• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft what position?

What position do you want drafted?

• WR

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Safety

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • CB

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • OLB/ILB

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • OL

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what happened to Atlanta and given Gonzalez may retire, I can see them making a play for Watkins and having the best Wr trio in the league.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what happened to Atlanta and given Gonzalez may retire, I can see them making a play for Watkins and having the best Wr trio in the league.

Then I would immediately get on the phone and offer a 7th rd pick for Douglas. He is no beast. He sure does get separation and catches the ball. SHowed his worth when Julio went down all season long!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tampa still have their first rounder? I forget what they gave for Revis Island. (I've read that Peppers may get cut, wonder if he and Lovie could reconnect?). That seems like a good idea for the Rams to me

They got the 1st rd. last year. Conditional pick this year maybe???
Peppers may not be only one getting cut.

Darrelle Revis Rumors: Lovie Smith to Release Buccaneers CB? Tampa Bay Veteran Denies Reports as Salary Issue in Rebuilding Effort : US : Sports World Report

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woah, Revis getting cut seems crazy. I know his contract is big, but wow. So they basically threw a first rounder away for one year of Revis on a team led by Mike Glennon since another first rounder was cut a month into the season. I like Mayhew a little right now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, Revis getting cut seems crazy. I know his contract is big, but wow. So they basically threw a first rounder away for one year of Revis on a team led by Mike Glennon since another first rounder was cut a month into the season. I like Mayhew a little right now.

I know right! Saves 16mill in cap and a conditional pick. Article was I felt was a shock and awe reporting. Although Lovie does run a lot of zone.

Think they just fired the GM. SO this move would be all the owners and Lovie's doing

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right! Saves 16mill in cap and a conditional pick. Article was I felt was a shock and awe reporting. Although Lovie does run a lot of zone.

Think they just fired the GM. SO this move would be all the owners and Lovie's doing

I wonder what that conditional pick would be? Im trying to wrap my tiny head around this. Maybe I'll just start callin Meow insensately until he wakes up to see what he thinks of the money saved. I was Leary of cutting Sims to save a couple mil, Revis for 16 is out of my league. (By league I mean stoner realm of comprehension)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The atricle says picks.

Ohhhhhhhhhh....... multiple picks makes things a little different. This could be an interesting story this off season. (I wonder who will be able to afford DR once the axe falls?)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forward thinking......Draft Manziel and 2 years down the line trade him for 2 1st round picks......Grab a LB in the 1st round, same ole Lions.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs will always garnish more in trades......Hell draft 3 QBs this year.....Trade them all a few years from now to get a bunch of 1st round draft picks.....Suck it up, lose for the next 5 years and finally put together a team.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty - I meant that my avatar was put up for you based on your earlier comments on this thread about Gruden, not about Clowney.

Revis trade conditional pick(s) - it is just one pick that I am aware of, it will be a third or fourth depending on what the Bucs do from here. It's a third if Revis is on the roster at the end of the third league day of 2014 (should be March 14). It's a fourth if the cut him before then.

Bucs cap space - they have about $9.7m in space now. Adding $16m would be huge and let them target any FA's they want. They have no noteworthy FA's of their own so $ is abundant in Tampa.

Don't cut him, trade him - we will see what type of vision the front office in TB really has. Revis gets a $1.5m bonus if he is on the roster after that third league day but who cares about that small of an amount? Why cut him and get nothing other than only losing a fourth instead of a third rd pick? I'm pretty sure Revis is worth more in trade value than the third it costs them to keep. There are plenty of teams who could eat his $13m salary for a year while they work out a new deal. If by some unbelievable reason they can't get a deal worked out before the end of May then they can cut him with a $1.5m cap hit for the bonus they paid him.

With the type of contract Revis currently has it would be very easy to restructure it and save a huge amount of $ as well. If he isn't in a Bucs uniform next year it will be because the Bucs got value in a trade and not as a cap saving move. Unless they are even more clueless than the Lions, which I find very hard to believe.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clowney didn't have all the issues I could get on board but he is reminding me of a DE version of Pac Man.

Khalid Mack if he is their or Dennard if he isn't.

Come on, Clowney is a rare talent. Him and Ziggy on either side of the line with Suh and Fairley in the middle would be flat out ridiculous!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff George was a rare talent, Pac Man Jones, Kenny Britt.

Clowney has all the talent you would want in a DE but in the top 10 the Lions can not afford a bust or a head case. I would go Watkins after his performance last night, Dennard, Mack, Barr, or even Matthews.

If the Lions had a solid team with good leadership then it becomes less a risk. But after watching the Lions deal with Young, Berry, LeShoure, and the guys with injuries I want a contributor I know will play week in and out. I get the feeling Clowney signs a big contract and mails it in or becomes a locker room cancer.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff George was a rare talent, Pac Man Jones, Kenny Britt.

Clowney has all the talent you would want in a DE but in the top 10 the Lions can not afford a bust or a head case. I would go Watkins after his performance last night, Dennard, Mack, Barr, or even Matthews.

If the Lions had a solid team with good leadership then it becomes less a risk. But after watching the Lions deal with Young, Berry, LeShoure, and the guys with injuries I want a contributor I know will play week in and out. I get the feeling Clowney signs a big contract and mails it in or becomes a locker room cancer.

I don't think so. He was just being careful of getting hurt, the guy put a 5 million dollar life insurance policy on his body before the season I believe. Clowney has been in the running for the #1 overall pick since his freshman year. Last spring it was rumored he ran a 4.5 at 265lbs. Guy is a physical freak. Teams ran their entire offenses away from him this season. I know a guy like Watkins or Barr would be every down players and probably make a bigger impact but to just write this guy off at this point of his career is a little hard to swallow.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we not go after Dennard or another CB if one is better? We have an above average line now and it showed all year that if we cannot get to the QB in 3 seconds he would have an easy pass completion. Shutdown corners account for more sacks than 4 all word DL all day. If QB has no one to throw to he gets sacked or throws it away, either way its a win.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a second round pick in Slay and a big contract on Houston, a third rounder invested in Bentley, Greenwood looked promising and Mathis was a solid vet, how are we going to get value in a "win now" scenario if we draft a CB?

We can't get away from that Houston contract due to the dead $. So would our first round pick be for a guy used only in nickel and dime packages?