• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rest of that mock had Robert Nkemdiche dropping out of the 1st round? If he is there in the 2nd when the Boys pick, do they take him?
I did in the SportsHoopla Mock lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also raped hammer in the trade.
I at least did better than the Rams lol. I didn't get any secondary help, but I personally think our DLine situation is more dire. I think Byron Jones becomes a star, we get back our best corner in Scandrick, Claiborne and Carr are in make or break years, Church, Wilcox and Heath are back....compare that to the DL losing Hardy and now Gregory for four games, and we need help up front

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Medical didn't go as well as Jack tried to portray:

Myles Jack - LB - Player
The Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota reports the Cowboys "don't appear to be interested" in UCLA LB Myles Jack (knee).

A top-five pick on talent, Jack reportedly got mixed reviews during his medical recheck this week, with CBS Sports' Dane Brugler reporting several teams had "long-term question marks." The owners of the No. 4 pick, the Cowboys have not even brought Jack in for a pre-draft visit. Once a lock for the top 10, it looks like Jack might be facing a draft-day fall.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles Jack - LB - Player
The Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota reports the Cowboys "don't appear to be interested" in UCLA LB Myles Jack (knee).

A top-five pick on talent, Jack reportedly got mixed reviews during his medical recheck this week, with CBS Sports' Dane Brugler reporting several teams had "long-term question marks." The owners of the No. 4 pick, the Cowboys have not even brought Jack in for a pre-draft visit. Once a lock for the top 10, it looks like Jack might be facing a draft-day fall.
Looks like my fears were legit.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myles Jack - LB - Player

Well I am glade this seems to be over. I did not want him due to possible long term knee problems.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am glade this seems to be over. I did not want him due to possible long term knee problems.

I just don't think you can gamble with an injury risk at our spot, Im glad they have other ideas in mind

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source tells Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News that UCLA LB Myles Jack’s knee is “a time bomb.

Bowen’s source added that Jack’s knee could allow him to play several good years, but the concern is that bone and cartilage are starting to break away.

According to Bowen’s source, Jack’s knee situation could be similar to former Saints and Jets Jonathan Vilma, how played around six-seven healthy years in the NFL.

Following last week’s medical recheck, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported that there were “differing opinions” regarding Jack’s knee. Some teams believe the healing in Jack’s knee wasn’t fast enough while others are okay with what they saw.

Meanwhile, Dane Brugler reported that Jack’s medical recheck did not go well for “several teams” who have “long-term question marks” regarding Jack. According to Brugler, “doctors don’t know if he’ll play 10 games or 10 years.”

In fact, former NFL physician David Chao doesn’t think any team will be willing to use a top-10 pick on Jack.

Jack is considered to be one of the top talents in this year’s draft class, so even if the concerns are overblown in term of his immediate future, questions will remain about the long-term health of his knee.

During his three years at UCLA, Jack recorded 178 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss, one sack, four interceptions, a forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and 19 pass defenses.

For what it’s worth, we have the Ravens taking Jack at No. 2 overall in our most recent 2016 NFL Mock Draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source tells Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News that UCLA LB Myles Jack’s knee is “a time bomb.

Bowen’s source added that Jack’s knee could allow him to play several good years, but the concern is that bone and cartilage are starting to break away.

According to Bowen’s source, Jack’s knee situation could be similar to former Saints and Jets Jonathan Vilma, how played around six-seven healthy years in the NFL.

Following last week’s medical recheck, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported that there were “differing opinions” regarding Jack’s knee. Some teams believe the healing in Jack’s knee wasn’t fast enough while others are okay with what they saw.

Meanwhile, Dane Brugler reported that Jack’s medical recheck did not go well for “several teams” who have “long-term question marks” regarding Jack. According to Brugler, “doctors don’t know if he’ll play 10 games or 10 years.”

In fact, former NFL physician David Chao doesn’t think any team will be willing to use a top-10 pick on Jack.

Jack is considered to be one of the top talents in this year’s draft class, so even if the concerns are overblown in term of his immediate future, questions will remain about the long-term health of his knee.

