• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the pick will be Elliott. I think the Chargers take Ramsey. Elliott may be just too good to pass on. If Ramsey was not there, I would trade down, but I don't see it happening. Can't wait! Getting nervous.

Zeke doesn't move the needle for me, but I know I'm in the minority.

I don't think he is the best player that will be available and I don't think he is worth the #4 spot. I also don't think a rookie RB helps us next year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could move up to 30 or 31 for very little to get a QB, I'd be ok with that. The ONLY reason would be the 5ht year option that 1st rounders get. If we get a QB we know he will be sitting for at least one year. Maybe in year 2 he moves to 2nd string. We will need that 5th year to avoid a situation where he sits for 2 years, plays and deals with growing pains in year 3, then starts to put it together in year 4 and we have to look at paying a boatload of money to find out if year 4 was progression or luck.

Basically we don't want to deal with what Denver just dealt with, and drafting in the 1st could help.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke doesn't move the needle for me, but I know I'm in the minority.

I don't think he is the best player that will be available and I don't think he is worth the #4 spot. I also don't think a rookie RB helps us next year.
I agree with you. I don't want him at 4, but I think he is the pick.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I don't want him at 4, but I think he is the pick.

If JJ is pulling the trigger probably and if Ramsey is gone highly likely. I won't be too upset but I want Ramsey at 4, if he's there

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ramsey is there then he has to be the pick. ramsey and jones would give us two larger DB with great athletic ability. then I would be OK with adding Joseph in the 2nd. Joseph is another type we need on defense. a hard hitter that will punish anybody that gets in his way. this secondary IMO is the weakest part of the defense. I also think signing Thornton to replace hayden was the best move so far this offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ramsey is there then he has to be the pick. ramsey and jones would give us two larger DB with great athletic ability. then I would be OK with adding Joseph in the 2nd. Joseph is another type we need on defense. a hard hitter that will punish anybody that gets in his way. this secondary IMO is the weakest part of the defense. I also think signing Thornton to replace hayden was the best move so far this offseason
I think Joesph is a late 1. If we go Ramsey or Zeke, I think we go DL round 2

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - Ramsey (if gone - Elliott)
2 - QB or Kevin Dodd DE
3 - RB

I'm good with that as a start.

Can't wait. The one good thing about having a shitty season is the great pick you get. :yes:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I hear they are already saying he will need micro fracture surgery at some point, I wouldnt touch him but thats just me. You can get a healthy player than can contribute for years in round 2, although not near the talent Jack is, at least the player would be on the field/team for years more than likely
I'm not talking about internet doctors and pre-draft rumors. I'm talking about OUR doctors.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about internet doctors and pre-draft rumors. I'm talking about OUR doctors.

If we do happen to take him at 34, Im sure they checked him out and think he's got a good chance to be productive semi long term. I just cant imagine how he'd drop as much as he has, if there hasn't been doctors evaluate him and think there is reason for concern

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do happen to take him at 34, Im sure they checked him out and think he's got a good chance to be productive semi long term. I just cant imagine how he'd drop as much as he has, if there hasn't been doctors evaluate him and think there is reason for concern
Could be a little group panic too. Once you see other teams passing you start to think it's worse than it is? It's all up to the docs on this one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a little group panic too. Once you see other teams passing you start to think it's worse than it is? It's all up to the docs on this one.

God only knows, he may fully recover from the injury and play 8-9 full years in the NFL, its a gamble to a degree with all these guys anyway

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys trying to move up to top pick in NFL Draft's second round
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

April 29, 2016 12:51 pm ET

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones already openly admitted to trying to trade back up into the first round for former Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch on Thursday night, and now it appears the Cowboys are trying to move up in the draft yet again. According to a report from NFL Network, the Cowboys are working to leapfrog from No. 34 up to No. 32, the top pick in the second round, with their eye on a pass rusher.

The Cowboys have invested second rounders in pass rushers each of the last two seasons. They traded up with Washington to nab DeMarcus Lawrence in 2014, then saw Randy Gregory fall to them at the tail end of the second round in 2015. So, why are they again targeting a pass-rusher in the second round? Well, because Gregory has been suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, and rumor has it that Lawrence will be, too. So the Cowboys have pretty much nobody left to get after the quarterback, and they weren't all that good at doing it last year to begin with.

Jerry640.jpg
Is Jerry Jones ready to make a move up to the first pick of Round 2? (USATSI)

What might Jerry's squad have to surrender to move up two picks and get their man? The Jimmy Johnson draft value chart pegs the No. 32 pick as being worth 590 points while No. 34 is worth 560. To make up an extra 30 points, the Cowboys would have to include a fifth-round pick. Problem: the Cowboys don't actually have a fifth-round pick this year. They traded it during last year's draft. Their pick at the top of the fourth round (No. 101, 96 points) would make the trade a clear win for Cleveland, while their late sixth-rounder (No. 189, 16.8 points) would make it a slight value win for Dallas.

On the Approximate Value-based Chase Stuart chart at Football Perspective, though, that early sixth-round pick (No. 189, 1.2 points) comes much closer to equalling the difference in value between No. 32 (12.5) and No. 34 (12.1) picks. In fact, the Browns still come out on top in that swap. Considering all the Texans had to give Washington to move up one slot in the back end of the first round was a late sixth-rounder, this kind of deal seems to make more sense than one that sees the Cowboys give up their early fourth-round selection.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if he drops this far but I guess he stands to collect something if he does?

Report: Myles Jack to collect on insurance policy if he falls to 45th pick
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

April 29, 2016 10:14 am ET

Former UCLA linebacker Myles Jack might be the best player in the 2016 NFL Draft. The only problem is that teams are scared off by a knee injury that, by Jack's own admission, could require microfracture surgery in the future.

