• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff/Wentz, Zeke Elliott, Treadwell, Bosa , Jack, Ramsey, Heargraves . Is there any other possibility right now.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM talking about 1st round

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys love Wentz. Wouldn't surprise me at all t o see him in the 1st round

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff/Wentz, Zeke Elliott, Treadwell, Bosa , Jack, Ramsey, Heargraves . Is there any other possibility right now.
I'd be shocked if there weren't at least a dozen guys they are looking at (assuming no trade down). Based on what they've said about the way it works in the past with this team, each scout has his group of guys he will be ranking. Then they'll look at everyone they have as a "first rounder" (usually about 15 or so guys) and whittle it down from there.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman: Romo wouldn't be happy if the Cowboys draft a QB

By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
January 27, 2016 10:20 am ET

romo-shoulder1.jpg
Who will back up Tony Romo next year? (USATSI)
Last week, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman speculated that the team could add a quarterback in the draft this year as Tony Romo's backup and eventual successor. He also speculated that if the team did so, Romo wouldn't be happy about it.
"I think Tony has said all the right things, but I don't think Tony would be real happy if they drafted a quarterback," Aikman said, per NBC5. "Brett Favre wasn't happy when [the Green Bay Packers] drafted Aaron Rodgers."
Romo responded to Aikman's comments exactly as you'd expect him to if you've listened to Romo say anything over the last decade or so.
"Well, I think me and Troy are a little different in some of the things we may think sometimes," Romo said, per the Dallas Morning News. "I think that that's just his opinion. For me, if you're good enough to play at the highest level and you think you can play at a certain level, you should never be worried about anything other than just helping your teammates.
"I understand that's part of the game -- people get threatened. But for me, I feel very strongly and confident in the things our team can do."
In the wake of those comments, Aikman had another new take on Dallas' quarterback situation next season. "I believe, as I sit here today, either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III will be in Dallas as the backup," Aikman said, via Sports Illustrated.
He's not the only person to think this, of course. Both players' reported interest in playing for Jerry Jones' team (and Jerry's not-at-all-thinly-veiled interest in them) has been so well-documented that our own Sean Wagner-McGough was inspired to simulate Maddenseasons with each of them as Dallas' QB.
Griffin is almost sure to be cut by Washington and hit free agency, and Manziel is expected to be cut loose by the Browns as well. It would not at all be shocking to see one or both of them wearing a star on the side of their helmet next season.
Considering Romo's injury history, the Cowboys definitely need someone more capable of leading the team than the Brandon Weeden/Matt Cassel/Kellen Moore trio they used this year. Do either of those guys measure up? Who knows. Griffin hasn't looked like a starter quality player since he was a rookie and Manziel hasn't since Texas A&M. But anything would be an improvement over last year.
Drafting a quarterback is the more interesting proposition. Dallas hasn't taken a quarterback in the first round since Aikman himself back in 1989, but they also haven't had a pick as high as their No. 4 selection this year in quite some time. This year's QB crop doesn't have the Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariota type at the top like last year's did, but if the team falls in love with a Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch, maybe Jerry Jones will pull the trigger and let that guy learn under Romo for the next year or two before transitioning into the starting role.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman had another new take on Dallas' quarterback situation next season. "I believe, as I sit here today, either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III will be in Dallas as the backup," Aikman said, via Sports Illustrated.
He's not the only person to think this, of course. Both players' reported interest in playing for Jerry Jones' team (and Jerry's not-at-all-thinly-veiled interest in them) has been so well-documented that our own Sean Wagner-McGough was inspired to simulate Maddenseasons with each of them as Dallas' QB.
Griffin is almost sure to be cut by Washington and hit free agency, and Manziel is expected to be cut loose by the Browns as well. It would not at all be shocking to see one or both of them wearing a star on the side of their helmet next season.

I expect either Manziel or RG to be a Cowboy next season, while I don't really want either I will be able to accept it, but not sure I could accept both.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get JF, I am out. Tired of circus. The media would be at valley ranch daily. I don't think he is an NFL qb anyway.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get JF, I am out. Tired of circus. The media would be at valley ranch daily. I don't think he is an NFL qb anyway.
I still think he is too frail for the NFL. Plus all the other crap. And I agree if JJ brings them both in it will prove that headlines and attention are the most important thing.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he is too frail for the NFL. Plus all the other crap. And I agree if JJ brings them both in it will prove that headlines and attention are the most important thing.
As a fan for 40 years, I am tired of that shit.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan for 40 years, I am tired of that shit.
I'm plus 40 years a fan so I remember the days of a solid leadership in place. But the NFL was different then too. Like so many other things it's about the spotlight and entertainment and me, me, me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman: Romo wouldn't be happy if the Cowboys draft a QB