During his three years at UCLA, Jack recorded 178 tackles, 15 tackles for a loss, one sack, four interceptions, a forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and 19 pass defenses.

For what it’s worth, we have the Ravens taking Jack at No. 2 overall in our most recent 2016 NFL Mock Draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if some of the Myles Jack talk is to get him to drop. If the injury reports are blown out of proportion he would be an absolute steal outside of the top 10. Too much of a gamble at 4 but if you're say, New Orleans at 12, do you not pull the trigger?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if some of the Myles Jack talk is to get him to drop. If the injury reports are blown out of proportion he would be an absolute steal outside of the top 10. Too much of a gamble at 4 but if you're say, New Orleans at 12, do you not pull the trigger?

It's hard to know for sure without that first hand information. All we as fans can go by is what is reported along with our own beliefs and interpretations. What we can gleam from this is since there was not a consensus one way or the other, that its clear that the knee is not quite healed yet. BUT - if the knee was a total mess, you would get reports like we have gotten on Jaylon Smith - where everyone is in agreement.

I think the negativity is split into two parts: 1) negative press trying to drive down his value for a lower price tag in the draft. 2) investing in a player with a degenerative type of condition is scary, which this may be. However, some players in this league have been playing with the same type of issue. If you are higher in the draft, you have solid options and there is no need to roll dice. But there gets to a point where reward outweighs the possible risk.

I am of the belief that he will be fine, he's young, the meniscus tear was not career threatening and it will be some time before it will become a problem. But I am also of the opinion that his career will be shortened by it and may not last 10 years.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Leary has the same bone cartilage issue right ?

Just asking

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is no one knows what is true and what isn't when it comes to the draft. One guy makes a comment to the right person and it becomes "fact" in this world of instant information. For all we know Dallas decided on a guy none of us is expecting like Treadwell months ago and nothing you read about their thoughts or choices is accurate. People read an article that could be based on nothing but a guess or an assumption and all of a sudden they are assuming we have Ramsey as our #1 , or Wentz, or someone else. But it may just be bull shit....

but then again...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Leary has the same bone cartilage issue right ?

Just asking
Not sure. But, I think the big issue with Smith is the nerve damage. Plus, just because guys have the same injury doesn't mean the prognosis is the same. There are degrees to everything and when it comes to nerves they just never know what will happen.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know smith has the nerve damage but did not know that Jack did also. No matter what happens I wish both of them well where ever they happen to land and long and successful careers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know smith has the nerve damage but did not know that Jack did also. No matter what happens I wish both of them well where ever they happen to land and long and successful careers.
Was just reading up on Smith on main board and got the two conversations confused. Thought we were talking about him here, but clearly we were talking about Jack. My bad. :sorry:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Jaylon Smith. You get that close and then you get an injury like that. I hope he heals and can make it to the NFL some day.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Jaylon Smith. You get that close and then you get an injury like that. I hope he heals and can make it to the NFL some day.
Yeah. Not that talent should matter, but it just seems worse when the guy looks like he could have been a super star

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just not excited that church,heath and Wilcox are back. they suck. even when the cowboys get pressure that secondary got torched because they stink. give me ramsey at 4. If jack drops maybe worth a shot at 34

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can play the 3 I'd like this a lot. probably puts a couple pounds on in the next couple of years too

DeForest Buckner - DL - Player

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones admits pass rusher is one of the team's biggest needs heading into the draft.

"At the end of the day, our defensive front is still a position that we keep our eye on in terms of always trying to get better there," Jones said in a Tuesday radio interview. "Ultimately we want to find a dominant type of pass rusher. Obviously that’s easier said than done." The Cowboys had one in Greg Hardy last season, but he was allowed to walk over character concerns. Ohio State's Joey Bosa is arguably the draft's top pass rusher, but TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reported earlier this month that the Cowboys are "down" on him. Oregon's DeForest Buckner would be another option at No. 4 overall.
Related: Cowboys

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Apr 19 - 4:47 PM