• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ay F/A is going it points to JJ is going to go all in on the Draft. I expect a lot of movement in the 1st 2 days. I think JJ knows the window is closing. If those splash moves don't happen it points to the fact that Jerry is no longer at the helm and that Stephen Jones is the official heir and current G.M. Just my hunch.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jaylon Smith's injury causes him to slip I would gladly take a flyer on him with our 4th round comp pick. I think his ceiling is high enough that you can risk him never taking a snap.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Cowboys have scheduled a private workout with Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott.

Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News confirms the report and adds that the workout will take place on Monday. George points out that this will be the third time in three months Cowboys QBs coach Wade Wilson will work face-to-face with Prescott.

Prescott said previously that Dallas made him aware of what their plan would be for him in the event they draft him.

“Coach Wilson just [talked] about what they expect me to do if I come in there, if it’s to be in the backup role behind Tony Romo, how do I plan on approaching it and then just talking ball,” Prescott said at the combine about the meeting. “They’ve been productive meetings. He told me their picks and told me that they’re thinking about getting a quarterback with one of those picks. He was saying that if I work hard, things maybe could work out.”

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Cowboys have scheduled a private workout with Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott.

Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News confirms the report and adds that the workout will take place on Monday. George points out that this will be the third time in three months Cowboys QBs coach Wade Wilson will work face-to-face with Prescott.

Prescott said previously that Dallas made him aware of what their plan would be for him in the event they draft him.

“Coach Wilson just [talked] about what they expect me to do if I come in there, if it’s to be in the backup role behind Tony Romo, how do I plan on approaching it and then just talking ball,” Prescott said at the combine about the meeting. “They’ve been productive meetings. He told me their picks and told me that they’re thinking about getting a quarterback with one of those picks. He was saying that if I work hard, things maybe could work out.”

I am not a Prescott fan but I don't get a vote. I think the Prescott deal is smoke n mirrors but I would not touch him in the draft till the 6th round then the risk is worth the pick. His leadership ability is in the toilet IMHO with the DWI during the longest interview of his life. We shall see what the boys do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Prescott fan but I don't get a vote. I think the Prescott deal is smoke n mirrors but I would not touch him in the draft till the 6th round then the risk is worth the pick. His leadership ability is in the toilet IMHO with the DWI during the longest interview of his life. We shall see what the boys do.
I'm torn. I would probably go to RomotoOwens house for a couple of Crown Royals to keep from getting PO'd if we took him in the first round...but I think you can certainly make a case from a talent perspective for him being about a round or so lower than the "top" QBs in this draft. I think we start looking at QB in the 3rd and that could be his spot.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. I would probably go to RomotoOwens house for a couple of Crown Royals to keep from getting PO'd if we took him in the first round...but I think you can certainly make a case from a talent perspective for him being about a round or so lower than the "top" QBs in this draft. I think we start looking at QB in the 3rd and that could be his spot.

I don't even think Jerry is that batshit crazy to take dak in the 1st. I think before the DWI he was 3rd round pick but not after I think he will go in the late 4th to mid 5th but I would not pick him at all

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. Makes you not want to pick any OSU or ex OSU player...They all seem to rat each other out. That is a poor character trait, but who knows if even true:

Teams Have Hard-Party Drug Concerns with Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott
Updated March 15, 2016
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Eastern Kentucky edge rusher Noah Spence was a standout pass-rusher at Ohio State before positive tests for the party drug ecstasy led to him being kicked out of the program. At the Senior Bowl, teams interviewed Spence about his issues at Ohio State, and while he wouldn't name names, he said that he wasn't the only Buckeye player who was using ecstasy while partying. In speaking with sources at multiple teams, two of the players that teams suspect for that type of partying are defensive end Joey Bosa and running back Ezekiel Elliott.

To be clear, neither player had a positive drug test for ecstasy or molly (MDMA). However, Bosa was suspended for the opening game of the 2015 season. Ohio State didn't clarify the exact offense for the suspension, but Bosa told teams during the NFL Combine interviews that he was suspended because he refused to take a drug test. That counted as a positive and thus he was automatically slapped with the suspension.

Bosa told teams that he wouldn't take the test because he was going to test positive for adderall. He is said to have ADHD or ADD, so teams wouldn't have held that positive test for adderall against him and they feel he should have just gotten a prescription for the medication. Teams believe that Bosa knew he was going to test positive for worse drugs and that is why he refused to take the test. Bosa wouldn't admit to using ecstasy or molly, but he did admit that he likes to attend raves. He claimed that he likes going to raves for the "music," which teams found to be very questionable. Molly and ecstasy are common drugs used at raves.

At Ohio State, Bosa was a roommate with Ezekiel Elliott. Apparently, their shared place was a party destination, and Bosa told teams that he had to move out and get his own place to get away from all the parties that Elliott had going on. Sources say they suspect that Elliott was also using molly and ecstasy while parting. A number of Elliott's teammates in the Combine interviews told teams that Elliott was a partier, and a unique individual. They said they hung out with him some, but he rubbed some the wrong way. Sources from multiple teams said that Elliott didn't interview well at the Combine, while Bosa had mixed feedback. The skepticism of why he goes to raves and the refusal of the drug test bothered some evaluators.

Lastly, teams said they don't expect these concerns to have an impact on the draft stock of either player. They firmly expect Bosa to go in the top 10 and Elliott to be selected in the top 20. Sources don't believe either is a candidate to slide. Teams in the 20s expect Elliott to be long gone, while sources with the Titans have said that Bosa is still in the running for the No. 1 overall pick to Tennessee, but Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey is the current leader with the Titans (see below). While teams suspect Bosa and Elliott of using those drugs, they don't have view them as risks like Randy Gregory last year. Teams don't think that Bosa and Elliott are serious candidates to be landing suspensions and testing positive in the NFL. Thus, both should be high draft picks in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think Jerry is that batshit crazy to take dak in the 1st. I think before the DWI he was 3rd round pick but not after I think he will go in the late 4th to mid 5th but I would not pick him at all

JMHO
Trust me, I'm far from an expert on Prescott or College talent in general so not trying to say my opinion is right at all, just stating what I'm thinking. My thoughts are more based on belief in how this team has drafted lately. I have guys and positions I'd like to see us pick up, but I won't get upset regardless of who we pick. We have had some draft day blowups on these sites the last few years and ultimately the team was proven right each time. My issue with the Cowboys on draft day lately has been more with their seeming unawareness of draft day trade values and how they seem to be caught with their pants down if the guys they are targeting all get picked right before we get on the clock. But, our scouting reports seem to be pretty spot on in the first 2 or 3 rounds and really as good or better than anyone else in the league.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this. Makes you not want to pick any OSU or ex OSU player...They all seem to rat each other out. That is a poor character trait, but who knows if even true:

Teams Have Hard-Party Drug Concerns with Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott
Updated March 15, 2016
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Eastern Kentucky edge rusher Noah Spence was a standout pass-rusher at Ohio State before positive tests for the party drug ecstasy led to him being kicked out of the program. At the Senior Bowl, teams interviewed Spence about his issues at Ohio State, and while he wouldn't name names, he said that he wasn't the only Buckeye player who was using ecstasy while partying. In speaking with sources at multiple teams, two of the players that teams suspect for that type of partying are defensive end Joey Bosa and running back Ezekiel Elliott.

To be clear, neither player had a positive drug test for ecstasy or molly (MDMA). However, Bosa was suspended for the opening game of the 2015 season. Ohio State didn't clarify the exact offense for the suspension, but Bosa told teams during the NFL Combine interviews that he was suspended because he refused to take a drug test. That counted as a positive and thus he was automatically slapped with the suspension.

Bosa told teams that he wouldn't take the test because he was going to test positive for adderall. He is said to have ADHD or ADD, so teams wouldn't have held that positive test for adderall against him and they feel he should have just gotten a prescription for the medication. Teams believe that Bosa knew he was going to test positive for worse drugs and that is why he refused to take the test. Bosa wouldn't admit to using ecstasy or molly, but he did admit that he likes to attend raves. He claimed that he likes going to raves for the "music," which teams found to be very questionable. Molly and ecstasy are common drugs used at raves.

