• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Hill being right on anything.....ever really?

Cowboys

• Clarence Hill mentions that with veteran CB Brandon Carr taking a pay cut to stay in Dallas, the Cowboys will be hard pressed to take FSU DB Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 overall with Orlando Scandrick and Morris Claiborne also making decent money.
  • However, Matt Miller continues to hear that the Cowboys are “locked in” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey.
  • If he isn’t available to them at No. 4 overall, Miller was told Ezekiel Elliott is “100 percent in play”.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm SD, and I want an OT, I trade down to a team looking for Ramsey. They know 3 would then be Ramsey, no way Dallas goes OT at 4, so they could drop to 7 and be guaranteed one of the 3 blue chip tackles, and likely as low as 9 and be good. Why would you not, free picks....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm SD, and I want an OT, I trade down to a team looking for Ramsey. They know 3 would then be Ramsey, no way Dallas goes OT at 4, so they could drop to 7 and be guaranteed one of the 3 blue chip tackles, and likely as low as 9 and be good. Why would you not, free picks....
hard to argue but 2 or 3 years from now it will be all about the player and his impact...not all are created equal as they seem today....pure crap shoot but hunches have to come in play. BOY...if that ain't onward through the fog, nothing is

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to argue but 2 or 3 years from now it will be all about the player and his impact...not all are created equal as they seem today....pure crap shoot but hunches have to come in play. BOY...if that ain't onward through the fog, nothing is
I agree with you, if you think one guy is Anthony Munoz, you stay put, but to me, if the grades are close. I would trade back. An extra 2nd or 3rd could mean an extra young starter

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Eagles have everybody fooled and have jumped the Cowboys to take Elliot. That would shake this draft up. Assuming they think we want Elliot.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Eagles have everybody fooled and have jumped the Cowboys to take Elliot. That would shake this draft up. Assuming they think we want Elliot.
Then they outsmarted themselves no way you give up that much for a RB unless you are convinced he is the second coming of Emmitt, Walter and Jim Brown combined with a dash of Barry

And even then they better give you a drug test because your on something and its not
Coca Cola

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys to have choice on Jalen Ramsey or Ezekiel Elliott?

Article is interesting, because there is a general feel around the Chargers organization that they won't be taking Tunsil, instead opting for ND's Ronnie Stanley.
I said early on I would target Stanley instead of Tunsil. Not because I think Stanley is better, but because I think they are close and think the price to target Tunsil was a lot higher. But this is interesting. I can't quite say I would take Stanley first, but I do think it is possible a team does. IMO when push comes to shove Tunsil still goes before Stanley though. Just more a pure LT fit and safer bet to be good IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the MSU kid is anywhere near as good as the other two. But T 7 you get a great player if you miss both OTs and also 2 QBs go. Only 2 other guys can go. So still looking at a sweet pick

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys

• Clarence Hill mentions that with veteran CB Brandon Carr taking a pay cut to stay in Dallas, the Cowboys will be hard pressed to take FSU DB Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 overall with Orlando Scandrick and Morris Claiborne also making decent money.
  • However, Matt Miller continues to hear that the Cowboys are “locked in” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey.
  • If he isn’t available to them at No. 4 overall, Miller was told Ezekiel Elliott is “100 percent in play”.
It is absolutely mind boggling how some people trick others into paying them to talk/write about sports. So a guy forced to take a pay cut in the last year of his bust contract and a horrible draft mistake are going to keep us from taking Ramsey??? We may certainly pass on Ramsey obviously, but that is about the dumbest reason put forth to do so I've heard...if we think a guy is the best player in the entire draft (and we likely have a shot at whomever we would think is) there is not a shot in hell we pass on him for those guys in what could be the end of their time here. Even if one is dumb enough to think that you would hope they know Safety is also an option for Ramsey.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Draft: Signs point to Jalen Ramsey for the Cowboys
By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

April 26, 2016 7:27 pm ET

“Great football player.”

“Leaps off the tape.”

“Impact player at the highest level.”

These aren't quotes from a random scouting report -- these are quotes directly from Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett on Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey.

Normally, pre-draft press conferences by head coaches and general managers are filled with generic coach speak and broad generalities. But in the case of the Cowboys and Ramsey, the affection is real, and he is the likely selection at No. 4 for Dallas if he's still on the board.

“He's been a guy that has played both safety and corner and seems to me he plays them equally well,” Garrett said about Ramsey. “He's an impact guy and covers man-to-man, he covers zone. He can rush. He is just one of those guys who jumps off the tape at you and positively impacts what they're trying to get accomplished on defense.”

The reason why all signs point to Jalen Ramsey for the Cowboys is much more than a few quotes. Members of Dallas' coaching staff and front office visited and worked out Ramsey, both at Valley Ranch and during a private workout in Tallahassee. The team came away “extremely impressed” on both occasions, according to a source.

The Cowboys view Ramsey as a player who can stay outside at corner, but he also offers position flexibility to play safety and fill different roles whether in nickel or dime coverage. With Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr both free agents after the 2016 season, Ramsey will also fill a need for Dallas at a premium position in the near future.

The Cowboys are in a unique position at the fourth-overall selection because they only need two names on their first round draft board, assuming they stay put at that pick. After quarterbacks go first and second to the Rams and Eagles, the Chargers are the first wild card at No. 3 overall, with DeForest Buckner, Laremy Tunsil and Ramsey as the three main candidates at that pick.

So if Dallas only needs a two-man first round board, who is the other name besides Ramsey? Joey Bosa? Buckner? No -- it's Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott.

