 32...

Under the circumstances, the question should rather be which team may take the risk to sign him this off season and then if it does, at what salary.

I find it hard to believe that if he denies his team option he will find a team willing to sign him on a supermax and have him missing the entire first season.

The readonable thing for him to do is to pick his team option for next season and then hit free agency a season later in what will surely be a lesser contract of what he now makes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

KD is so damn good though.

80% of KD is still probably still an all NBA player.

Zero question about that, I feel bad for the guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will most probably miss the entire of the next season and then come back at the age of 31. His next playoffs can be no earlier than when he is at the age of 32...

Under the circumstances, the question should rather be which team may take the risk to sign him this off season and then if it does, at what salary.

I find it hard to believe that if he denies his team option he will find a team willing to sign him on a supermax and have him missing the entire first season.

The readonable thing for him to do is to pick his team option for next season and then hit free agency a season later in what will surely be a lesser contract of what he now makes.

He will have no less than 4 teams willing to give it to him, at a minimum.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have no less than 4 teams willing to give it to him, at a minimum.
Give what? Do you mean a supermax this off season?

If so, which four teams you think those may be?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give what? Do you mean a supermax this off season?

If so, which four teams you think those may be?

New York, Brooklyn, Golden State and the Lakers. I expect there are more.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stupid decision by Durant to play last night.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York, Brooklyn, Golden State and the Lakers. I expect there are more.

I assure you GSW or the NETs won't... Nets don't even have Durant among the priorities. for the supermax contracts they were (are) after...
Very much doubt the Lakers will want to miss the playoffs for another season and then have him back on Bron's 3rd year under his contract and also doubt the Knicks will want to go through the "Porzingis" memories for once more...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assure you GSW or the NETs won't... Nets don't even have Durant among the priorities. for the supermax contracts they were (are) after...
Very much doubt the Lakers will want to miss the playoffs for another season and then have him back on Bron's 3rd year under his contract and also doubt the Knicks will want to go through the "Porzingis" memories for once more...

We shall see.

But I would bet GSW, NYK and others will be willing to offer a 4 year max to get KD for 3 years.

Because GS owes him and Bob Myers is a stand up guy.

And KD is that good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is going to pay him that much money to rehab? He's probably not playing next season if it's as bad as they say. Look at what happened to Cousins who faced the same thing?
you got 3k vcash

ill bet you how ever much of it that you want that Durant still signs a long term max contract.

If i was any team out there I would still sign him to a max.