It was enough of a concern for Jack to go undrafted in the first round, and with the second round looming, it's unclear when he'll hear his name called. But according to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, both Jack and former Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith, who will miss the 2016 season after suffering a knee injury during a January Bowl game, could benefit from insurance policies they took out while still in college.

More from Rovell:

A source with knowledge of the policy says that Jack will start to collect if he falls to the 45th pick in the draft and will get about $60,000 per pick after that. That means Jack will collect north of $1 million if he slips into the third round, but he would have to fall into the early sixth round to collect the entire policy. ...

A source with knowledge of the policy said that Smith will receive a tax-free $700,000 if he becomes the top pick in the second round. If he is selected later than that, he'll collect an additional $100,000 for each spot he falls.
It's not ideal but it's better than nothing. Meanwhile, the day before the draft Jack conceded that he might need more surgery.

"(The degenerative problems are) there, but it's nothing extreme," Jack said. "Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery -- potentially. Who knows what will happen? Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average."

That development was enough to scare off teams thinking of using a top pick on Jack, and one that now has to be balanced by what teams see on film: A bona-fide game-changer.

So what is microfracture surgery? CBSSports.com's Jared Dubin wrote about it Thursday: "It's a surgery technique where the doctor drills tiny holes in the underlying bone in order to repair cartilage. It's well-known for dramatically altering the careers of NBA stars such as Penny Hardaway, Chris Webber, Tracy McGrady, and Amar'e Stoudemire. There's a study that shows patients eventually recover to 75 to 80 percent of their original health and strength in the knee. That's not disastrous, but it's obviously not ideal, either."

For now, all Jack and Smith can do is wait, but with the full understanding that, as Rovell notes, players selected in the first round will be guaranteed anywhere from $6 million to $26 million.

640Jack031516.jpg
All Myles Jack and do is wait for his name to be called. (USATSI)
http://bttrack.com/Click/Native?dat...AB7HfLoDnx3CN-GaSvSc0h9y47wNXvs80-Sa0v0_E06A2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys trying to move up to top pick in NFL Draft's second round
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer

April 29, 2016 12:51 pm ET

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones already openly admitted to trying to trade back up into the first round for former Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch on Thursday night, and now it appears the Cowboys are trying to move up in the draft yet again. According to a report from NFL Network, the Cowboys are working to leapfrog from No. 34 up to No. 32, the top pick in the second round, with their eye on a pass rusher.

The Cowboys have invested second rounders in pass rushers each of the last two seasons. They traded up with Washington to nab DeMarcus Lawrence in 2014, then saw Randy Gregory fall to them at the tail end of the second round in 2015. So, why are they again targeting a pass-rusher in the second round? Well, because Gregory has been suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy, and rumor has it that Lawrence will be, too. So the Cowboys have pretty much nobody left to get after the quarterback, and they weren't all that good at doing it last year to begin with.

View attachment 112637
Is Jerry Jones ready to make a move up to the first pick of Round 2? (USATSI)

What might Jerry's squad have to surrender to move up two picks and get their man? The Jimmy Johnson draft value chart pegs the No. 32 pick as being worth 590 points while No. 34 is worth 560. To make up an extra 30 points, the Cowboys would have to include a fifth-round pick. Problem: the Cowboys don't actually have a fifth-round pick this year. They traded it during last year's draft. Their pick at the top of the fourth round (No. 101, 96 points) would make the trade a clear win for Cleveland, while their late sixth-rounder (No. 189, 16.8 points) would make it a slight value win for Dallas.

On the Approximate Value-based Chase Stuart chart at Football Perspective, though, that early sixth-round pick (No. 189, 1.2 points) comes much closer to equalling the difference in value between No. 32 (12.5) and No. 34 (12.1) picks. In fact, the Browns still come out on top in that swap. Considering all the Texans had to give Washington to move up one slot in the back end of the first round was a late sixth-rounder, this kind of deal seems to make more sense than one that sees the Cowboys give up their early fourth-round selection.
This article assumes Dallas won't get bent over in a draft day trade and thus isn't worth the "virtual paper" it's written on

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A source with knowledge of the policy says that Jack will start to collect if he falls to the 45th pick in the draft and will get about $60,000 per pick after that. That means Jack will collect north of $1 million if he slips into the third round, but he would have to fall into the early sixth round to collect the entire policy. ... "

If I were Jack I'd be tweeting a pick of me walking like an 80 year old man coming off knee surgery...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Jack stuff on twitter:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Cowboys won't take LB Myles Jack at No. 34 | SportsDay

the good:
"Since we're third, we want to be a little cautious about where we show our interest here,'' owner Jerry Jones said late Thursday evening when asked specifically about Jack.

the :scratch:...so why trade up two spots then?

Jones did say that there are still several players on their board with first-round grades as they prepare for the second round.

"I like where we are,'' Jones said. "We've really got four or five ways to go that I'll be smiling from ear to ear.''

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Dodd in the 2nd
Su'a Cravens in the 3rd

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Cowboys won't take LB Myles Jack at No. 34 | SportsDay

the good:
"Since we're third, we want to be a little cautious about where we show our interest here,'' owner Jerry Jones said late Thursday evening when asked specifically about Jack.

the :scratch:...so why trade up two spots then?

Jones did say that there are still several players on their board with first-round grades as they prepare for the second round.

"I like where we are,'' Jones said. "We've really got four or five ways to go that I'll be smiling from ear to ear.''
Really don't like to move up, then take a guy that you're rolling the dice on in Jack or Spence. Jerrah may be outbidding himself for both of those two. If they go 1,2 then so be it and take Dodd, Billings or Ogbah. I just hate the feeling I have that this is going to be a splash move and Cowboys fans everywhere are going to slap their forehead in unison.