• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ducks About To Do It Again

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a healthy finger and a probable wins over MSU and WSU which they both barely lost without him. 1 loss to Utah early in the season Oregonwould have been a 1 loss Pac 12 Champ and would have likely been in over MSU.

How about I wave a magic wand and magically make Vernons finger not broken. You think that guarantees you a couple more wins? What if with him healthy someone else goes down instead? What if a couple O linemen go down like when Marriota was healthy and you lose a game or two?
It is what it is. You didn;t win those games period.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about I wave a magic wand and magically make Vernons finger not broken. You think that guarantees you a couple more wins? What if with him healthy someone else goes down instead? What if a couple O linemen go down like when Marriota was healthy and you lose a game or two?
It is what it is. You didn;t win those games period.
And without the sanctions USC never skips a beat right?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And without the sanctions USC never skips a beat right?

So you agree you never know . That's cool.

And I've never said without sanctions USC doesnt skip a beat. Every year was different. Some years they had a great offense and some years a great defense. I never thought it would be the same every year. You Oregon fans are the one with the "system" mentality that when you get a freshman RB he's the best and fastest youve ever had and when you get a QB he will be great it's Darron Thomas Marcus Marriota 2.0.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams wouldn't have been there if he didn't have some kind of assurance that he'd be starting and at the time, no one knew how Lockie or Mahalak would have performed because they hadn't gotten a chance.

And yes, you're sipping the green Kool-Aid.
I'm done belaboring the point. Let's leave it at you think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong and call it even.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
todays ESPN Pac 12 mailbag talked about it.
Jason writes: What are your thoughts on the whole FCS graduate transfer thing? With Oregon getting an unofficial visit from Montana State QB Dakota Prukop this is a hot topic, especially after the Vernon Adams transfer last year. Fans of other teams want to criticize the Ducks and put them down for this, but let's be honest, the results with Vernon Adams worked out pretty darn well. While it doesn't necessarily say good things about the coaches' ability to develop the young QBs, is it really such a bad thing? To me an FCS transfer is no different than a JC transfer. These are kids who want to play at the highest level and if they are good enough why shouldn't they be given the chance? Is it just because Oregon is a high-profile program and the position is QB? The point of the game is to win, is it not? If a graduate transfer from the FCS level can help a team win while also accomplishing his personal goals, isn't that a mutually beneficial partnership that should be praised rather than criticized?

Oregon can't develop quarterbacks? What school has been more consistent at the position over the past, oh, quarter century?
As for the FCS graduate transfer thing, it is a 100 percent positive with no negatives. It encourages a young man to get his undergraduate degree and to continue his education. It also allows him to step up a level to a higher level of competition. It's a merit promotion. That's very USA.
So anyone who doesn't like FCS transfers is un-American.
Mark Helfrich's job is to get the best play behind center as possible. He did a pretty darn good job of that with Ole What's His Hawaii Face. And he did a pretty darn good job of that with Adams this year, at least when Adams was healthy.
If Dakota Prukop -- all-name team? -- wants to go to Oregon, and Oregon wants him to be a Duck, and he ends up winning the competition for the starting job, everyone wins.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew what I thought I typed I need to double check posts when using my phone tho I do that a lot when I use it it's usually worse. I can't remember who he transferred to. I thought it would be Florida because he knew the OC. I'm wanting to think it was Arkansas tho

Yeah, it was Arkansas.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be glad he didn't join origins farm system :dhd:

I doubt Oregon would have been that interested anyway. He's not really the type of QB for their system. Now, if Sam Darnold decided that he wanted to transfer to Oregon THAT would be a problem.