• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 going to Cleveland....Dallas may have choice of either QB at #4. If that's the case, I'd bet that's how we go
I still think Cleveland likely to take qb. Rg3 is only 2 year deal and is still a question mark. He hopefully gives them the option of waiting til the new kid us ready.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all the coaches fault...

Christian Hackenberg - QB - Player
MMQB's Robert Klemko reports Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg blamed coach James Franklin for the sharp decline in his play as a sophomore and junior.

Hackenberg looked like a first-round pick under Texans coach Bill O'Brien as a freshman, but he struggled mightily behind a terrible offensive line under Franklin the last two seasons. "Despite the fact that it’s probably true, you don’t want to hear a kid say that," an anonymous scout told Klemko. Hackenberg looks the part at 6'4, 223-pounds with good athleticism, but he is a slow processor with terrible awareness and inconsistent accuracy. He will likely come off the board on day two.

Source: MMQB
Mar 26 - 8:51 AM

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all the coaches fault...

Christian Hackenberg - QB - Player
MMQB's Robert Klemko reports Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg blamed coach James Franklin for the sharp decline in his play as a sophomore and junior.

Hackenberg looked like a first-round pick under Texans coach Bill O'Brien as a freshman, but he struggled mightily behind a terrible offensive line under Franklin the last two seasons. "Despite the fact that it’s probably true, you don’t want to hear a kid say that," an anonymous scout told Klemko. Hackenberg looks the part at 6'4, 223-pounds with good athleticism, but he is a slow processor with terrible awareness and inconsistent accuracy. He will likely come off the board on day two.

Source: MMQB
Mar 26 - 8:51 AM

Well it seemed like the right thing to say at the time. No this will not help him in fact it m add your have dropped him. I'd like him as a mid rounder, but now I'm having visions of Ryan Leaf

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Cowboys go QB at 4. You have to have a QB, it wouldn't be the worst strategy ever to take Wentz or Goff in the 1st and a kid like Prescott in the 3rd. I know that wouldn't do much for us next season, but long term, it could be a great move . If you hit on one that can become a solid NFL starter, a 1 and a 3 is not a huge investment(ask Cleveland, Couch, Weeden , Manziel, that's three #1's and just signed RG3). If you hit on both, you'll likely recoup the 1 AND the 3 in trade value for one. And if you miss on both? The quicker you start looking, the quicker you'll find "the" guy. We can't just wait till Romo retires and decide we'll pick up a QB then. It took a lot of guys named Carter, Henson , etc before we lucked into Romo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Cowboys go QB at 4. You have to have a QB, it wouldn't be the worst strategy ever to take Wentz or Goff in the 1st and a kid like Prescott in the 3rd. I know that wouldn't do much for us next season, but long term, it could be a great move . If you hit on one that can become a solid NFL starter, a 1 and a 3 is not a huge investment(ask Cleveland, Couch, Weeden , Manziel, that's three #1's and just signed RG3). If you hit on both, you'll likely recoup the 1 AND the 3 in trade value for one. And if you miss on both? The quicker you start looking, the quicker you'll find "the" guy. We can't just wait till Romo retires and decide we'll pick up a QB then. It took a lot of guys named Carter, Henson , etc before we lucked into Romo
If we used 2 of the first 3 picks on QB I would :gaah:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else interested to see how good O.Beckham's cousin might be? I hate to think if he doesn't get drafted, he'll sign with NYG. And if he is anywhere as good as they both claim he is, we will be kicking ourselves.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a TE for us to take in the 2nd round, again?

2016 NFL Draft: RB, TE could have just one first-rounder combined

By Frank Cooney | NFLDraftScout.com

April 7, 2016 7:55 pm ET

There are not many blue-chip prospects at tight end and running back in the 2016 NFL Draft, with only 10 projected among the top 100. But there are a couple with superstar potential.

Ohio State's abusive running back Ezekiel Elliott may be the only player in that group selected in the first round after showing a combination of track speed and blocking ability that is appreciated by NFL quarterbacks.

