• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows a lot more than I do, but I think he is wrong. Bosa was the best player on a team that churns out tons of NFL players, and was double and triple teamed almost every play, and was still dominant. I don't know what he's looking at

His biggest argument is he is a better against the run as opposed to a pure pass rusher. Broddaus has a hard on for Spence & says folks from OSU said he was the better pass rusher of the two while they were both @ OSU. Dane Bugler who also is on the draft show seems to agree with you. I value both their opinions so we shall see how it plays out....

Last edited:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree but then we have so many needs that he or hargreaves or jack or Ramsey would be smart and fill a real need

I doubt Hargreaves is in play, I read McClay doesn't like small CBs.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of needs and lots of players available to fill the needs just not enough picks to go around FA will hopefully show the way the Boys are leaning.
I still want a QB a DE RB CB LB SS it will be interesting to watch it all play out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of needs and lots of players available to fill the needs just not enough picks to go around FA will hopefully show the way the Boys are leaning.
I still want a QB a DE RB CB LB SS it will be interesting to watch it all play out.

FA will lead the way

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the list of needs. Get the best player available at any of those spots at 4 , and I will be ok.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont watch much college football outside of the tide rolling. I listen to Broddaus on the draft show & he seems to think that Bosa will be no more than a solid NFL player ala Greg Ellis. If that is true I would want a player better than that @ #4.
Well, he could be right, but this team would be a lot better with Ellis on it...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole bunch of lunch-pail type guys usually get the job done right without major mistakes a team could do lots worse than solid lunch-pail players

If all we got was 4 solid blue collar lunch-pail players in this Draft I would be estatic! That's 4 guys that can do their job and do it well without drama and BS. Hmmm that would be what Jason calls " the right kind of guys"
Yea I would settle for that if that's the definition of settling

:suds:

JMHO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole bunch of lunch-pail type guys usually get the job done right without major mistakes a team could do lots worse than solid lunch-pail players

If all we got was 4 solid blue collar lunch-pail players in this Draft I would be estatic! That's 4 guys that can do their job and do it well without drama and BS. Hmmm that would be what Jason calls " the right kind of guys"
Yea I would settle for that if that's the definition of settling

:suds:

JMHO
Sounds like someone learned a new word "lunch pail" :lol: Jason doesn't know the right kind of guy.. what has jason won??? Give me elite talent as long as they stay out of trouble off the field, I can deal with a little drama on it. A team of guys that just do their job is not going to win you a superbowl. They have to be much better then that. Charles Haley, Mike, Dion, etc.. type playes are needed on a team.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #4, I'd like to think we should come away with an impact player. However, you do want to err on the safe side when up this high and not fall in love with freakish athleticism and splash performances. Bosa was not spectacular in many games, but every game I caught of his, he was the one controlling the line. That is one guy I'd be okay with as long as our scouts are in agreement that he is a top 10 guy in this draft.

For the record, I like the Ramsey kid from FSU best. Also not a fan of taking a LB this high, unless he is a pass rushing force as well (Khalil Mack). Spence is that type, but then you have to deal with the same situations as Gregory.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like someone learned a new word "lunch pail" :lol: Jason doesn't know the right kind of guy.. what has jason won??? Give me elite talent as long as they stay out of trouble off the field, I can deal with a little drama on it. A team of guys that just do their job is not going to win you a superbowl. They have to be much better then that. Charles Haley, Mike, Dion, etc.. type playes are needed on a team.

That term is from Parcells if I remember correctly and I respectfully disagree with the your premise that those kind of guys cant win you a SB. Irvin was a lunch-pail guy in his work ethic, off the field well Mike has said he had issues. And Today Mike would have been suspended for who knows how long but that's a debate for another thread.

I am however as a Cowboys fan fed up with the off the field stuff.

Blue collar does not mean they don't have talent. But I stand by the "Lunch-pail" as the foundation, working pretty good on the OL finally. Find those type guys for the DL and the LB'ing corp is what I am talking about.

As far as Jason well he has not won anything and he has about 2 years to figure it out or he might be gone and we get to start over again.

Who knows that's why we have message boards so we can share our "opinion" about what the Boys should do.

JMHO

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That term is from Parcells if I remember correctly and I respectfully disagree with the your premise that those kind of guys cant win you a SB. Irvin was a lunch-pail guy in his work ethic, off the field well Mike has said he had issues. And Today Mike would have been suspended for who knows how long but that's a debate for another thread.

I am however as a Cowboys fan fed up with the off the field stuff.

Blue collar does not mean they don't have talent. But I stand by the "Lunch-pail" as the foundation, working pretty good on the OL finally. Find those type guys for the DL and the LB'ing corp is what I am talking about.

As far as Jason well he has not won anything and he has about 2 years to figure it out or he might be gone and we get to start over again.

Who knows that's why we have message boards so we can share our "opinion" about what the Boys should do.

