• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Seriously Considering A QB At No. 4 Overall?
14 mins ago Cowboys, NFL Draft Rumors 0 Comments

According to Jason Cole of B/R, there is a “growing sense” within the Cowboys’ organization that they are seriously considering drafting a quarterback at No. 4 overall.

Cole’s sources have said that the Cowboys believe they won’t be drafting this high again any time soon, so taking someone like Carson Wentz or Jared Goff could secure them a long-term quarterback.

However, others within the Cowboys believe they should instead focus on other positions of need such as on the defensive side of the ball or even at running back.

A previous report said that Wentz is among the “top three” players on the Cowboys’ draft board, even though other reports have said that Dallas has yet to set their board.

Given where we are in the NFL calendar, it’s fair to be skeptical about reports of who teams are leanings towards taking in the upcoming draft. There’s typically a lot of misdirection in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Dallas could be trying to drive up the price for a team looking to move up for a quarterback or they could actually be serious about securing one of the top prospects to sit behind Tony Romoand develop in the coming years.

Either way, I’m sure we’ll be hearing much more about the Cowboys plans at No. 4 overall as the draft draws closer.

For what it’s worth, we have the Cowboys taking OSU DE Joey Bosa at No. 4 overall in our most recent 2016 NFL Mock Draft.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. I said that a while back. I've been Team RAmsey for a long time. If Jack checks out though and everything is fine, I wouldn't trade up for RAmsey. I would be really happy with Jack and the top CB left in round 2
I would take Ramsey, Bosa, or QB. Jack's knee scares me.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Seriously Considering A QB At No. 4 Overall?
14 mins ago Cowboys, NFL Draft Rumors 0 Comments

According to Jason Cole of B/R, there is a “growing sense” within the Cowboys’ organization that they are seriously considering drafting a quarterback at No. 4 overall.

Cole’s sources have said that the Cowboys believe they won’t be drafting this high again any time soon, so taking someone like Carson Wentz or Jared Goff could secure them a long-term quarterback.

However, others within the Cowboys believe they should instead focus on other positions of need such as on the defensive side of the ball or even at running back.

A previous report said that Wentz is among the “top three” players on the Cowboys’ draft board, even though other reports have said that Dallas has yet to set their board.

Given where we are in the NFL calendar, it’s fair to be skeptical about reports of who teams are leanings towards taking in the upcoming draft. There’s typically a lot of misdirection in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Dallas could be trying to drive up the price for a team looking to move up for a quarterback or they could actually be serious about securing one of the top prospects to sit behind Tony Romoand develop in the coming years.

Either way, I’m sure we’ll be hearing much more about the Cowboys plans at No. 4 overall as the draft draws closer.

For what it’s worth, we have the Cowboys taking OSU DE Joey Bosa at No. 4 overall in our most recent 2016 NFL Mock Draft.

Sounds to me like someone in the Cowboys organization is now trying to ramp up the effort for misdirection. Probably in hopes to lure a team to jump up in front of us to take a QB. Not a bad time to do it, since by now some of the other teams in the top 10 might have gotten comfortable with the notion we weren't players for either QB.
-OR- just maybe after our coaches have now gotten to see and work out the QB field, we have settled on our favorite(s), and he/they aren't going to be there in the second round.
Must see TV.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like someone in the Cowboys organization is now trying to ramp up the effort for misdirection. Probably in hopes to lure a team to jump up in front of us to take a QB. Not a bad time to do it, since by now some of the other teams in the top 10 might have gotten comfortable with the notion we weren't players for either QB.
-OR- just maybe after our coaches have now gotten to see and work out the QB field, we have settled on our favorite(s), and he/they aren't going to be there in the second round.
Must see TV.