The hopes for Elliot's success in the NFL come with an assist from Todd Gurley's outstanding rookie season last year with the team formerly known as the St. Louis Rams. They drafted him No. 10 overall out of Georgia despite a 2014 season shortened by a torn ACL.

Gurley responded with the most prolific first four games by a running back since the AFL-NFL merger and finished with 1,106 yards and 10 touchdowns in 13 games.

That snapped a streak of disappointing, highly drafted backs, led by Trent Richardson, who was selected No. 3 overall in 2012 but is now out of football. He was last seen in an unimpressive March tryout with Baltimore Ravens in which he seemed more interested in a Popeye's chicken dinner and a robust breakfast, weighing in at 238 pounds before suiting up.

640Elliott040716.jpg
Ezekiel Elliott is the clear top option at running back. (USATSI)

In all, NFLDraftScout.com projects seven running backs -- with no fullbacks -- and only three tight ends as top-100 prospects.

Behind Elliot at running back there are at least three intriguing ball-carriers, although each is red-flagged with notes of concern.

Alabama's Heisman Trophy-winning Derrick Henry rolled up impressive stats, although he endured the beating that comes with 619 touches (2,024 including high school).

Utah's Devontae Booker outbattled academic challenges and defenses during his extended amateur career, only to enter the draft as a 24-year-old prospect coming off knee surgery last November.

And there is interest in the potential of Louisiana Tech's Kenneth Dixon, who can both run and catch, but must prove he can make the jump from a smaller college to the NFL.

While big tight ends are a hot commodity in the pass-crazy NFL, the 2016 draft class may not fill a lot of spots there.

Arkansas' Hunter Henry, who caught 51 passes last season with no drops, is at the top of NFLDraftScout.com's tight end list, but projected to go in only the middle of the second round.

Finally, reflecting the evolution of football in both college and pro, there are no fullbacks rated in the top 100, with the best of the bunch carrying a familiar NFL name. Kansas State's Glenn Gronkowksi is the little brother (although still 6-foot-2, 239 pounds) of the well-known New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. Little Gronk is rated as a fourth- or fifth-round prospect.

Here is a closer look at tight ends and running backs rated in the top 100 by NFLDraftScout.com and a list of tight ends, running backs and fullbacks projected in the top 350 as of April 7.

Tight Ends

Pos/Overall Rnk, Player, College, Hgt, Wgt, 40 Time, Proj. Rd.

1/53. *Hunter Henry, Arkansas, 6-5, 250, 4.79, 2

Mr. Perfection: With excellent size, athleticism and extraordinary ball skills, Henry needs only to improve his in-line blocking to be a well-rounded tight end. Last season he won the John Mackey Award as best tight end in the nation. He caught 51 passes for 739 yards and three touchdowns. More impressive, he didn't drop a single pass all season as his reliable receiving skills were reminiscent of NFL star Jason Witten. Henry might need more brawn in the NFL, but already uses his frame well to shield defenders from the ball and looks natural tracking passes arriving over either shoulder. Henry's detractors point out that the run-heavy offense in which Henry starred under current Arkansas (and former Wisconsin) head coach Bret Bielema has led to gaudy numbers from tight ends before -- with few duplicating this success in the NFL.

Quote to note: "Just versatility. I'm going to bring a dual-threat tight end that's going to put his head in there in the run game. I'm going to block. I did that in college consistently. And I'm going to create a mismatch in the passing game." -- Henry Hunter, when asked to name his biggest strength.

Frankly: No drops and 51 catches? Seriously? Pass-happy NFL teams in need of a tight end should follow his lead -- don't miss this catch.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2/73. *Austin Hooper, Stanford, 6-4, 254, 4.72, 2-3

Tight end parade: Hooper follows Zach Ertz, Levine Toilolo, Coby Fleener and Jim Dray as Stanford's tight-end contributions to the NFL. Like the others, Hooper is viewed primarily as a receiving tight end with marginal skills as an in-line blocker, which fits well into the current pass-happy era in the NFL. Hooper enters the draft as a third-year sophomore who caught 74 passes for 937 yards and eight touchdowns in two years with the Cardinal. Although he has a lean, athletic body that could handle an additional 15 pounds of muscle, there is no guarantee that would suddenly turn him into a good NFL blocker. But he is willing. Showing the smarts expected at Stanford, Hooper opted to enter the draft shortly after learning that Ertz signed a multi-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles for $40 million.

