• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a tweet by someone that Dr. James Andrews (who examined Jack in December) just made a comment to Jack that he doesn't need micro-fracture surgery. I don't know the whole message, just what was tweeted out. So maybe his knee isn't as bad as its been billed out to be. Or these teams just didn't want the risk in the first round but are all game here in the second. The teams with hoards of picks like Cleveland and Tennessee have the luxury of taking him without it hurting as much if things don't go well for him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A source with knowledge of the policy says that Jack will start to collect if he falls to the 45th pick in the draft and will get about $60,000 per pick after that. That means Jack will collect north of $1 million if he slips into the third round, but he would have to fall into the early sixth round to collect the entire policy. ... "

If I were Jack I'd be tweeting a pick of me walking like an 80 year old man coming off knee surgery...
At this point he's probably hoping to go the UDFA route.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Cowboys won't take LB Myles Jack at No. 34 | SportsDay

the good:
"Since we're third, we want to be a little cautious about where we show our interest here,'' owner Jerry Jones said late Thursday evening when asked specifically about Jack.

the :scratch:...so why trade up two spots then?

Jones did say that there are still several players on their board with first-round grades as they prepare for the second round.

"I like where we are,'' Jones said. "We've really got four or five ways to go that I'll be smiling from ear to ear.''
And a few weeks ago it was reported Dallas wouldn't take Elliott.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read a tweet by someone that Dr. James Andrews (who examined Jack in December) just made a comment to Jack that he doesn't need micro-fracture surgery. I don't know the whole message, just what was tweeted out. So maybe his knee isn't as bad as its been billed out to be. Or these teams just didn't want the risk in the first round but are all game here in the second. The teams with hoards of picks like Cleveland and Tennessee have the luxury of taking him without it hurting as much if things don't go well for him.
I read that too. I took it as in doesn't need it right now, not a prediction that he won't likely need it going forward and we already knew that.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that too. I took it as in doesn't need it right now, not a prediction that he won't likely need it going forward and we already knew that.
Right. It is interesting that he sent Jack a message about it though. Like if Jack or his agent was unsure about the reports and reached out. Kind of strange.