By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
January 27, 2016 10:20 am ET
View attachment 82362
Who will back up Tony Romo next year? (USATSI)
Last week, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman speculated that the team could add a quarterback in the draft this year as Tony Romo's backup and eventual successor. He also speculated that if the team did so, Romo wouldn't be happy about it.
"I think Tony has said all the right things, but I don't think Tony would be real happy if they drafted a quarterback," Aikman said, per NBC5. "Brett Favre wasn't happy when [the Green Bay Packers] drafted Aaron Rodgers."
Romo responded to Aikman's comments exactly as you'd expect him to if you've listened to Romo say anything over the last decade or so.
"Well, I think me and Troy are a little different in some of the things we may think sometimes," Romo said, per the Dallas Morning News. "I think that that's just his opinion. For me, if you're good enough to play at the highest level and you think you can play at a certain level, you should never be worried about anything other than just helping your teammates.

"I understand that's part of the game -- people get threatened. But for me, I feel very strongly and confident in the things our team can do."
In the wake of those comments, Aikman had another new take on Dallas' quarterback situation next season. "I believe, as I sit here today, either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III will be in Dallas as the backup," Aikman said, via Sports Illustrated.

Considering Romo's injury history, the Cowboys definitely need someone more capable of leading the team than the Brandon Weeden/Matt Cassel/Kellen Moore trio they used this year. Do either of those guys measure up? Who knows. Griffin hasn't looked like a starter quality player since he was a rookie and Manziel hasn't since Texas A&M. But anything would be an improvement over last year.
Drafting a quarterback is the more interesting proposition. Dallas hasn't taken a quarterback in the first round since Aikman himself back in 1989, but they also haven't had a pick as high as their No. 4 selection this year in quite some time. This year's QB crop doesn't have the Jameis Winston/Marcus Mariota type at the top like last year's did, but if the team falls in love with a Jared Goff or Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch, maybe Jerry Jones will pull the trigger and let that guy learn under Romo for the next year or two before transitioning into the starting role.
"Farve wasn't happy when the Packers drafted Rodgers". I'm guessingthe Packers are happy they didn't go cornerback to keep Farve happy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan when they had Aikman and Staubach winning Super Bowls and when they rolled out Drew Henson and the Immortal Quincy Carter as well. If you quit on your team because of a move you don't agree with, you weren't really a fan in the first place

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually didn't mind Quincy. Now Hutchinson and Henson, that's different. I did think Q was taken way too high though. I have a lot of SEC bias. Ha

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan when they had Aikman and Staubach winning Super Bowls and when they rolled out Drew Henson and the Immortal Quincy Carter as well. If you quit on your team because of a move you don't agree with, you weren't really a fan in the first place
I agree....there have been so many reasons over the last 20 years to jump ship and none being bigger than all that is jerry jones.....but, this cowboy fan can't which is why I coined the phrase long ago.

jerry till death do us part

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. You've been a fan for so many years, if they bring in Johnny and you leave you can only loose. If he does well and win you'll be back, if he completely fails, he's gone in a year or two.
I'm 100% in good or bad I'm a Cowboy for life.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. You've been a fan for so many years, if they bring in Johnny and you leave you can only loose. If he does well and win you'll be back, if he completely fails, he's gone in a year or two.
I'm 100% in good or bad I'm a Cowboy for life.[/QUOTE

He is not good. I am sure of that. Tired of the TO, Hardy, circuses. I hate JF. He is a fools gold. Tebow part two, but Tebow is a likable and good person. Sometimes enough is enough. He would fail in Dallas I have no doubt about it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he's not good, I agree with you, and I don't want him in Dallas either. If he's a Cowboy I will support him and hope he succeeds same as I did with TO. Didn't want him as a Cowboy, but when he was here I wanted him to win.
I don't think Moore is a NFL QB, but if he's on the team I hope he proves me wrong.

I'll say this if a fan leaves because of a player, then comes back in a year or years later when the fan is now happy with the roster, many of the fans who stuck around won't forget.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he's not good, I agree with you, and I don't want him in Dallas either. If he's a Cowboy I will support him and hope he succeeds same as I did with TO. Didn't want him as a Cowboy, but when he was here I wanted him to win.
I don't think Moore is a NFL QB, but if he's on the team I hope he proves me wrong.

I'll say this if a fan leaves because of a player, then comes back in a year or years later when the fan is now happy with the roster, many of the fans who stuck around won't forget.
Band....wagon