• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What intrigues me most about Elliot is his ability to pass protect. He really seems to be a do it all kind of guy. If we drafted him it would obviously create a numbers issue for us at RB. There would be no need for all of the other 3 (Dunbar is easy to cut or put on IR with knee). If we thought we wanted Elliot we knew all along we could have gotten him so why bring in Alfred Morris? It just doesn't make any sense to me that this team is planning on taking him, at least at #4. While I think he is going to be a very good RB, I think those of you that want Elliot on the Cowboys are going to be disappointed.
That is my point as well. Why bring in Morris???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you Dixon would be a great choice for a RB that will also play special teams. Dixon is a player.

another player if there after round 2 is Arizona LB, Scooby Wright....flat out baller

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they key for Dallas won't be that #4 pick....that guy plays but that round 2 and round 3 selection along with finding one gem on day 3 is huge. Talent upgrades needed in players 20 to player 53 if this thing gets back to a 2014 playoff worthy team. We gotta cash in picking at the top of each round

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another good read. It's more a "Pros" on each guy so not the greatest scouting report, but isn't the draft all about the optimism of what could be once you hear the guys name? Love that if you put the QBs at the top and then pretend the ranking is also draft spot it gives us Ramsey and Spence. Wow...

NFL Draft Big Board: Beware red flag talk during misinformation season

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the guy going 30th by that board. Watched him some in college. The problem is every mock I see he is usually between 26-30. Many players move around a lot on boards. This guys stays right there.

Cb- Alexander from Clemson

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36. Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson, 6-5, 277, 4.86, Redshirt Junior: Like his former teammate Lawson, Dodd is a one-year starter who elected to make the early leap to the NFL after a breakout 2015 campaign. He seemingly improved with each game, culminating with an outstanding performance against Alabama in the national championship, collecting seven tackles (five for loss), including three sacks. Dodd boasts ideal length (34-inch arms), is agile and locates the ball quickly.

and the best part is he plays full out every snap.
Got a feeling the DC likes this guy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the guy going 30th by that board. Watched him some in college. The problem is every mock I see he is usually between 26-30. Many players move around a lot on boards. This guys stays right there.

Cb- Alexander from Clemson
Who knows how the real draft will go. My guess is he will last just long enough to raise your hopes and then get taken at like 32 or so...always seems to happen that way when you have a guy you like a lot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll try, but when push comes to shove we just can't do it. Love me some boom or bust character question marks and injury prone guys that will make me look smarter than everyone else, so tell Stephen to go screw himself. - signed Jerry

Stephen Jones: We’ll “try to be better” about drafting “right character” players
Posted by Josh Alper on April 22, 2016, 3:10 PM EDT
zz1knzm4ntu3zmezmjm4y2y3otvjnmjimwvlowu3mjlhza-e1461352224790.jpeAP
Word broke this week that Cowboys defensive end Demarcus Lawrence is facing a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

Lawrence is appealing the suspension, but if it stands he will join fellow defensive end Randy Gregory on the suspended list for the start of the regular season. That’s obviously a problem for a Cowboys team that was already looking for pass rush help and executive vice president Stephen Jones said Friday that the team wants to “be better” about drafting players who stay on the field while addressing the suspensions generally.

“That’s a hard thing for people to get their hands around, it’s just hard to know when someone’s going to make the wrong turn or hit the wrong bump in terms of doing it once they get at our level,” Jones said on “G-Bag Nation” on 105.3 The Fan, via theDallas Morning News. “It’s obviously so important to us in drafting guys with the right character but sometimes things happen that are unforeseen. Right now, I totally get that it may not look like it in terms of the mishaps we’ve had here, but it’s certainly very important to us and something we’ll continue to evaluate and try to be better.”

The Cowboys weren’t as concerned with that aspect of a player’s background when they signed Greg Hardy last year, although their experience with the defensive end should have underscored the need to find players who make most of their headlines on the field rather than off of it.

As for the need at defensive end, Jones said that Joey Bosa of Ohio State will get “strong consideration” from the team heading into Thursday’s first round. He also called Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey a “great football player” and the Cowboys could be choosing between that pair with the fourth overall pick.

Stephen Jones: We’ll “try to be better” about drafting “right character” players

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade chances:
So we know it likely goes QB, QB. I assume it goes Tunsil next and gives us the best defender on our board (whomever that is). If some team right near us loves a particular player maybe we trade with them, but I hope we take the best defender on our board if he is available.

Where it gets interesting is if SD passes on Tunsil and takes "our guy". Pretty good chance a team is willing to give up a decent haul to us to get Tunsil (or maybe they assume we won't take him?). So if our guy is already off the board and the offer comes in, I think a trade is much more likely.
Another trade possibility. We heard Tenn wanted Tunsil or maybe Ramsey. One of them will be there at 4. I wonder if they would want to knock us over with an offer if their guy is there at 4. Of course the deal starts with their 1st and the first pick of the second round and then it's up to them to sweeten it. Would come down to what we really think about our options at 4. Some here seemed to think its all settled, but who knows if the team really likes any of the players some of the fans do. Every year fans (and you see it here) fall in love with guys and act like there is only one possibility, but it doesn't always match up with what the team wants and actually usually doesnt.

