• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft what position?

What position do you want drafted?

• WR

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Safety

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • CB

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • OLB/ILB

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • OL

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a lot of needs to fill. There are currently 35 signed players to which account for 121 mil of the cap (total cap for 2014 expected to be 126 mil), not to mention an additional 1.5 mil in dead money cap hit for J. Best and a few others no longer on the roster. If you cut C. Houston that creates an instant 6.4 mil (2.5 mil base and 3.9 mil in bonus). As much as he sucked this past year, you need him on the roster versus loss of money and player. Next year he'll only cost 2.6 mil to cut.

Meow, is that you in drag?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been since the Stafford draft that so many will be pissed at the first pick. Second round and on, that is different story.

Why? I havent had a problem with the first pick in quite some time. Second rd and on though, thats a different story.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the year the Lions should let Millen make the first pick. Good chance he would take a WR.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard first......draft is so deep at WR.....take one in the 2nd even tho we usually draft a bad WR in that round usually...CB,WR,LB,CB,S,LB,........first 6 picks

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team in the Saints/Seahawks game has had the ball once and watching that I've concluded that unless he will play at a real bargain price it's time to move on from Delmas. Between his injury history, mediocre coverage skills, too many penalties, and most importantly his terrible tackling technique I think we can do better.

Each of the Saints and Seahawks have seen their safeties make excellent open field tackles that prevented first downs. Delmas flies in like a missile instead of under control and either outright whiffs or the ball carrier bounces off and still gets the first down.

A lot of quality options will be available in rds 2-4. That's where we find our guy.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each team in the Saints/Seahawks game has had the ball once and watching that I've concluded that unless he will play at a real bargain price it's time to move on from Delmas. Between his injury history, mediocre coverage skills, too many penalties, and most importantly his terrible tackling technique I think we can do better.

Each of the Saints and Seahawks have seen their safeties make excellent open field tackles that prevented first downs. Delmas flies in like a missile instead of under control and either outright whiffs or the ball carrier bounces off and still gets the first down.

A lot of quality options will be available in rds 2-4. That's where we find our guy.

Seattle really doesn't have all that good of a Rush Defense, the reason it looks good is because they can stack the box and trust there CBs not to get burned......

Detroit doesn't have that luxury because the CBs suck dick therefore rushing 4 every down becomes predictable.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

______________________________________________________________________________________
Cut Delmas' ass.. Max he would cost is 500k signing bonus and 500k roster, if he's even on the roster at the beginning of the new league year (march 14th) or a june 1st cut after the draft.

Agreed that there are a "few good" safeties to draft in 2014.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle really doesn't have all that good of a Rush Defense, the reason it looks good is because they can stack the box and trust there CBs not to get burned......

Detroit doesn't have that luxury because the CBs suck dick therefore rushing 4 every down becomes predictable.

Muzz, I have absolutely no idea what that response has to do with what I posted.

I was talking about how the safeties on the Saints and Seahawks tackle properly and why we shouldn't retain Delmas unless it's simply a great contract because he doesn't really do anything well. As a result we need to draft his replacement.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz, I have absolutely no idea what that response has to do with what I posted.

I was talking about how the safeties on the Saints and Seahawks tackle properly and why we shouldn't retain Delmas unless it's simply a great contract because he doesn't really do anything well. As a result we need to draft his replacement.

Oh, in that case I would say it's scheme, Delmas is usually left out to dry and forced to shoot in like a missel because there isn't anyone else that can tackle or cover either. It's a CB/DB issue. Not enough talent or coaching in the back 4.

Browner the #2 CB for Seattle is out and in steps Maxwell, They don't miss a beat..(scheme).....Detroit lacks talent in the CB/DB department...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, in that case I would say it's scheme, Delmas is usually left out to dry and forced to shoot in like a missel because there isn't anyone else that can tackle or cover either. It's a CB/DB issue. Not enough talent or coaching in the back 4.

Browner the #2 CB for Seattle is out and in steps Maxwell, They don't miss a beat..(scheme).....Detroit lacks talent in the CB/DB department...

No it is not scheme. Delmas playing for Seattle would still miss tackles. Don't care what team you play for. Fundementals are fundemnetals!!