• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft what position?

What position do you want drafted?

• WR

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Safety

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • CB

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • OLB/ILB

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • OL

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did u happen to see Linehan get fired a few days ago? Then there's ur answer.

I'm aware of our coaching issues. But those fuckers are gone and if we get a good staff I have no doubt we could be special with the addition of Watkins. I know u don't feel the same, no need to reply.

On the contrary...I think Watkins would be a super choice, as well as Dix, and Dennard......But if the same ole guys are pulling the strings don't expect anything to change......

See we agree on something, sorry it might bother you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is McCarron projected to go? I haven't looked at any of those yet. But if he's there in the later rounds, I'd love to take a shot at him. He's a proven winner, he's cool and calm as he's been on the biggest NCAA stages multiple times. And he can make all the throws necessary.

I believe he's one of those pencilled in the 3-4 range. No complaints if we nabbed AJ.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one guy I hope the Lions don't draft -- which I've been seeing on a few Mocks is Darqueze Dennard. I think he was an unbelievable CB in college, but the pro game calls the games much tighter. He got away with a lot of clutching and grabbing that will get flagged in the NFL.

Then again -- I could be overanalyzing, because even if they did draft him, it'd be a big upgrade at the CB position, as the guy was named the top CB in college football this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1, I'm in.

I took Shaw down as my av after he thought running up the middle 15 times for 3 yards was a good idea against the best D in the country. My favorite play of theirs was the broken field goal attempt. Anyways, back to stones....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy who could be great opposite Calvin is Mike Evans.
i like Evans too. He pretty much dominated SEC play and saw double coverage often. Could kind of give us a duo like they have in Chicago. Two big wrs on the edges.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's one of those pencilled in the 3-4 range. No complaints if we nabbed AJ.

I would not be opposed to nabbing him in one of those rounds depending on the positions we've addressed beforehand. He would definitely be a guy that could pressure Stafford into finally refining his skills. Bc McCarron can get the ball downfield and make every other throw.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffrey's hands are so awesome. I hate him. (I wish Ryan Broyles played enough for me to like something about him.)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is no joke. I kept mentioning him, along with Ellington last year but nobody gave a fack! Lol. We wont have a chance at him. You heard it hear first.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bradford's future as brighter than Footballs. I'd trade that second pick if I were Saint Louie. But Im me, and I always want teams to trade their top picks rather than draft some QB.

I see the Rams double dipping on the Redskins blunder and getting more picks. No matter what the Texans do Johnny, Clowney, and Teddy, there will be two there and somebody will bite. No big contracts so the #2 spot does not kill you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is no joke. I kept mentioning him, along with Ellington last year but nobody gave a fack! Lol. We wont have a chance at him. You heard it hear first.

Im not even ready for THIS years draft Yao. You're ahead of the times man. (Or Im just behind the times.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year crazy shit happens between combine and the draft. Ziggy was not spoken of that much last January. Then you also have runs at certain positions. Last year LT year before CB. This year it will QB IMO. Big need for five teams ahead of us. With Matthews, Mack and a few DB's anything can happen. Will Sammy fall?? He may? You heard it hear fourth.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Rams double dipping on the Redskins blunder and getting more picks. No matter what the Texans do Johnny, Clowney, and Teddy, there will be two there and somebody will bite. No big contracts so the #2 spot does not kill you.

It'd be hard to pass on Clowney. But if they could get another top ten pick and a second rounder for the Skins pick itd be a great move. (They might even be able to squeek another low round pick in there also. I don't think the pick would be as Valueable if Clowney were taken by the Texans, but you never know.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the entire game against Baylor. Yes, it's only one game, but he didn't look all that impressive. His long TD passes came on a 5-10 yd throw that the WR took the rest of the way. He just did not look like a starting caliber NFL QB, imho.

Don't think you can judge off one game as you said. Needs to be body off work. I know you aware of all the intangables. Not saying you don't. Glad I didn't watch Steve Young play that one game were Rice took two slants 80 and 85 yards. Then see Craig take a screen 76 and say... that Young does not impress me. He does look like a HOF QB IMHO...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Clowney has bust written all over him. Just feel like he is so full of himself that he thinks he can just walk into the NFL and dominate. When he realizes quickly that he actually has to work hard he doesn't have it in him to do so.

Just one guys opinion but buyers beware on this kid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can walk right in the NFL and dominate. (I also think your av is the worst color analyst in all of sports.)

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can walk right in the NFL and dominate. (I also think your av is the worst color analyst in all of sports.)

That was done exclusively for you based on early posts in this thread.

Clowney = high risk prospect; he will be boom or bust

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which posts? I hadn't written much in regards to Clowney. I don't view him as the same level of risk as Fairley. And I remember having Nerf as my third/sleeper pick in hopes that other teams shy'd away. (Probably the only pick of ours that I've had in my top three, other than Suh, in the last six years.). His stock plummeted in the last days before the draft, I'd love to see the same thing happen with Clowney.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be hard to pass on Clowney. But if they could get another top ten pick and a second rounder for the Skins pick itd be a great move. (They might even be able to squeek another low round pick in there also. I don't think the pick would be as Valueable if Clowney were taken by the Texans, but you never know.)

I saw 2 different sights have a mock of Tampa trading up to #2 for Clowney. For Rams not a bad move. Only drop to 7 and still get 2 top 15 picks.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tampa still have their first rounder? I forget what they gave for Revis Island. (I've read that Peppers may get cut, wonder if he and Lovie could reconnect?). That seems like a good idea for the Rams to me