• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two morons are one more positive test away from a year long suspension

David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

According to Moore, the Cowboys have not been notified of the impending suspension, which is an indication that Lawrence and his representatives of challenging the possible ban.

Even so, multiple sources have told Moore that indications are that Lawrence will miss the start of the 2016 season.

Lawrence, 23, is a former second-round pick of the Cowboys back in 2014. He’s in the third year of his four-year, $5,506,650 rookie contract and stands to make a base salary of $920,604 for the 2016 season.

In 2015, Lawrence appeared in all 16 games for the Cowboys and recorded 55 tackles, eight sacks, and a forced fumble. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 18 edge rusher out of 110 qualifying players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, and I think all that happened was we showed interest, and that was all it took to tip the scales. IMO it would be foolish for SF to make the move to 2, seeing how they are ahead of the team that needs to make a move. The 49ers could have been leery of us, but it was the team sitting in third place that felt the heat.
My point is I don't think Philly is dumb enough to mortgage their future on trading up because a drunken Jerry who says all kind of shit and then the complete opposite the next day opened his mouth. They absolutely may have wanted to make sure they got in front of Dallas (heck most here kicked around the idea of QB at least to some degree) but that is for the same reason any sane fan can see: We need a QB. It has nothing to do with how Jerry played this IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cowboys, I would let it leak that they are now looking at taking Lynch at #4. SF has been linked to Lynch at 7, and with the top two QB's going off the board, why not try and milk a 2nd or 3rd from the Niners for #4? What's the worst that could happen?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Sources have told Matt Miller of B/R there’s “no way” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey to make it past the Cowboys at No. 4 overall.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My early January draft wish list could be in play....

The Cowboys have been connected in rumors to many of the quarterbacks near the top of the draft -- Carson Wentz is rumored to be in the top three on their big board, the Cowboys' staff left meetings in Florida to go work out Paxton Lynch (a rumored trade-down target), and Jared Goff has been worked out multiple times. But it's possible the Cowboys are tipping their hand on their real QB target: Mississippi State's Dak Prescott.

The Cowboys almost exclusively draft players that they bring to Dallas, whether for private workouts or "Dallas Day," a gathering of prospects with local ties. Prescott showed well at the Senior Bowl, leading the South team to a victory over the Cowboys-coached North squad and taking home MVP honors.

The Cowboys met with Prescott for an hour in late January after get an up-close-and-personal view of that performance. They met with Prescott again at the NFL combine in February, then flew to Starkville to hold a private workout with him in late March as well, per NFL.com. Now, the Cowboys are flying Prescott to their facility for another pre-draft visit, and Prescott told College Football 24/7 that he doesn't expect to make any other visits beyond that prior to the draft.

"Coach Wilson (quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson) just [talked] about what they expect me to do if I come in there, if it's to be in the backup role behind Tony Romo, how do I plan on approaching it and then just talking ball," Prescott said about the combine meeting, per the Dallas Morning News. "They've been productive meetings. He told me their picks and told me that they're thinking about getting a quarterback with one of those picks. He was saying that if I work hard, things maybe could work out."

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think so?
I think there are 5 QB's that go B4 Dak.....least I'm counting on that
IMO....QB can't be taken in our first two picks
I'm not so sure where Dak falls in line. Rams and Eagles get their two. Then the most needy are SF, Jets, Denver and Cleveland. After those four I think you have to list us along with Bears, Bills, Zona...not sure who else.

All along I thought he'd go sometime after Lynch, but not much later. I guess you'd have to watch and see when Lynch goes off the board. I don't see Cook as being better either, so really, Dak could be my fourth unless I'm forgetting someone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't want Cook but I think he along with the penn state QB go ahead of Dak.
I'd be shocked to see 5 QB's gone after 2 rounds but the two trades changed the landscape some

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen enough of Cook (vs Nebraska) to have a feel for who he is. I don't think I've seen Hack play live since his freshman year. I'd rate Hack above Cook. I'd probably put Hack about even with Lynch. I'm not a big believer in Paxton. Maybe our staff has them all about even and don't have a particular favorite and are content with taking the third of that group. I don't know. I think Hack and Dak will be ready faster than Lynch, and I don't really want to wait a long time because you never know when Romo will get hit and broken again.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not and I like him.
If he's the QB of the future, and our scouts say he is. I'd pull the trigger. At least we would get our guy without giving away picks. Like PDay said, the QB landscape has changed a little now that two are gone at 1,2. There could absolutely be 4 taken in the first round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's the QB of the future, and our scouts say he is. I'd pull the trigger. At least we would get our guy without giving away picks. Like PDay said, the QB landscape has changed a little now that two are gone at 1,2. There could absolutely be 4 taken in the first round.
I'm not saying we shouldn't go QB in the first two rounds. I'm saying I hope we don't and still get one (Prescott or anyone else we want) because I want two studs with #4 and #34 and still a QB. As crazy as this sounds if we take one at #4 and the team (not Jerry, someone smart) comes out and says how highly rated they had the guy I would actually be OK with it after waking up from passing out and shitting my own pants. I said from the beginning I think we should take the best player on our board whomever that is...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because SD will take him at 3 lol
I still predict QB, QB, OT. Leaves us the top defender in the draft...not sure who we think that is though...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so sure about Dak but no way I would take him at 34 way 2 high IMHO
I still predict QB, QB, OT. Leaves us the top defender in the draft...not sure who we think that is though...
that could be Ramsey, Bosa , maybe even Elliot depending on Jerrys consumption of Johnny Walker Blue :nod: