• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Wentz is a near guarantee of being 1st or 2nd player drafted. Ramsey won't get past us at 4. Much of the discussion on this board has yielded the same thought process. Now, we all have heard (multiple times) that Ramsey is our #1. Seems likely. If this report is accurate, then Wentz is top 3 on our list, likely 3rd (who says top 3 if he's 2nd?). Does this mean Elliot is 2nd? Or is it a darkhorse that we are keeping to ourselves? Sounds like Bosa is not in our top 4. Draft night can't get here fast enough.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at a list of players we have brought in or worked out. There was a name on there I thought was interesting. Yannick Ngakoue - Mayrland. Listed more as an 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE. He fits the bill as a "Rushman". Same size as Spence, slightly quicker. Has great timing off snap. 1.13 sacks per game last year. Many mocks project him in the bottom half of the draft. I don't think he makes it that far. I think we draft him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....flip of a coin with jerry involved but I'm against moving up in round one for anyone

Agree, I think staying put at 4 or being unable to decline trading back because the return was so great should be the only options

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like murph said I stay at 4 and pick unless somebody offers up a really good offer to move back
Wentz wont be there IMHO so the question then is who helps you the quickest Ramsey, Elliot, Lawson, Bosa who I am not sold on or Jack if his knee is solid.

Lots of choices and a case can be made for all of them . Except whiffing on the pick they just cant do that

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick number 4 needs to be a prospect that has the potential to be elite. elliot and Jack and Tunsil top my list. followed by ramsey and then buckner slightly below elite status. any trade downs better be made with a top 7 team and we better get their 2016 2nd rounder at the minimum. I would like any of those top 4 guys I listed.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Wentz is a near guarantee of being 1st or 2nd player drafted. Ramsey won't get past us at 4. Much of the discussion on this board has yielded the same thought process. Now, we all have heard (multiple times) that Ramsey is our #1. Seems likely. If this report is accurate, then Wentz is top 3 on our list, likely 3rd (who says top 3 if he's 2nd?). Does this mean Elliot is 2nd? Or is it a darkhorse that we are keeping to ourselves? Sounds like Bosa is not in our top 4. Draft night can't get here fast enough.
Why would Eliott be second??? It makes 0 sense to take Elliott at 4. Ramsey, Bosa, or QB and I will be happy. One of them will be there at 4.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Eliott be second??? It makes 0 sense to take Elliott at 4. Ramsey, Bosa, or QB and I will be happy. One of them will be there at 4.
I said IF this supposed leaked info about our board is correct, then I am following along playing connect the dots.
I personally would rather have about a dozen other players at 4 than Zeke. Just following someone else's narrative and trying to fill in gaps.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said IF this supposed leaked info about our board is correct, then I am following along playing connect the dots.
I personally would rather have about a dozen other players at 4 than Zeke. Just following someone else's narrative and trying to fill in gaps.
That's right, if the Cowboys think Elliott is going to be somewhere between Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley, more power to them. If some team had taken Emmitt Smith #4 overall, the ESPN talking heads would have probably pulled their hair out talking about what a buffoon the GM must be for taking a slow, short RB at #4....but it would have worked out for the team in the end. As well as we have drafted in the 1st round, I'm not ripping ANY pick we make at 4 until I see him flop

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, if the Cowboys think Elliott is going to be somewhere between Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley, more power to them. If some team had taken Emmitt Smith #4 overall, the ESPN talking heads would have probably pulled their hair out talking about what a buffoon the GM must be for taking a slow, short RB at #4....but it would have worked out for the team in the end. As well as we have drafted in the 1st round, I'm not ripping ANY pick we make at 4 until I see him flop
Elliott is not a need at number 4.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott is not a need at number 4.
Agreed, but I don't think you can just draft for need. Players taken in the top 10 bust every year, heck, guys that go #1 overall bust all the time. I think in the draft, you try and go for the best players period, and need is only a tie breaker if multiple guys have the same grade. That doesn't mean I would take Elliott at 4, and I don't think the Cowboys would either, I think they would likely trade down a few spots if they plan to take him, but there have been plenty of times over the years when teams paid for not taking a guy because he wasn't a need. An example, granted, from another sport, would be Portland passing on Michael Jordan because they already had Clyde the Glide. I'm pretty sure if they had moved Drexler to the 3 it would have somehow worked out....

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting for need is one of the reasons the cowboys have won 2 playoff games in 20 years. Trading up makes zero sense. Trading down in a weak draft makes no sense either.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz is among the "top three" players on the Cowboys' draft board.

Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey is reportedly atop the rankings, but Wentz is the top-rated quarterback. Owner Jerry Jones has dismissed the idea of taking a quarterback at No. 4 overall, but this report would suggest it is in the realm of possibilities. Pauline reports the Cowboys are "very high" on Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz is among the "top three" players on the Cowboys' draft board.

Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey is reportedly atop the rankings, but Wentz is the top-rated quarterback. Owner Jerry Jones has dismissed the idea of taking a quarterback at No. 4 overall, but this report would suggest it is in the realm of possibilities. Pauline reports the Cowboys are "very high" on Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott as well.
IMO if Wentz is on the board he's the pick, if not I'm thinking there's a high possibility Goff is the pick, if they pass on Wentz and/or Goff they will get a, QB in round 2, Romo's replacement will be drafted this draft. I've been anti Goff, but the more I read on him the more comfortable I am with him if he's selected. Yes he needs learn how to play under center, but he can make all the throws needed to be a good starting NFL QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if Wentz is on the board he's the pick, if not I'm thinking there's a high possibility Goff is the pick, if they pass on Wentz and/or Goff they will get a, QB in round 2, Romo's replacement will be drafted this draft. I've been anti Goff, but the more I read on him the more comfortable I am with him if he's selected. Yes he needs learn how to play under center, but he can make all the throws needed to be a good starting NFL QB.
I think QB is the one position you can't pass on if you think the guy can really play....at any time. We could draft one this year, and if we come up next year, and a guy our scouts believe will be a pro bowl QB is on the board, you take him IMO. There are only 32 starting QB's in the world, and there are only about 20-25 that are solid-elite. Good ones are gold

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

been reading up on Goff and Lynch
Wentz is my pick but I don't think he will be there
Goff has all the tools just needs under center experience like manster said I wont be upset if they take him
Lynch needs more time to develop and if you take him you need to trade back a bunch or up from the 2nd so I don't think he will be an option

Cook and Hackenberg are a level down and coin flip on if they will make it or not

Prescott is further down and will need a lot of development.

And Honestly with all respect to Wade Wilson I am not confident in the QB coaching staff in place to develop a young QB. I do worry about that no matter who the qb we take is

JMHO

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornerbacks
  • Jeremy Fowler of ESPN conducted an informal poll of league evaluators regarding this year’s cornerback class.
  • According to Fowler’s sources, Florida State’s Jalen Ramsey, Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves and Ohio State’s Eli Apple are a cut above the rest.
  • Here’s how the cornerbacks were rated by Fowler’s sources: Jalen Ramsey (34 points), Vernon Hargreaves (27 points), Eli Apple (18 points), William Jackson III (8 points), Artie Burns (7 points), Kendall Fuller (6 points), Mackensie Alexander (4 points), Xavien Howard (2 points) and Cyrus Jones (1 point).
Cowboys
  • Tony Pauline of PhiladelphiaEagles.com reports that the Cowboys are one of four teams to inquire about the Titans’ No. 1 overall pick.
  • According to Pauline, the Cowboys do have North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz rated as one of the best players in this year’s class, but they have had FSU DB Jalen Ramsey as the top player on their board for over two months.
  • Pauline believes the only way for the Cowboys to come away with Ramsey is jump ahead of the Browns and Chargers.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Jon Machota has the full list of prospects that have visited with the Cowboys in recent weeks, which includes:

• N.C. State QB Jacoby Brissett
  • Oregon DL DeForest Buckner
  • Ohio State DE Joey Bosa
  • Pittsburgh WR Tyler Boyd
  • Michigan State QB Connor Cook
  • Clemson DE Kevin Dodd
  • Alabama RB Kenyan Drake
  • Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott
  • Notre Dame WR Will Fuller
  • Cal QB Jared Goff
  • Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg
  • Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves
  • Alabama RB Derrick Henry
  • West Virginia S Karl Joseph
  • Clemson DE Shaq Lawson
  • Memphis QB Paxton Lynch
  • UCLA RB Paul Perkins
  • Notre Dame RB C.J. Prosise
  • Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey
  • Louisville DL Sheldon Rankins
  • Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell
  • North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz
  • Norfolk St LB Deion King
  • Missouri G Connor McGovern
  • Oregon State G Isaac Seumalo
  • UCLA DT Kenny Clark
  • Colorado State LB Corey James
  • Norfolk State LB Deon King

Derek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff/Wentz, Zeke Elliott, Treadwell, Bosa , Jack, Ramsey, Heargraves . Is there any other possibility right now.

Buckner maybe? That's the only other person I see them taking at #4 besides the guys you mentioned. But a lot of the guys mentioned I wouldn't take at #4. I wouldn't take Elliott, Treadwell, Goff, Wentz or Hargreaves. Those are all guys I'd trade back if they wanted to take them.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckner maybe? That's the only other person I see them taking at #4 besides the guys you mentioned. But a lot of the guys mentioned I wouldn't take at #4. I wouldn't take Elliott, Treadwell, Goff, Wentz or Hargreaves. Those are all guys I'd trade back if they wanted to take them.

Correct. I said that a while back. I've been Team RAmsey for a long time. If Jack checks out though and everything is fine, I wouldn't trade up for RAmsey. I would be really happy with Jack and the top CB left in round 2