• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, if owner Jerry Jones "gets his wish," the Cowboys could select Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick.

Per Cole, Jones is looking to recreate the "Triplets" team of the 1990s with Elliott playing the Emmitt Smith role. Of course, Jones has been overruled in the draft process on plenty of occasions (Johnny Manziel was a recent example) and most feel that Elliott will probably fall somewhere in the 8-14 range. Cole said Elliott won't get past the Dolphins at 13th overall.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think that Ramsey at #4 and Ogbah at #34 would be an outstanding draft
I'd be good with that. A bunch of DL should be there at 34. pass Rush is easily our biggest need IMO, but you can't force it at #4. Plus it's not like secondary isn't a need too. So DB then DL would be fine with me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with that. A bunch of DL should be there at 34. pass Rush is easily our biggest need IMO, but you can't force it at #4. Plus it's not like secondary isn't a need too. So DB then DL would be fine with me.
DL is deep this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, if owner Jerry Jones "gets his wish," the Cowboys could select Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott with the fourth overall pick.

Per Cole, Jones is looking to recreate the "Triplets" team of the 1990s with Elliott playing the Emmitt Smith role. Of course, Jones has been overruled in the draft process on plenty of occasions (Johnny Manziel was a recent example) and most feel that Elliott will probably fall somewhere in the 8-14 range. Cole said Elliott won't get past the Dolphins at 13th overall.
Just don't see it. Not that Morris is a great player or anything, but why bring him in if you are going RB at 4 when you already have McFadden and Dunbar? It's not like we were worried Elliott was going top 3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL is deep this year.
I think a bunch go between the 2nd half of the first round and the first half of the second round. Think the pass rusher types will go earlier than the mocks are predicting.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a bunch go between the 2nd half of the first round and the first half of the second round. Think the pass rusher types will go earlier than the mocks are predicting.
I can see that happening, I think Spence goes in the first, if he's there at 34 I rather have him there vs. Bosa at 4.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that happening, I think Spence goes in the first, if he's there at 34 I rather have him there vs. Bosa at 4.

No more guys with drug problems, please. If we drafted Spence we could be looking at a situation in 2017 where our best 3 DE could possibly be suspended for drug violations. I know that is a big "what if", but with Gregory, Lawrence, and Spence that would certainly be well within the realm of possibility.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more guys with drug problems, please. If we drafted Spence we could be looking at a situation in 2017 where our best 3 DE could possibly be suspended for drug violations. I know that is a big "what if", but with Gregory, Lawrence, and Spence that would certainly be well within the realm of possibility.
That is a very strong point for every team to consider and quite frankly the only reason we are discussing Spence at 34 instead of 4. His case does seem a little different as you have someone talking openly about what he did and taking ownership of it. That usually happens after someone turns a corner in their life. This kid seems to already be where you want your guys with similar issues to get to. Seems he matured and moved beyond it...but who knows and thus he is dropping.

I think If this kid never left OSU he is a top 5 pick. He was also the best player at the Senior Bowl practices - even better than Wentz who moved himself to the top 2. I totally see anyone who doesn't want any part of him, but I'm running to the podium if he is there at #34. This kid is going to be very good IMO. My gut says he is gone before pick 20 so probably a moot point. Look at it this way. If you take 2 or 3 guys like him and Gregory the odds are one pays off, right? So you are trading 2 or 3 second round picks for a top 5 pick. Draft chart says that's a good move...Obviously that isn't the way to look at it, but this kid fits our needs perfectly and will also be the best player on the IF he is there.

Inside banned ex-Buckeye Noah Spence's battle back from drug addiction

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very strong point for every team to consider and quite frankly the only reason we are discussing Spence at 34 instead of 4. His case does seem a little different as you have someone talking openly about what he did and taking ownership of it. That usually happens after someone turns a corner in their life. I think If this kid never left OSU he is a top 5 pick. He was also the best player at the Senior Bowl practices - even better than Wentz who moved himself to the top 2. I totally see anyone who doesn't want any part of him, but I'm running to the podium if he is there at #34. This kid is going to be very good IMO. My gut says he is gone before pick 20 so probably a moot point. Look at it this way. If you take 2 or 3 guys like him and Gregory the odds are one pays off, right? So you are trading 2 or 3 second round picks for a top 5 pick. Draft chart says that's a good move...Obviously that isn't the way to look at it, but this kid fits our needs perfectly and will also be the best player on the IF he is there.

Inside banned ex-Buckeye Noah Spence's battle back from drug addiction

I'm all for guys getting second chances after drug issues, I know that people can change and should be given the opportunity to do so - it's a subject that is very near and dear to me. But obviously there are a large number of people who don't/won't/can't change. If the recovery is sincere that is fantastic for the kid and I wish him the best - somewhere else. We heard Randy Gregory speak very humbly about his issues, and he said all the right things just last year. We see how that turned out. I just don't think it's a risk Dallas can take right now with the current roster composition. We have too many guys at risk for significant suspension for any further violation. The organization needs to subtract from that group of players, not add to the collection.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't want Bosa or Elliott either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for guys getting second chances after drug issues, I know that people can change and should be given the opportunity to do so - it's a subject that is very near and dear to me. But obviously there are a large number of people who don't/won't/can't change. If the recovery is sincere that is fantastic for the kid and I wish him the best - somewhere else. We heard Randy Gregory speak very humbly about his issues, and he said all the right things just last year. We see how that turned out. I just don't think it's a risk Dallas can take right now with the current roster composition. We have too many guys at risk for significant suspension for any further violation. The organization needs to subtract from that group of players, not add to the collection.
Gregory is a special case because he is also manic depressive. That kind of changes everything. There will always be issues there that he will struggle to keep control over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not particularly. Ramsey, Hargreaves, or Buckner.

There are warts with everyone. No one is perfect, but like I said I agree there is a lot more risk with Spence than most and that is why he is going to drop. I bet the interviews with him will decide how far. Gregory's interviews were pretty bad from what we heard.

Florida State's Jalen Ramsey kicked out of practice

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. RAmsey. 2. Spence. 3. Dixon.

That's my hopes

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin??? Your agenda panties are showing again
no jarnett....agenda is my word for you and it's showing daily lately.

Funny part? It started with our opinions of Waddle in Dallas, and you've been bat shit ever since

Boy....that Ramsey is a bad boy....LOL AT YOU

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER said Ramsey was bad. Your reading comp remains horrible, absolutely horrible.

Unlike you I have no agenda. My only hope for this team all along was they pick the best player they have on their board each. I don't care who that is. You've got your little draft hope chart laid out and full bore ahead with your tunnel vision on it. Me, I'd absolutely love it if we picked Ramsey and a few other guys too...