If Ramsey is drafted No. 3 or if certain voices in the Cowboys war room make a push, pencil in Elliott as the Dallas selection at No. 4 overall. Elliott not only upgrades the run game, but he helps Tony Romo and the passing game and also helps the defense. It isn't an exaggeration to think Elliott could rush for 1,500 rushing yards as a rookie behind that dominant Cowboys' offensive line.

All signs point to Ramsey in Dallas, but Elliott isn't out of the conversation.

640Ramsey042616.jpg
Is Jalen Ramsey heading to Dallas? (USATSI)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely mind boggling how some people trick others into paying them to talk/write about sports. So a guy forced to take a pay cut in the last year of his bust contract and a horrible draft mistake are going to keep us from taking Ramsey??? We may certainly pass on Ramsey obviously, but that is about the dumbest reason put forth to do so I've heard...if we think a guy is the best player in the entire draft (and we likely have a shot at whomever we would think is) there is not a shot in hell we pass on him for those guys in what could be the end of their time here. Even if one is dumb enough to think that you would hope they know Safety is also an option for Ramsey.
Agree. That was one of the dumbest reasons for not taking Ramsey you could make up. Carr in his last year. He and claiburn are below average corners and you cant possibly bank on them for your future. Hill must have to sneak up on his pay checks.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing Clarence hill ever got right was waking up in the morning he is a terrible beat writer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Chargers have decent money in their Tackles, but not a ton. Both are in the beginning stages of 4 year contracts at about $6M per. They wouldn't likely cut either this year. After this year Barksdale still has $6M in dead money and Dunlap has half that. So the Chargers may not see OT as the best place to go unless one of these guys can kick inside. But neither is good enough or highly paid enough to stop them from taking OT if they think it's clearly the best player. Secondary however is a big need for SD. So let's see what they do.

At this point I'd almost rather they trade out of the pick to someone that wants Tunsil and leave us our choice of whichever defensive player we want. If the rumor they like Stanley better is true then moving back a couple of spots would work well for them because you will get one of them at say 6. But, don't want them to trade with Jax because they won't likely take OT. From memory, Ozzie doesn't usually trade up and more let's the draft come to him, but I'm going to predict Balt trading up to #3 for Tunsil. Part because I think it makes sense for both teams (unless SD loves Ramsey) and part because it helps Dallas!!!

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys

I don't agree with hill. any position can be upgraded if possible. and it would not take much to upgrade the secondary on this team

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually see his point. Now if he is the best player and their guy then yes. That's why I listed all the DBs the other day. I just don't think Church, WIlcox, Heath will all be considered special teams aces. Maybe they cut 1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually see his point. Now if he is the best player and their guy then yes. That's why I listed all the DBs the other day. I just don't think Church, WIlcox, Heath will all be considered special teams aces. Maybe they cut 1.
Three quarters of our secondary is "cuttable". If Ramsey is our guy, players like Carr, Claiborne, Church, Wilcox and Heath aren't going to impact our decision to take him. We are talking about the #4 pick in the entire draft. A spot where we hope to get a future HOF type player. None of those sub-par NFL players are going to come into play and "need" won't likely even come into play. Especially for a guy that can play any of the 5 spots (including slot corner).

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point do you see that hill made???

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point do you see that hill made???

Honestly didn't read anything but the first few lines. I thought the CArr signing/ cutting would come after the draft. If RAmsey goes to SD, CArr would have more leverage. Who knows what our secondary will look like. I know Scandrick will be one CB. I'm expecting Jones to be in one of the other 3 spots. Same with RAmsey if we get him. That leaves 1 spot starting- Claiborne, CArr, Mitchell, Heath, Church, WIlcox. I would lean towards Church for tackling purposes. If all that turns out right- how much does a 4rth CB see the field. Corey White was our 4rth CB last yr. He rarely played and was eventually cut. If all that works out- CArr / Claiborne will likely be the 4rth CB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly didn't read anything but the first few lines. I thought the CArr signing/ cutting would come after the draft. If RAmsey goes to SD, CArr would have more leverage. Who knows what our secondary will look like. I know Scandrick will be one CB. I'm expecting Jones to be in one of the other 3 spots. Same with RAmsey if we get him. That leaves 1 spot starting- Claiborne, CArr, Mitchell, Heath, Church, WIlcox. I would lean towards Church for tackling purposes. If all that turns out right- how much does a 4rth CB see the field. Corey White was our 4rth CB last yr. He rarely played and was eventually cut. If all that works out- CArr / Claiborne will likely be the 4rth CB
Let me try it this way...If you don't think Ramsey is better than Carr or Church and will thus be our "4th CB" you should not be drafting him.

Many here think Ramsey is the greatest prospect known to mankind. Let's assume the truth is somewhere in the middle like it normally is. If the team thinks Ramsey is the best player on the board at #4 there is also a good chance they think he is the best player in this entire draft. Picture yourself in the future. How would it sound a few years from now if Ramsey turns out to be a player for this team to say they passed on him because they decided to cut Carr's contract and keep him for one more year rather than cut him entirely?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all that turns out right- how much does a 4rth CB see the field. Corey White was our 4rth CB last yr. He rarely played and was eventually cut. If all that works out- CArr / Claiborne will likely be the 4rth CB
:sorry:Missed this part. But my point still stands. You don't pass on a player you think may be a superstar for guys you are at least considering cutting and who are average at best and you don't consider a player at #4 that you don't think can be a star. So those guys being on the team won't impact our decision to take or not take Ramsey.

I am not saying we will or should take Ramsey just that if he is our best guy on the board we should and likely will.