Quote to note: "I would say ability. My blocking ability, my route-running ability, my catching ability, and if a team doesn't like me because I'm a quarter-inch too small then it is what it is. Hopefully another team will." -- Austin Hooper when asked how he will compensate for being on the small side (he was measured at exactly 6-foot-3 3/4) compared to NFL tight ends.

Frankly: Neither quick nor fast among elite athletes, Hooper parlays his strength, athleticism and soft hands to be a versatile offensive weapon. It would be a plus -- although it can't be a promise -- if he is able to improve in-line blocking with a few more pounds.

3/93. Nick Vannett, Ohio State, 6-6, 257, 4.76, 3

Overshadowed at Ohio State? Some believe the Buckeyes could break their own record for the most players from one program ever drafted in a single season (14, set in 2004), but with so much of that attention being centered around Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott and Cardale Jones (among others), Vannett has not generated much attention. That is a shame given that Vannett, NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated senior tight end all year long, comes with the pro-ready frame and game uncommon in today's era of hybrid receivers playing the position. With just 38 receptions for 382 yards over the past two seasons, Vannett lacks the production one would expect of a top-100 prospect, but his raw tools suggest he could have been much more productive had the Buckeyes featured him. Furthermore, while not a dominating blocker, Vannett at least has experience along the line and possesses the size (including 34 1/4-inch arms) and power to compete.

Quote to note: "The top is only high if you never take a chance to reach for it." -- Nick Varnett, posted as phrase inside biography on Twitter account.

Frankly: Given the attention Ohio State receives, it is difficult for a Buckeye to enter the draft underrated, but in a class full of projects at the position, Vannett's relative pro-readiness stands out.

Other tight ends rated in NFLDraftScout's top 350:

4/110. Jerell Adams, South Carolina, 6-5, 247, 4.64, 3-4
5/124. Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky, 6-6, 249, 4.77, 4
6/139. Bryce Williams, East Carolina, 6-6, 257, 4.94, 4-5
7/157. Ben Braunecker, Harvard, 6-3, 250, 4.73, 5
8/160. Temarrick Hemingway, South Carolina State, 6-5, 244, 4.71, 5
9/177. Beau Sandland, Montana State, 6-4, 253, 4.74, 5-6
10/196. Henry Krieger Coble, Iowa, 6-3, 248, 4.92, 6
11/203. David Morgan II, Texas-San Antonio, 6-4, 262, 5.02, 6
12/220. Darion Griswold, Arkansas State, 6-3, 253, 4.79, 6-7
13/238. Tanner McEvoy, Wisconsin, 6-6, 231, 4.57, 7
14/243. *David J. Grinnage, North Carolina State, 6-5, 248, 4.90, 7
15/266. Jake McGee, Florida, 6-5, 250, 4.83, 7-FA
16/280. Ryan Malleck, Virginia Tech, 6-4, 247, 4.77, 7-FA
17/301. Sean Price, South Florida, 6-2, 249, 4.77, 7-FA
18/329. Steven Scheu, Vanderbilt, 6-5, 253, 4.82, 7-FA
19/341. Kyle Carter, Penn State, 6-3, 238, 4.72, 7-FA

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running Backs

1/8. *Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State, 6-0, 225, 4.47, 1

Collision course: Elliott may have shown scouts too much in a college career that included carrying or catching the ball more than 600 times. While that showcased his elite talent as a three-down back -- both running and receiving -- it also demonstrated he is all too willing to make contact rather than avoid it. With the NFL's increased focus on concussions, that physical type of play might limit his shelf life as a pro. Elliott has quickness and speed to avoid and outrun most tacklers (in track, he won four state championships at the Missouri Class 3 state championships in 2012: the 100, 200, 110 high hurdles and 300 hurdles). Elliott complained to media about lack of use in a loss to Michigan State, which created negative feedback for openly questioning his coaches. While his comments may have come off as selfish, Elliott's commitment to teammates is obvious on the field. He is one of the more attentive and competitive blockers at the position in years.

Quote to note: "I think the guys last year that were first-round picks like Todd Gurley, they set a standard for the younger generation coming up. I feel we're going to bring it back." -- Ezekiel Elliott, when asked about running backs being devalued in recent drafts.

Frankly: Putting aside trivial matters such as precise receiver routes and pass-blocking technique, Elliott does everything expected of a running back and does it well. His toughness inside is reminiscent of Frank Gore, especially when he pops out the other side of a scrum.

2/38. *Derrick Henry, Alabama, 6-3, 247, 4.54, 1-2

Bama beatdown: Projecting an Alabama running back's future in the NFL could be dangerous to one's credibility. Four Alabama running backs were drafted in the first two rounds since 2011 -- Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon. Their lack of superstar success in the NFL caused scouts to ding Alabama running backs as damaged goods. Now we have Henry, a powerfully built brute who runs with evil intent. He won the Heisman Trophy, as well as the Doak Walker, Maxwell and Walter Camp Awards. But here is what NFL scouts are looking at: the number 2,024. That's how many times he carried or caught a football in the last seven seasons, the final three at Alabama. He totaled 16,062 yards and 198 touchdowns, with 619 touches, 3,876 yards and 45 scores for the Crimson Tide. Impressive? Yes. A concern? You betchya. He is big and fast, but so is everybody in the NFL. Henry's decent quickness, good speed and so-so elusiveness are not necessarily a predictor of success in pro football.

Quote to note: "I feel like I can do better at everything, but the questions are my quickness, catching the ball, my protection. I definitely want to get better at that and showcase that I can do things like that, but I know I need to work on that." -- Derrick Henry, when asked what he needs to work on going into the NFL.

Frankly: To enjoy anything like the success he had at Alabama, Henry must be drafted by an NFL team willing to feature him in a similar manner -- namely, as a bell-cow back in a run-first offense. Henry's long legs help him accelerate quickly when running north and south, but he lacks ideal wiggle to avoid defenders when going east and west. Protect Henry with a powerful offensive line and allow him to gash defenses 20-25 times a game and he could live up to expectations. Anything less, and the bust rate from Bama backs could grow yet again.

640DHenry040716.jpg

Will Derrick Henry end the recent disappoint run of Alabama backs? (USATSI)

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/61. Devontae Booker, Utah, 5-11, 219, 4.56, 2

Roll of the dice: Although Booker had impressive streaks at Utah, he comes with plenty of reason for concern. First and foremost is the knee surgery that ended his season and college career last November. Then there was that long road he took to Utah that will make him a 24-year-old rookie. And the good news? Booker was productive every time he got a chance, starting at Sacramento's Grant High School (2,844 yards and 45 touchdowns in an incredible senior year), then at American River Junior College (1,472 yards rushing, 15 touchdowns) and, after sitting out 2013 to catch up academically at Utah, he lit up the Pac-12 in 2014 with 1,512 yards and 10 touchdowns. Booker's running style is as subtle as a quick punch in the nose, and often just as effective. But he doesn't have speed to run away and needs work on pass blocking and receiving.

Quote to note: "He projects as a stronger version of Justin Forsett and while he isn't built to carry a NFL offense, Booker has the skill-set to touch the ball 20 times per game, ideally suited for a zone-blocking scheme due to his vision and cutting ability." -- NFLDraftScout.com analyst Dane Brugler in his extensive (195 pages) 2016 NFL DraftGuide, available here.

Frankly: Even if Booker's knee fully recovers in this era of medical miracles -- and he did not compete at the combine or Utah's March 24 pro day -- he is still no sure thing. He was prolific every season he played thus far, but the team that takes Booker must overlook age and injury and realize his brutal style of running usually comes with a short shelf life.

4/63. Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech, 5-10, 215, 4.56, 2

Hot rod for sale: Louisiana Tech's offense averaged an astounding 6.9 yards per play in 2015, with Dixon playing the role of engine with 19 touchdowns on the ground. Dropping the hammer is nothing new for Dixon, whose 87 career touchdowns rank second only to Navy's Keenan Reynolds -- a former quarterback currently projected by NFLDraftScout.com as a running back and ranked 24th (see below) at the position. Dixon's exploits in the red zone give him a reputation as a bulldozer and he does show good forward lean, but it is quick acceleration and tight turns that make this hot rod hard to handle -- at least for would-be tacklers. There is some buyer beware among scouts with Dixon, however. The uptempo offense in which he starred was designed to get him the ball in space, creating relatively easy opportunities for big plays against questionable competition. Furthermore, this ride comes with a lot of mileage (889 career touches) already on the odometer.

Quote to note: "The one that makes me most proud is setting the freshman all-time record. I beat Marshall Faulk and that's somebody that I looked up to all the time. Every time I got on the computer I used to watch him. Just to see what kind of moves he made, see what he did in the offseason, seeing how he gave back to his community, seeing what his work ethic is about, seeing the adversity that he went through growing up." -- Kenneth Dixon, when asked which of his record he is most proud.

Frankly: Dixon is a scoring machine as both a runner and receiver (88 catches for 972 yards and 15 TDs over his career) and scouts certainly love that. Dixon's number of carries and relatively slim lower body, however, are indicators that he may never match his college production in the NFL. Dixon must show better ball security after fumbling 13 times over the past three years.

5/75. *Alex Collins, Arkansas, 5-10, 217, 4.59, 2-3

3K Collins: Despite sharing running back duties with Jonathan Williams his first two years, Collins leaves Arkansas after gaining more than 1,000 yards in each of his three seasons. He joins Herschel Walker and Darren McFadden as the only SEC runners to do so. Collins' career total of 3,703 yards rushing (36 touchdowns) includes 1,577 yards last season, his first as the lone starter because Williams was out with a broken leg. Collins is not as big as some runners or as fast as others, but he is as tough and determined as any of them. He is a no-nonsense, north-south runner who reaches top speed faster than some defenders can adjust. Collins is a decent receiver and adequate blocker, but needs to improve both for the NFL.

Quote to note: "I honestly feel like I'm the best running back in the draft. And it's just more of a confidence. I don't like to settle with being mediocre or settling that other running backs are better than me. I feel like I can compete with the best." -- Alex Collins, when asked to name the best running back in the draft.

Frankly: Leaving Arkansas as a junior may give Collins additional time to play for pay before his aggressive style takes its toll. Only issues for NFL teams to consider are ball security (17 fumbles, nine lost) and some off-field accountability.

6/83. *Jordan Howard, Indiana, 6-0, 230, 4.57, 2-3

Hoosier daddy: Howard only spent one season playing for the Hoosiers, but he certainly made it count, earning first-team All-Big Ten honors by averaging 134.8 rushing yards per game and scoring 10 touchdowns last year. Howard agreed to play at Indiana in 2015 after the program for which he'd starred -- the University of Alabama-Birmingham -- elected to pull the plug on its football team, releasing all of its players to sign (and play immediately) elsewhere. Howard didn't just introduce himself to the Big Ten in fine fashion, he left the Conference USA on a high note, setting a UAB record with 1,587 rushing yards in 2014. The Hoosiers were eager to find a replacement for star runner Tevin Coleman, who the Atlanta Falcons selected 73rd overall last year.

Quote to note: "It's not something I pay attention to in a game, how many carries. I take as many carries as I can in a game. But a running back, we know our life span isn't that long and 800 carries, that's a lot just for college." -- Jordan Howard, when asked if he pays attention to how often he runs the ball.

Frankly: In terms of style, the bulldozing Howard is nothing like Coleman, a slasher at his best in the open. Broad-shouldered, powerful and determined, Howard can be an intimidating force, but scouts worry that his high pad level and willingness to take on all defenders will lead to a short shelf life in the NFL. Howard missed four games due to injuries in 2015.

7/91. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas, 5-11, 220, 4.59, 3

Hog-tied: Coming off a 2014 campaign in which he rushed for 1,190 yards and 12 touchdowns to earn second-team All-SEC honors, Williams entered his senior campaign as a legitimate Heisman candidate. Instead, he suffered a foot injury in an August scrimmage that required the insertion of two screws to help his ligaments heal, ending the team captain's season before it began. Rather than request a redshirt, Williams opted to head directly to the NFL. When healthy, he shows the elusiveness, burst and power to project nicely to the NFL, but scouts could be hesitant to invest an early pick in a back that missed all of last year. Unable to work out at the combine, Williams did finally compete at Arkansas' pro day on April 2. However, he showed less-than-ideal speed (4.59 seconds in the 40-yard dash) and did not compete in the jumps, raising even more concerns about his recovery.

Quote to note: "I'm ready to start playing football again." -- Jonathan Williams, posting on his Twitter account Wednesday (April 6), four days after a disappointing pro day performance.

Frankly: It is hard not to like Williams' combination of size, vision and lateral agility on tape, but with precious little time before the draft, the runner has been unable to answer key questions about his health and speed.

Other running backs rated in the top 350 by NFLDraftScout.com:

8/104. Kenyan Drake, Alabama, 6-1, 210, 4.45, 3-4
9/116. *Paul Perkins, UCLA, 5-10, 208, 4.54, 3-4
10/120. *C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame, 6-0, 220, 4.48, 3-4
11/130. Daniel Lasco, California, 6-0, 209, 4.46, 4
12/143. Tyler Ervin, San Jose State, 5-10, 192, 4.41, 4-5
13/153. *Kelvin Taylor, Florida, 5-10, 207, 4.60, 4-5
14/162. Josh Ferguson, Illinois, 5-09, 198, 4.48, 5
15/176. DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech, 5-08, 204, 4.49, 5
16/179. *Keith Marshall, Georgia, 5-11, 219, 4.31, 5-6
17/198. Darius Jackson, Eastern Michigan, 6-0, 220, 4.40, 6
18/201. Tre Madden, Southern California, 6-0, 223, 4.53, 6-7
19/235. *Wendell Smallwood, West Virginia, 5-10, 208, 4.47, 6-7
20/247. Aaron Green, Texas Christian, 5-11, 203, 4.53, 7
21/260. D.J. Foster, Arizona State, 5-10, 193, 4.57, 7-FA
22/277. Travis Greene, Bowling Green, 5-10, 192, 4.52, 7-FA
23/309. Marteze Waller, Fresno State, 5-11, 214, 4.59, 7-FA
24/311. Keenan Reynolds, Navy, 5-10, 191, 4.56, 7-FA
25/322. Marshaun Coprich, Illinois State, 5-08, 207, 4.47, 7-FA
26/333. *Peyton Barber, Auburn, 5-10, 228, 4.64, 7-FA

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we would take a FB at all in this draft, but they ranked them also in that article, so Ill post for giggles.

Fullbacks

None rated in top 100.

Fullbacks rated in the top 350 by NFLDraftScout.com:

1/146. *Glenn Gronkowski, Kansas State, 6-2, 239, 4.71, 4-5
2/216. Dan Vitale, Northwestern, 6-1, 239, 4.60, 6
3/230. Derek Watt, Wisconsin, 6-2, 234, 4.78, 6-7
4/246. Chris Swain, Navy, 6-0, 247, 4.89, 7
5/278. Soma Vainuku, Southern California, 5-11, 246, 4.68, 7-FA
6/292. Andy Janovich, Nebraska, 6-1, 238, 4.81, 7-FA
7/310. Patrick Skov, Georgia Tech, 6-0, 227, 4.94, 7-FA
8/324. Quayvon Hicks, Georgia, 6-1, 259, 4.82, 7-FA

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the Cowboys give up to move up to 1?

Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that four teams have inquired about trading up to No. 1 overall with the Titans. According to Pauline, the four teams consist of the Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, and Jets.

In regards to the Jets, Pauline mentions that the belief around the league is that they don’t have the draft picks to make the move up to No. 1 overall. However, there’s still some question as to whether they’d be willing to trade up for Memphis QB Paxton Lynch later on in round one.

The Eagles have done extensive work on quarterback prospects and are reportedly “trying to find a way to get” North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz, according to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.

“I know (coach) Doug Pederson loves him,” Zierlein said in a radio interview, via NJ.com. “I know that from people behind the scenes, in the know. That’s who he wants and that’s who he likes. It’s just going to be tough.”

As for the 49ers, there has been speculation that they could attempt to leap in front of the Browns and get their No. 1 quarterback. However, Colin Kaepernick is still on their roster and trade talks with the Broncos are reportedly at a stalemate. Beyond that, the possibility still exists that they could sit tight at No. 7 overall and still get one of the two top quarterbacks.

I assume that the Cowboys interest is related to moving up for a quarterback and securing a long-term replacement to Tony Romo. It’s hard to say how if this is something being strongly considered in Dallas.

Earlier in the week, Peter King of MMQB.com gave the Titans a “50-50” shot at trading out of No. 1 overall and said that they’ve received “significant interest” in the pick.

While Titans GM Jon Robinson mentioned that it would require “kings ransom” before later backing away from the comment, saying that they’re open to any all options right now.

I would say that statement was taken out of context a little bit,’’ Robinson said. “I think the question was: What would it take to move way back in the draft? And my answer was: “It would take several picks for that to happen, a king’s ransom for lack of a better term.

“The reality is we are open to any option that makes our football team better. If that is picking a player, if that is moving the pick, whatever is the best option for the pick, we’ll do it. It is much like a play-call sheet. There’s a lot of play calls listed on those sheets, and whatever call gives us the best opportunity to move the football or stop them from moving the football, it’s the same approach we’re going to take leading up to the draft.

Numerous reports have said that Tennessee is open for business in regards to the top pick and are looking for trade options

Robinson said close to a month ago that he’s spoken to a few teams about possibly trading the No. 1 overall pick. However, Robinson characterized the talks as “exploratory” in nature.

I’ve had a couple of conversations here and there. I think it is really more kind of exploratory at this point,’’ Robinson said, via Jim Wyatt of Titansonline.com. “As we get a little bit closer, a little bit more through the process with the combine and interviews and pro days, I expect there will be a few more exploratory calls, and there may not be. We’ll see.

The Titans earned the No. 1 overall pick after posting a regular season record of 3-13.

I’m sure there will be plenty more talk about the Titans possibly trading their No. 1 overall pick in the coming months.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that the Cowboys have FSU DB Jalen Ramsey atop their draft board.
  • In regards to the quarterback position, Pauline has been told North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz is their highest rated quarterback and top three overall on their board.
  • As for Ohio State DE Joey Bosa, Pauline says they’ve come off him a bit, but they are “very high”on Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ramsey as bad as the next guy and have since mid January... but I don't want to move up from 4 to secure his services. Best part of picking early is you do in the all the early rounds. Dallas should have three impact like strong contributors from this draft with or without Ramsey

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ramsey as bad as the next guy and have since mid January... but I don't want to move up from 4 to secure his services. Best part of picking early is you do in the all the early rounds. Dallas should have three impact like strong contributors from this draft with or without Ramsey

That would be an expensive move for a DB, one would think? I think the plan to move up would be to take Wentz, if they really think he could be the future at QB, but who knows what they might do, really.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an expensive move for a DB, one would think? I think the plan to move up would be to take Wentz, if they really think he could be the future at QB, but who knows what they might do, really.

agree....flip of a coin with jerry involved but I'm against moving up in round one for anyone