• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ducks About To Do It Again

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why he brought in 2 Junior college transfers for the 15 season? Tony rodriguez and Anthony Berg?
Jr college transfers are part of recruiting... there's a big difference between having a Jr transfer in from a Jr college, and relying on Sr transfers to fill one of your most important positions...

It's not a personal thing. Of course I like to flip oregon shit and all, but in all seriousness it doesn't really bother me if you guys raid the FCS for graduate transfers. I'm just glad my team isn't doing it (though, for the 2014 season it probably wouldn't have been a terrible idea). If I were an oregon fan I'd be concerned if this is something that happens two years in a row...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr college transfers are part of recruiting... there's a big difference between having a Jr transfer in from a Jr college, and relying on Sr transfers to fill one of your most important positions...

It's not a personal thing. Of course I like to flip oregon shit and all, but in all seriousness it doesn't really bother me if you guys raid the FCS for graduate transfers. I'm just glad my team isn't doing it (though, for the 2014 season it probably wouldn't have been a terrible idea). If I were an oregon fan I'd be concerned if this is something that happens two years in a row...
Again show me proof where Oregon is seeking these guys out vs the Players making first contact. No one ever said Oregon was bringing in FCS players to be the starter, but they would be given the opportunity to compete for the job. Adams happened to win it. he was the obvious best player at the position and probably would have won the job at the majority of FBS programs had he transfered somewhere else.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again show me proof where Oregon is seeking these guys out vs the Players making first contact. No one ever said Oregon was bringing in FCS players to be the starter, but they would be given the opportunity to compete for the job. Adams happened to win it. he was the obvious best player at the position and probably would have won the job at the majority of FBS programs had he transfered somewhere else.

I don't need to prove anything... time will tell if it's going to happen again.

Seriously, if it doesn't concern you at all, more power to you man.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to prove anything... time will tell if it's going to happen again.

Seriously, if it doesn't concern you at all, more power to you man.

No not really. Helfirch is the one that found Mariota. he developed him with Frost. Kelly just happened to be the HC when he signed. Lockie didnt come about like they hoped when they got him but name a school that hasnt had players not work out. There were a couple other transfers that thinned out the depth chart becuase they felt they had a better chance to play somewhere else. Mahalak and Jonsen were better/higher rated then Lockie was and we have yet to see what they can or can't do.

like I said, him contacting Oregon vs Oregon contacting him is a big difference. Oregon recruiting players to come play is different than the player saying hey I have another year of eligabilty left and want to come play for you. I cant imagine a coach out there would say no to talented player from where ever they were coming from. it worked out with Adams doesn't mean it will each and every time.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what you're are missing is that they brought in a guy instead of sticking with the guys they recruited and giving them a chance to win the job. It's not as if Oregon let MahalaK, Lockie or whoever, play this year, saw they weren't up to the task and then went after a transfer this year. They never really gave them a shot at earning the job.

Plus, you have the distraction that this causes with all of the questions and reporting on it.
I don't know how much more of a "chance" they were looking for. Adams didn't even get to campus until August and had about two weeks to prepare for the first game if they couldn't win the job with things weighted so heavily in their favor they didn't deserve to start.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much more of a "chance" they were looking for. Adams didn't even get to campus until August and had about two weeks to prepare for the first game if they couldn't win the job with things weighted so heavily in their favor they didn't deserve to start.

Yeah, it's not like Adams walked in with a pretty much guaranteed starting job or anything. :rolleyes2:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not like Adams walked in with a pretty much guaranteed starting job or anything.
He didn't if the other two had proven better they would have started IMO.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they would have. Helfrich is way worse than anyone has ever even joked about If that's not the case. I think the point is it was probably understood before adams even moved to Eugene that he was going to be the best option.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't if the other two had proven better they would have started IMO.

Not buying it. They didn't bring Adams in to sit on the bench. If he wasn't guaranteed the starting job, they wouldn't have gone through all the drama, etc. that they did to get him.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it. They didn't bring Adams in to sit on the bench. If he wasn't guaranteed the starting job, they wouldn't have gone through all the drama, etc. that they did to get him.
Don't care if you buy it or not, as your opinion on my team isn't gonna change mine.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they would have. Helfrich is way worse than anyone has ever even joked about If that's not the case. I think the point is it was probably understood before adams even moved to Eugene that he was going to be the best option.
They may have felt he was more talented but he had a very small window of time to prove it. Had he not shown he was head and shoulders better than the other options he would have held a clip board for the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if you buy it or not, as your opinion on my team isn't gonna change mine.

Yeah, I'm sure Adams went through what he did to spend his senior season sitting on the bench.

Just keep sipping that green Kool-Aid.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure Adams went through what he did to spend his senior season sitting on the bench.

Just keep sipping that green Kool-Aid.
So you actually think Helfrich wouldn't have started Lockie or Mahalak if they looked better?

And I'm the one sipping koolaid...:doobs:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you actually think Helfrich wouldn't have started Lockie or Mahalak if they looked better?

And I'm the one sipping koolaid...:doobs:

Adams wouldn't have been there if he didn't have some kind of assurance that he'd be starting and at the time, no one knew how Lockie or Mahalak would have performed because they hadn't gotten a chance.

And yes, you're sipping the green Kool-Aid.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this scenario Oregon still has no natty. And trend of using fcs teams to recruit qbs isn't exactly something to brag about. IMO it's a bad sign of the future of Oregon football. With the recent success you would think they could draw some 4 to 5 star prospects into their system. Which raises the question. Do these kids not consider Oregon a legit contender, is it hellfire have,is it an academic thing or just bad recruiting? SC just had max brown leave for playing time

Max Browne is transferring? Hadn't heard/seen anything on that (and couldn't find in a google search).

It was pretty disappointing when he didn't come to UW; local media and recruiting sites were making him out to be the second-coming....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Browne is transferring? Hadn't heard/seen anything on that (and couldn't find in a google search).

It was pretty disappointing when he didn't come to UW; local media and recruiting sites were making him out to be the second-coming....

He's not transferring (at least there has been literally nothing announced). I think clarkson mixed up his qb's. USC did have a qb transfer fairly recently, but I can't remember who it was.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not transferring (at least there has been literally nothing announced). I think clarkson mixed up his qb's. USC did have a qb transfer fairly recently, but I can't remember who it was.
Ricky Town auto correct issue just be happy it wasn't worse last time I had an iPhone malfunction it replace colorforms with chloroform

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Town auto correct issue just be happy it wasn't worse last time I had an iPhone malfunction it replace colorforms with chloroform

THAT'S who it was. I knew we had one transfer, but couldn't think of who it was.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT'S who it was. I knew we had one transfer, but couldn't think of who it was.
I knew what I thought I typed I need to double check posts when using my phone tho I do that a lot when I use it it's usually worse. I can't remember who he transferred to. I thought it would be Florida because he knew the OC. I'm wanting to think it was Arkansas tho