At Ohio State, Bosa was a roommate with Ezekiel Elliott. Apparently, their shared place was a party destination, and Bosa told teams that he had to move out and get his own place to get away from all the parties that Elliott had going on. Sources say they suspect that Elliott was also using molly and ecstasy while parting. A number of Elliott's teammates in the Combine interviews told teams that Elliott was a partier, and a unique individual. They said they hung out with him some, but he rubbed some the wrong way. Sources from multiple teams said that Elliott didn't interview well at the Combine, while Bosa had mixed feedback. The skepticism of why he goes to raves and the refusal of the drug test bothered some evaluators.

Lastly, teams said they don't expect these concerns to have an impact on the draft stock of either player. They firmly expect Bosa to go in the top 10 and Elliott to be selected in the top 20. Sources don't believe either is a candidate to slide. Teams in the 20s expect Elliott to be long gone, while sources with the Titans have said that Bosa is still in the running for the No. 1 overall pick to Tennessee, but Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey is the current leader with the Titans (see below). While teams suspect Bosa and Elliott of using those drugs, they don't have view them as risks like Randy Gregory last year. Teams don't think that Bosa and Elliott are serious candidates to be landing suspensions and testing positive in the NFL. Thus, both should be high draft picks in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Read more at WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill
The Cowboys just need to cover their own bases on these guys. There are real concerns in that article(nice find), but also a lot of unnamed sources and speculation as well. I saw where the Cowboys were bringing in Dak Prescott next week, despite the DUI he received last month. I think they have been high on that kid all along, and are really going to dot their I's on these kids. That being said, last years additions on Hardy and Gregory shows that talent trumps all for the Boys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't get too influenced by College kids actually using recreational drugs or partying. So the fact that it's only a possibility makes it even less worrisome. I mean with Bosa,,,he likes going to raves so he must be a drug addict??? It's a little weak. So like you said, you just need to cover all your bases and look into everything.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last years additions on Hardy and Gregory shows that talent trumps all for the Boys

Not so sure about that now Hardy is on the outside looking in and Mike Fisher Of 105.3 said the Cowboys are Livid that Gregory is suspended after the help he was given and the promises he made to the staff.

Not saying it has changed but we shall see if it is changing.

On Prescott I don't want him at all just don't think his talent overrides his poor decision making in the biggest interview of his life that he has been working toward for how many years ?

We all make mistakes I get that but come on with Millions on the line you cant call Uber or a Cab or a friend ?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I'm far from an expert on Prescott or College talent in general so not trying to say my opinion is right at all, just stating what I'm thinking. My thoughts are more based on belief in how this team has drafted lately. I have guys and positions I'd like to see us pick up, but I won't get upset regardless of who we pick. We have had some draft day blowups on these sites the last few years and ultimately the team was proven right each time. My issue with the Cowboys on draft day lately has been more with their seeming unawareness of draft day trade values and how they seem to be caught with their pants down if the guys they are targeting all get picked right before we get on the clock. But, our scouting reports seem to be pretty spot on in the first 2 or 3 rounds and really as good or better than anyone else in the league.

In years past there seamed to be more of a consensus on the top 15 in the mocks, this year their all over the place. My advice to us mock followers don't set you heart on you guy, this draft is gonna be fun to watch, and we'll be scrambling through our draft guided to see who each pick is. I can't wait.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best part....Dallas has the 4th pick in each round

two defensive guys in rounds one and two then the LA Tech runningback followed by Prescott with picks 3 & 4 would be OK by me...:thumb:
On paper that looks like a pretty good plan to me. Let's see what the team is thinking

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best part....Dallas has the 4th pick in each round

two defensive guys in rounds one and two then the LA Tech runningback followed by Prescott with picks 3 & 4 would be OK by me...:thumb:
I would be ecstatic with that scenario .I think Prescott could be Russell Wilson in a couple of years..I'd take that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In years past there seamed to be more of a consensus on the top 15 in the mocks, this year their all over the place. My advice to us mock followers don't set you heart on you guy, this draft is gonna be fun to watch, and we'll be scrambling through our draft guided to see who each pick is. I can't wait.
Yeah, it's so jumbled, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "reach" or two. Example would be the CB Hargreaves. I haven't seen him projected in the top 5, but he is generally considered just a tick under Ramsey, and maybe a better true corner .I wouldn't have a problem wit the Cowboys taking him