Let the gamesmanship begin, not sure why anyone would show their cards at this point. Especially the teams at the top of the draft

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now with the trade, Rams take a QB. What does Cleveland do? Take Joe Thomas's successor at LT? They purged themselves of Donte Witner, so it is a real possibility that they take Ramsey. At some point someone else is going to try to jump up for the other QB, starting with SD or Dallas. Or Cleveland just takes the other QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now with the trade, Rams take a QB. What does Cleveland do? Take Joe Thomas's successor at LT? They purged themselves of Donte Witner, so it is a real possibility that they take Ramsey. At some point someone else is going to try to jump up for the other QB, starting with SD or Dallas. Or Cleveland just takes the other QB.
I'm getting excited with the thought that QB goes 1 &2 while San Diego takes the best o-tackle to keep Rivers upright. Hello Ramsey....:suds::thumb:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting excited with the thought that QB goes 1 &2 while San Diego takes the best o-tackle to keep Rivers upright. Hello Ramsey....:suds::thumb:

Definitely think the Rams trading up to #1 significantly increases the chances of Ramsey being on the board for Dallas. It also significantly decreases the value of our #4 pick with both QBs likely being taken 1&2 - but with Ramsey very possibly available who cares? Just a question of what San Diego sees as a bigger need, and who they value more as a prospect. Here's hoping they like Tunsil.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely think the Rams trading up to #1 significantly increases the chances of Ramsey being on the board for Dallas. It also significantly decreases the value of our #4 pick with both QBs likely being taken 1&2 - but with Ramsey very possibly available who cares? Just a question of what San Diego sees as a bigger need, and who they value more as a prospect. Here's hoping they like Tunsil.
I think Ramsey to Dallas has a better chance now that this trade has been made

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would hate for Dallas to be stuck there holding the bag at #4 with Tunsil still on the board and Ramsey already gone. Can't imagine teams like Philly or San Fran would be looking to trade up in that scenario. In that case, if it were my decision I would select Hargreaves and move on, but I think Dallas would look at Buckner or Jack.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Cleveland is the only one that truly makes me nervous as they have holes all over that team. Really hoping SF or Philly move up to take the other QB now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would hate for Dallas to be stuck there holding the bag at #4 with Tunsil still on the board and Ramsey already gone. Can't imagine teams like Philly or San Fran would be looking to trade up in that scenario. In that case, if it were my decision I would select Hargreaves and move on, but I think Dallas would look at Buckner or Jack.

funny you say this....my son and I talked about this last weekend adding that there was NO Trade back option...who do you draft. He said Tunsil and I said Jack but I'd prefer Hargreaves. Neither of us like the de at 4

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if that the exact scenario you suggest comes true and if it does we take Tunsil. I said at the beginning of this whole thing we wouldn't pass on him if he is there and we like him as much as the consensus seems to. Free is about done and if we like Collins at G I think we pull the trigger on Tunsil and don't even hesitate. But with the top OL on board at 4 I think you get teams wanting to move up as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny you say this....my son and I talked about this last weekend adding that there was NO Trade back option...who do you draft. He said Tunsil and I said Jack but I'd prefer Hargreaves. Neither of us like the de at 4
Your son sounds like a smart man...actually I do think it would be a toss up between the two if Jacks knee checks out but that still seems to be kept close to the vest. If Jack is healthy he probably is the top non-QB to go off the board

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any way SD lets Tunsil drop past them. Their O-line has been crap for so long and he sure looks like a pro-bowl caliber LT, which don't grow on trees.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any way SD lets Tunsil drop past them. Their O-line has been crap for so long and he sure looks like a pro-bowl caliber LT, which don't grow on trees.
Couldn't agree more...just doesn't seem possible.
I think we have Ramsey should QB go 1 and 2. Couldn't be more excited about a trade that didn't involve Dallas

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this deal for the Titans

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the rams got raped and this quite possibly means ramsey drops to us. Cleveland either goes Qb or makes a trade. what the chargers do is anybody guess. wow!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right it should be a no Brainer to get an impact player at 4, but Mr. "I can outsmart other GM's" still makes me nervous.
Jerrah operates in a world of his own.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the rams got raped and this quite possibly means ramsey drops to us. Cleveland either goes Qb or makes a trade. what the chargers do is anybody guess. wow!
The Rams have a dysfunctional organization.