But of course like I always say, if you have a guy you love you don't screw around with a trade...you just take him at 4

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if I'm Tennessee and assuming they liked Tunsil better since he seems to be the better prospect than Ramsey and also plays the more important spot for them I wonder if a better target is actually Staley. I think he is almost as good a prospect and looks like he will cost them less. They could wait for Tunsil to go off the board and then get on the phone and still get themselves a good LT prospect. It's possible Tunsil goes As late as Baltimore and then almost every team after that looks like they could possibly go Tackle if they like Staley.

Either way we are in a great spot. Either we take Tunsil, Bosa, Ramsey or whomever we love or we will likely have a lot of teams calling us to move up for a guy they want. Best scenario is of course if our guy is a defender and drops to us and we take him and never look back

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no draft expert at all don't claim to be. I wanted Wentz before he got all the hype and skyrocketed up the draft boards because I watched him at NDSU for 3 years and thought he would be a good fit to learn a year or 2 and take over for Tony. He wont be a option so ...... QB must be addressed later

Guys you could make a case for Bose Ramsey Elliot Tunsil Jack and be perfectly justified in each and every pick with the possible exception of Tunsil being a luxury pick because of the solid Offensive line ( who would have thought that 4 years ago) The defense needs help bad but the draft has to fall right or you pick for need vs the best talent available at your pick.

You cant address it all this year but you cant miss on the top 3 picks we have and need to find a diamond in the 4-6th round we have done better with UDFA's than with our actual picks in those rounds.

I think Scandrick was the last gem from the draft late and that was a long time ago

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no draft expert at all don't claim to be. I wanted Wentz before he got all the hype and skyrocketed up the draft boards because I watched him at NDSU for 3 years and thought he would be a good fit to learn a year or 2 and take over for Tony. He wont be a option so ...... QB must be addressed later

Guys you could make a case for Bose Ramsey Elliot Tunsil Jack and be perfectly justified in each and every pick with the possible exception of Tunsil being a luxury pick because of the solid Offensive line ( who would have thought that 4 years ago) The defense needs help bad but the draft has to fall right or you pick for need vs the best talent available at your pick.

You cant address it all this year but you cant miss on the top 3 picks we have and need to find a diamond in the 4-6th round we have done better with UDFA's than with our actual picks in those rounds.

I think Scandrick was the last gem from the draft late and that was a long time ago
Good post as always. Of course I'll say again if you go into this draft expecting 4 guys to contribute right away history says you will likely be disappointed.

Question for you since you loved Wentz before any of us knew much of him. If Dallas were in Phillys spot what would you have felt about us giving up all of those picks for him since you went on to say how we need to hit with 3 picks and hopefully a 4th and that trade makes that kind of impossible?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'll say again if you go into this draft expecting 4 guys to contribute right away history says you will likely be disappointed

gotta look through the Cowboy blue tinted glasses a little and hope :suds:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you since you loved Wentz before any of us knew much of him. If Dallas were in Phillys spot what would you have felt about us giving up all of those picks for him since you went on to say how we need to hit with 3 picks and hopefully a 4th and that trade makes that kind of impossible?
As much as I really love the guy and think he will have a great career in the NFL that is just to much to give up based on all the other needs on the team. Dallas or Philly.
Now if he was sitting there without all the picks given up I would take him in a heartbeat and sit him down to learn ( a QB Harvard Education behind Romo) thank you Jerry for another Jerry Jones Johnny Walker Blue hangover quote :L

Now sitting in Cleveland's spot that would be tough looking at all the picks you could get. Jackson will be remembered for passing on Wentz and sticking with RG3. He is supposed to be a QB guru but I think the missed on this one.

But I would not make that trade with Philly if Dallas was in Cleveland's spot because of being a division rival. No way you take the picks when you honestly believe that Wentz was the next franchise QB for your team. Philly went all in for Wentz I don't like the trade cost but they will get a very good QB in the long run.

5 years ago Jerry would have made that trade Stephen is holding court a little different and seems much more traditional about building the team than Jerry

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta look through the Cowboy blue tinted glasses a little and hope :suds:

lol...only for those concerned about what was actually posted.

the number is 3 strong contributors and a quality QB prospect from this draft.
That ain't tinted glasses, that's a fact that shouldn't be all that hard if you're worth your salt considering the slots each round this team is drafting. Part of hitting on Romo's "window" IS drafting players that play right away.

HUGE DRAFT coming up

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think that Ramsey at #4 and Ogbah at #34 would be an outstanding draft