• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the #4 pick sets up great for Dallas if OT goes #1. Then Dallas can have one of either Ramsey, Wentz or Bosa no matter what else happens. It would also put them in position to trade back either to 6(SF looking for Goff) or with a team looking to get in front of SF for the QB. Dallas could still end up with Buckner or Jack or Elliott, while picking up an additional top 40 pick
I'd be happy with Buckner at 4 so if we could trade back a couple of spots and still get him that's gravy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott
  • Tony Pauline reports that a handful of teams had Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott graded as a second-day pick, but his recent DUI arrest will likely drop him back into the final day.
  • According to Pauline, NFL scouts have largely concluded Prescott will need “a ton of work” before he’ll be a starting quarterback in the NFL, even though he does have great athletic skills.
  • Pauline specifically points to mechanics, accuracy and ability to play in a multi-read NFL offense in the coming years as areas where Prescott will need to improve.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • According to Tony Pauline, the Cowboys “covet” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey, but believe he may not be available to them at no. 4 overall.
  • Pauline says that the Cowboys are presently targeting OSU DE Joey Bosa or RB Ezekiel Elliottas contingency options if Ramsey is gone by the time they’re on the clock.
  • However, sources have told Pauline that Dallas would consider trading down in round one, but want to remain ahead of the Giants at No. 10 overall.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • According to Tony Pauline, the Cowboys “covet” FSU DB Jalen Ramsey, but believe he may not be available to them at no. 4 overall.
  • Pauline says that the Cowboys are presently targeting OSU DE Joey Bosa or RB Ezekiel Elliottas contingency options if Ramsey is gone by the time they’re on the clock.
  • However, sources have told Pauline that Dallas would consider trading down in round one, but want to remain ahead of the Giants at No. 10 overall.
Big if, but If this is true it reminds me of how completely stupid Jerry and team are. Why the Hell does the public have to hear what they are thinking???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that Ramsey makes it to us at 4, he's the guy I think makes the most impact immediately
Not so sure about that. Seems a DL is an easier road to immediate impact. But Ramsey could be the most talented of the group and the best long term fit.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big if, but If this is true it reminds me of how completely stupid Jerry and team are. Why the Hell does the public have to hear what they are thinking???

Unless they are trying to send mixed signals to throw other teams off, IDK why they would show their cards. Maybe all this talk about no QB at 4 and coveting Ramsey is setting them up to go QB there at 4, but I still like Ramsey early and QB and RB later

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. Seems a DL is an easier road to immediate impact. But Ramsey could be the most talented of the group and the best long term fit.

Maybe not, but Ive seen DE's come into the league and not make a ton of impact early as well. I know arguments can be made against it, I just think he would help the secondary out quite a bit. We need upgrades there, I think DL could be ok with a little help but the secondary needs a lot of help

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but Ive seen DE's come into the league and not make a ton of impact early as well. I know arguments can be made against it, I just think he would help the secondary out quite a bit. We need upgrades there, I think DL could be ok with a little help but the secondary needs a lot of help
True it does depend on the player. We do rotate our DL a lot. Even an average DL would contribute. But I guess a top DB should certainly (we hope) start day 1.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is where a rookie can make the biggest impact PERIOD.

RB is the easiest position to make impact as long as they can block other than that the impact is as soon as the ball is in their hands

D line men take 1 -2 years to excel unless they are special

JMHO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
I've said before that I don't think Elliott would be a reach at 4. I think behind this OL, he's a 5 ypc, 1500 yards back. Best way to keep Romo healthy. If we could trade back a few spots, pick up a top 65-70 pick, and still get Elliott, it would be great. Of course, I'd be happy with Ramsey, Wentz, Buckner, Jack, Goff or Bosa as well. The nice part of picking #4

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is where a rookie can make the biggest impact PERIOD.

RB is the easiest position to make impact as long as they can block other than that the impact is as soon as the ball is in their hands

D line men take 1 -2 years to excel unless they are special

JMHO
Until he misses an assignment and sends your aging, fragile QB to the bench for the rest of the year...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said before that I don't think Elliott would be a reach at 4. I think behind this OL, he's a 5 ypc, 1500 yards back. Best way to keep Romo healthy. If we could trade back a few spots, pick up a top 65-70 pick, and still get Elliott, it would be great. Of course, I'd be happy with Ramsey, Wentz, Buckner, Jack, Goff or Bosa as well. The nice part of picking #4
regardless of who we like or dislike, that truly is the good part. Only 3 guys are off the board when we pick. So as long as we like at least 4 we are fine.

As far as Elliot goes, I don't see him as the 4th best player in the draft, but if the team loves him (or anyone) my theory is just take them. Don't do something stupid like trade back and think you will still get your guy. That's just a result of people looking at mocks and thinking "player A" is a value at 9, but not 4. That is a result of all these stupid mock drafts and I shake my head when I see people say that and they pretty much say it on a daily basis. That doesn't mean don't trade back, because I think trading back could work out great. BUT, you only trade back if you have multiple players you like (more than the number of spots you move back), if your goal is to convert one pick into a bunch of picks and/or if you just really don't like anyone that is sitting there that much.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of who we like or dislike, that truly is the good part. Only 3 guys are off the board when we pick. So as long as we like at least 4 we are fine.

As far as Elliot goes, I don't see him as the 4th best player in the draft, but if the team loves him (or anyone) my theory is just take them. Don't do something stupid like trade back and think you will still get your guy. That's just a result of people looking at mocks and thinking "player A" is a value at 9, but not 4. That is a result of all these stupid mock drafts and I shake my head when I see people say that and they pretty much say it on a daily basis. That doesn't mean don't trade back, because I think trading back could work out great. BUT, you only trade back if you have multiple players you like (more than the number of spots you move back), if your goal is to convert one pick into a bunch of picks and/or if you just really don't like anyone that is sitting there that much.
Exactly right. The way I would trade back is to take the number of players left at #4 that I would be happy to have there... Say it's Bosa, Jack, Buckner, Goff and Elliott....that means I could trade down to 8 and still get a guy I graded the same as 4. The key, of course, is whether or not the Cowboys have one player graded above everyone else at 4 or they have several with similar grades

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he misses an assignment and sends your aging, fragile QB to the bench for the rest of the year...
Thus the 2nd line as long as they can block

And romo could go down from anybody missing a block

Just saying

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need running back at 4. De, cb, qb. Get running back later rounds.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need running back at 4. De, cb, qb. Get running back later rounds.

All depends on the line of thinking, you take you could make a solid argument for all the positions and all would be valid

For me the order is QB RB DE CB at the point of future need and vs now impact
example if given the choice of lets say
Wentz Elliot Bosa Ramsey at 4 I would chose them just like that but you could make a argument for any of those listed and several others in any order and all could be right

4 gives the Boys lots of options

opinions aside they need to nail this Pick

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on the line of thinking, you take you could make a solid argument for all the positions and all would be valid

For me the order is QB RB DE CB at the point of future need and vs now impact
example if given the choice of lets say
Wentz Elliot Bosa Ramsey at 4 I would chose them just like that but you could make a argument for any of those listed and several others in any order and all could be right

4 gives the Boys lots of options

opinions aside they need to nail this Pick

Your right it should be a no Brainer to get an impact player at 4, but Mr. "I can outsmart other GM's" still makes me nervous.