JMHO
It was a parcells thing or at least ny media thing and I get what you mean. I wouldn't put Irvin in that group cause he was also a star. But you're right no one out worked him. The o line definitely in that group. Guys in that group are also low maintenance. That's a good thing too.
I agree the off the field stuff is getting old but it's today's pro sports.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I made a mistake last off season and started sipping some of the koolaid. I can't believe I thought the cowboys were close to contending. going into this off season I see the secondary as the weakest link. let's face it: we had a rookie as the best player. Jones was decent but not great. all of the others STUNK. I have decided if ramsey is thereally he is the guy at 4. If ramsey is gone then I draft Goff. Goff is underrated. he would be a star. I am confident he is not a bust

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else like the Cravens kid from Southern Cal? He is a SS/OLB tweener but has decent size at 6'1 225+. He's very heady and seems to be the most active one on the field. His problem lies in what his true position is in the NFL. He is calling himself a LB, played mostly that or box safety in dime in college. Needs to keep the play in front of him. Could cover slot WR or split ends. Would be out-manned if asked to cover downfield NFL WRs.

If he grows into his body, he could become a terrific OLB with his feel for the game. Lee could go back to playing more MLB if we can't resign Rolando. We have options, so I don't feel a need to get him, but I like this kid's play. Mock drafts have him pegged at the bottom of the second round currently. Could be a third rounder.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gut feeling that bosa is the pick. bosa is not watt,but nobody is . bosa is high motor with good agility and football smarts. then noah Spence at 34 and the pass rush is inproved. Robert nkmegie also in play at 34

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a great plan, how often does this work?

Jerry Jones envisions a Favre-Rodgers QB switch when Tony Romo retires

By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

March 2, 2016 12:54 pm ET

Piece by piece, Jerry Jones is unveiling his grand plans for the Cowboys' future quarterback situation. He's already embedded in our minds -- through the process of repetition -- that Tony Romo will thrive as the team's starter for the next five seasons. Now, Jones has revealed what he wants to happen five years from now when Romo is 40 and his collarbone has completely withered away.

Here's the simplest way to describe Jones' plan: Tony Romo is actually Brett Favre and their next quarterback is Aaron Rodgers. Not in the sense that Jones will try to engineer a trade for Rodgers within the next five years, though we should probably never say never, but in the sense that Jones wants the Cowboys to replicate how the Packers transitioned from Favre to Rodgers in the mid-2000s.

"You look at examples of Rodgers and you look at the example that he got to come in there and work behind Favre," Jones said, per ESPN's Todd Archer. "Rodgers came from a different system in college. He saw the most freewheeling successful quarterback there's ever been in this league. He saw that work. He added that to his game. It helped him become even more the type in that system than when he came in. Something like that could happen if we decided to go quarterback at some level. I emphasize that -- at some level."

USATSI_jones_3216.jpg
Jerry Jones is dreaming of drafting the next Aaron Rodgers. (USATSI)

The only problem (OK, not the only problem): The Cowboys don't have the next Rodgers on their roster, unless Kellen Moore magically transforms into a quality NFL quarterback. So, to remedy the situation, as Jones mentioned, the Cowboys will need to "go quarterback at some level."

As it stands, they hold the rights to the fourth pick in the draft, a position that might be high enough to nab either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz. That might seem like a waste of a draft pick when the Cowboys are planning on trotting out Romo for five more seasons, but if they really want to experience a seamless quarterback transition, then at some point they'll need to invest heavily in a quarterback of the future.

Keep in mind that the Packers didn't take a no-name, mid-round quarterback back in 2005. They used a first-round pick on Rodgers, who just happened to fall on draft day. Then, the Packers had the patience to sit a first-round talent for three seasons.

"If a player came in here and played behind him 3-4 years, he would come out with a Harvard degree in how to play quarterback, in my mind," Jones said. "He would be that influential. And it would open up an area of how to play the game that we all would agree has a certain unique style to it, Romo. Just like, say, Favre did with Rodgers. That's in my mind. That can be very impressionable and really be a big positive. So when I'm sitting there thinking about which way to go here, the ability to with Romo there and the ability to have a top talent learning behind that team and with Romo, it's a big asset."

So, finally, here's the obligatory sentence dedicated to the fact that the Romo-Favre comparison doesn't really work on a couple of levels. One, Favre and the Packers won a Super Bowl together -- something that's eluded Romo's Cowboys to this point. Two, the Packers were able to count on Favre in the later stages of his career because, deep down, he was actually Iron Man.

Romo is unquestionably positioned near the top of the quarterback leaderboard, but he is also unquestionably not Iron Man. He broke his collarbone twice last season and is now getting a plate surgically inserted to avoid future breaks (so I guess, in that sense, he actually kind of is Iron Man).

Romohurt-car.jpg
Can Romo, hurt here on Thanksgiving Day, even last another five seasons? (USATSI)

The point being, Jones wanting to replicate the Packers' quarterback succession plan is fine -- it's a dream worth having. But, in practice, it'll be tough, maybe even close to impossible, for the Cowboys to actually follow through on that plan. For the Cowboys to do that, they'll need Romo to play at a top level until he's 40 and they'll need to luck into the NFL's next great quarterback hope.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you have not seen the Cowboys defense.

Statistical wise they are middle of the pack, but when your offense is that bad, without Romo, it makes your defense look a lot worse than it actually is. Injuries doesn't help either. Trust me, I know. I'm a Browns fan :L