• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ducks About To Do It Again

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take this to scenario village for a minute. Say this kid, or any good fcs grad for that matter, wanted to transfer to Washington last spring. Are you saying, not knowing how your current freshman qb would play, that you wouldn't want a one year qb that could come in and potentially win the starting position? And if that happened is it an indictment of Peterson's recruiting ability?

Hrrm let's see...no established starter in the way, a strong stable of rbs behind him, and athletes all over the place. Yeah, what recruit would EVER want to step into that situation?
I'm saying I don't need to worry about it. Clearly, at this point at least, Petersen is confident in his recruiting and developing who they have, because he's not looking for, or listening to offers from, FCS quarterbacks.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is a disaster,The risk of committing expecting to play qb to be replaced by a transfer. A real possibility that origins window has closed and A lack of A big name. If they keep going the transfer route and not developing the QBs that commit or show confidence in them and develop them. That really doesn't look good for recruiting. And I'm not seeing the trojans that have committed decimating and going to oregon as was said in the other thread. SC does not have a coaching problem and are making the changes to succeed. Oregon may want to work on what they have in house rather than farming
True, IF this guy does transfer to Oregon, and IF he wins the starting position it MIGHT make the kid think a bit. These are, for the most part still the coaches that helped Mariota develop into a Heisman. That alone should give them some weight in any potential recruit's mind.

As far as the defense goes, yes, it was pretty bad at times this year especially in the backfield. Though you have to remember they did begin the season with ONE upper classman and very few actual game time reps. They also have two 4* and one 3* DB commits for the 2016 class as of now things should work themselves out soon enough.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying I don't need to worry about it. Clearly, at this point at least, Petersen is confident in his recruiting and developing who they have, because he's not looking for, or listening to offers from, FCS quarterbacks.
The question is are any even inquiring.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is are any even inquiring.
Ask it all you want, again, I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty stoked for the future of Petersen's first quarterback recruit, and am very pleased with how he has progressed early on.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask it all you want, again, I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty stoked for the future of Petersen's first quarterback recruit, and am very pleased with how he has progressed early on.
I agree the kid looks good. Still at the start of this season you have to admit you would have loved to have Adams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hrrm let's see...no established starter in the way, a strong stable of rbs behind him, and athletes all over the place. Yeah, what recruit would EVER want to step into that situation?

Hmm, let's see. 4 star recruit see's team bringing in FCS quarterbacks instead of sticking with the guys they recruited and who committed to the program for at least 3 years. Yeah, who wouldn't want to step into THAT situation?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, let's see. 4 star recruit see's team bringing in FCS quarterbacks instead of sticking with the guys they recruited and who committed to the program for at least 3 years. Yeah, who wouldn't want to step into THAT situation?
That would all depend on one's self confidence, I suppose. I, personally, would want my team to go after whomever they can to win games and in that way prove myself the best among them, but that's me. I would think a 4* recruit would look at this the same way. They probably have more self confidence, actually, since they haven't had to face the real world yet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would all depend on one's self confidence, I suppose. I, personally, would want my team to go after whomever they can to win games and in that way prove myself the best among them, but that's me. I would think a 4* recruit would look at this the same way. They probably have more self confidence, actually, since they haven't had to face the real world yet.

You might think that, but you'd be wrong. These kids want to play right away. It's why you see quarterbacks transfer from USC, not to USC.

A 4 star recruit looks at how quickly they can play because, these days, they only intend to play for 3 years before going to the NFL. You can't get the playing time necessary to show off your skills to NFL scouts if your team is bringing in experienced FCS transfers rather than sticking with their own recruits.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might think that, but you'd be wrong. These kids want to play right away. It's why you see quarterbacks transfer from USC, not to USC.

A 4 star recruit looks at how quickly they can play because, these days, they only intend to play for 3 years before going to the NFL. You can't get the playing time necessary to show off your skills to NFL scouts if your team is bringing in experienced FCS transfers rather than sticking with their own recruits.
They have brought in exactly one FCS transfer that has started, remember this is still all rumour mill bullshit. Even if he does come I can guarantee he won't simply be handed the starting job. If he wins it it will be earned. Plus who's to say he actually chooses Oregon? From what I've read he has some direct ties to TCU and will be visiting them during the Alamo Bowl as well. Let's wait to see how it all plays out.

I still disagree that having two one year starters come in back to back would do too much for a new recruits commitment. You said so yourself, the kids want to start right away. If the team doesn't have an established starter and seem to lack confidence in their current roster that screams that the position is there for the taking.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still disagree that having two one year starters come in back to back would do too much for a new recruits commitment. You said so yourself, the kids want to start right away. If the team doesn't have an established starter and seem to lack confidence in their current roster that screams that the position is there for the taking.

But what you're are missing is that they brought in a guy instead of sticking with the guys they recruited and giving them a chance to win the job. It's not as if Oregon let MahalaK, Lockie or whoever, play this year, saw they weren't up to the task and then went after a transfer this year. They never really gave them a shot at earning the job.

Plus, you have the distraction that this causes with all of the questions and reporting on it.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what you're are missing is that they brought in a guy instead of sticking with the guys they recruited and giving them a chance to win the job. It's not as if Oregon let MahalaK, Lockie or whoever, play this year, saw they weren't up to the task and then went after a transfer this year. They never really gave them a shot at earning the job.

Plus, you have the distraction that this causes with all of the questions and reporting on it.

Thank God our coaches brought in VA...we didn't want to be stuck with the next Cody Kessler. :happy:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God our coaches brought in VA...we didn't want to be stuck with the next Cody Kessler. :happy:

Yeah, I don't blame you. Who the hell wants a guy who has thrown for 10,118 yards, 87 touchdowns and 18 interceptions in his career? :noidea:

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't blame you. Who the hell wants a guy who has thrown for 10,118 yards, 87 touchdowns and 18 interceptions in his career? :noidea:

I want a guy that can win regardless of his stats. :suds:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um.....Oregon could go 10-3 this year...

They played in the NCG last year and were one game away from playing in the CCG this year....

a healthy Adams all year and undeniably the Ducks have no worse than a 10-2 record right now.

um......Grandma could be Grandpa if she had balls.

VAkDU5H.gif

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why he brought in 2 Junior college transfers for the 15 season? Tony rodriguez and Anthony Berg?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated to how gay the uniforms are where's mamba?