• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cowboys could fix the secondary in one draft. ramsey at 4 and then fuller or Jackson at 34. then Carr could be a cap casualty

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if that the exact scenario you suggest comes true and if it does we take Tunsil. I said at the beginning of this whole thing we wouldn't pass on him if he is there and we like him as much as the consensus seems to. Free is about done and if we like Collins at G I think we pull the trigger on Tunsil and don't even hesitate. But with the top OL on board at 4 I think you get teams wanting to move up as well.
Here is another scenario. Tenn has a ton of early picks the next 2 years and may want Tunsil or someone else available at 4. They also could be willing to give up more than "the chart" says because of what they just acquired and if they can come out of the draft with "their guy" anyway, plus a bunch of other picks they could still see it as a huge coup. So if we don't really have a guy in mind that is still there and are willing to go back to 15 maybe we end up with a pretty sweet deal ourselves from Tenn

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another scenario. Tenn has a ton of early picks the next 2 years and may want Tunsil or someone else available at 4. They also could be willing to give up more than "the chart" says because of what they just acquired and if they can come out of the draft with "their guy" anyway, plus a bunch of other picks they could still see it as a huge coup. So if we don't really have a guy in mind that is still there and are willing to go back to 15 maybe we end up with a pretty sweet deal ourselves from Tenn

I can definitely see Tennessee trade back up a few slots if SD doesn't take Tunsil. If SD takes Tunsil leaving Ramsey who is reported to be atop of Dallas board I don't think they trade back.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Wentz or Ramsey to fall into the Cowboys lap. I would also celebrate if Tunsil was the pick. Adding him and letting Collins be a year older might add a year to Romo's career

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more...just doesn't seem possible.
I think we have Ramsey should QB go 1 and 2. Couldn't be more excited about a trade that didn't involve Dallas
Yeah, Tunsil is a no brainer for SD...really hoping Tennessee takes Goff. That would leave us with Wentz or Ramsey.....if Cleveland takes Ramsey, Wentz would seem like a sure pick, but I wonder if Jerry would try and get a Titans like haul from SF or Philly, then try and move for Lynch when the smoke clears. Maybe a little far fetched, maybe not

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Tunsil is a no brainer for SD...really hoping Tennessee takes Goff. That would leave us with Wentz or Ramsey.....if Cleveland takes Ramsey, Wentz would seem like a sure pick, but I wonder if Jerry would try and get a Titans like haul from SF or Philly, then try and move for Lynch when the smoke clears. Maybe a little far fetched, maybe not
anything is possible. I prefer jerry not get cute

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah is now broadcasting he's going to go watch Goff work out in person at Berkley. After the 'leak' that Wentz was in our top 3, a move was made in the top 3 for a QB. Now we are firing our second bullet, in hopes that a second team will move up into the top 3 to take the second QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah is now broadcasting he's going to go watch Goff work out in person at Berkley. After the 'leak' that Wentz was in our top 3, a move was made in the top 3 for a QB. Now we are firing our second bullet, in hopes that a second team will move up into the top 3 to take the second QB.
I guess that could be meaningful if anyone paid attention to Jerry. I would hope a GM of a team with the #4 pick would go see every possible player they may be thinking about...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that could be meaningful if anyone paid attention to Jerry. I would hope a GM of a team with the #4 pick would go see every possible player they may be thinking about...
Agree, look at the top 15 to 20, just in case Goff falls or the team trades back.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....jerry playing poker, nothing more

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I like the looks of this, besides Elliott to the Eagles maybe:

2016 Mock Draft: Re-mocking the first round after the Rams-Titans trade

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

April 14, 2016 11:08 am ET

The Rams made a big splash Thursday, acquiring the No. 1 overall pick from the Titans for a king's ransom. The move sends ripples through the first round of the mock draft. Let's break it all down.

1. Los Angeles Rams: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
By trading up to this pick, the Rams have created a stir at the top of the 2016 NFL Draft. As they make the move to Los Angeles, the franchise needs a fresh face at quarterback.

2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California
The Browns are drafting a quarterback this April - the only question is whether or not that will happen in the first round. This pick is much more valuable now if the Browns want to trade back, but if they like Goff, Cleveland should stay put and get their quarterback.

3. San Diego Chargers: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
The Chargers could use a stud on defense, but they need help on the offensive line even more. Tunsil is a plug-and-play tackle and also the best player in the draft.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
The Cowboys will likely go defense with this pick, but do they go with the pass rusher (Bosa), linebacker (Jack) or defensive back (Ramsey)? I'll guess they address the secondary, adding Ramsey at cornerback and moving last year's first-round pick Byron Jones to safety full-time.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
The Jaguars were big spenders in free agency, adding Malik Jackson and Tashaun Gipsonto the defense. Factor in last year's first rounder Dante Fowler and add another impact pass rusher like Bosa and the Jaguars have the makings of a defense no offense wants to face.

6. Baltimore Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Defensive line isn't the top need on the depth chart, but the Ravens might not be able to pass on a talent like Buckner, who could be Baltimore's version of Calais Campbell.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
If this pick isn't a quarterback, the 49ers' focus likely shifts to defense and Jack would be a great addition next to NaVorro Bowman, filling the shadow left by Patrick Willis' retirement last year.

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
With Demarco Murray now in Tennessee and Ryan Matthews also on the trade block, the Eagles are looking for a new identity at running back. Elliott has the talent to be the featured piece of Doug Pederson's offense.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
Tampa needs to address the cornerback position this draft and Hargreaves is a tough-minded, instinctive cover man who is ready to start from day one in the NFL.

10. New York Giants: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
With Will Beatty no longer on the roster and last year's first-round pick Ereck Flowersstruggling on the left side, Stanley would make sense as a plug-and-play left tackle from day one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rest of that mock had Robert Nkemdiche dropping out of the 1st round? If he is there in the 2nd when the Boys pick, do they take him?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider it if Kevin Dodd is gone

That mock had Dodd going to Carolina at the bottom of the 1st, which I thought I might see what it would take to trade back up into the 1st and snag him

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another speculation, don't you just love the weeks before the draft?

Adam Schefter expects Jared Goff and Carson Wentz to come off the board within the first four picks of the draft.

“I think the two quarterbacks,” Schefter said, via NJ.com. “In one way or another are off the board in the first-four picks. They’re gone. They’re not lasting any longer than that. It wouldn’t even surprise me if they’re gone in the first two picks.”

Interestingly enough, Schefter mentions that the Cowboys would “love” to get Wentz, even in a trade-up scenario, while the Saints could be a “dark-horse” team to move up a for a quarterback.

“I could see Tennessee selling the pick to a team that goes quarterback,” Schefter added. “I could see Cleveland not going quarterback or even selling their pick. I think Dallas would love to land Carson Wentz, even if it takes moving up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rest of that mock had Robert Nkemdiche dropping out of the 1st round? If he is there in the 2nd when the Boys pick, do they take him?
I would, but I heard interview problems with him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would, but I heard interview problems with him.

Yeah w all the dumbasses out there like Manziel, Gordon and Gregory. I am leery of these types but he is talented for sure

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding on to my early January wish list for the first two rounds
Ramsey & Dodd

follow that up, w maybe Collins the RB from Arkansas and I think we had a successful draft