• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read this earlier today and still not sure if JJ is trying not to show his hand, or is attempting to give other teams in search of a QB in the draft, some hopes their guy will still be available. My guess at this point is if Bosa is there, thats the pick. I still think improving the secondary is of high importance. All things in context at this point, I think FA signings will answer some of our questions before the draft. We shall see how things unfold

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been said Bosa is sleeping in the draft Due to both his poor 40, and its been revealed that he's a bit of a party boy.

I would probably rather have Jack over Bosa based on his projection as a supposed all pro type talent (not my Words.

For Me: Goff, Elliot, Jack.
If we select Goff in the 1st We need to Go Henry2

If we Go Elliot then I hope we go QB Dak Prescott in the 2nd even if we have to trade back into the mid 2nd round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I could take two offensive players taken with our first two picks.
We would really have to love both players compared to what else is out there to do that. Based on our team makeup and the players available in this draft our draft-board should be screaming Defense right now...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's reasonable to think the #4 draft pick should play and be counted on to contribute (start)...with the right guy and dodging injury, no reason to not think he plays well and contributes in a positive way. Everything points defense and Ramsey (if there) is still that guy. I also think Jack could be that guy. all he needs is health to be a stud. I even can get behind Bosa at 4. Bosa is not spectacular but would be more than solid. I remain more about talent in the backend, so Ramsey, Hargreaves, Jack, Bosa would be my order at 4, and all would trump any offensive player on my board.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's reasonable to think the #4 draft pick should play and be counted on to contribute (start)...with the right guy and dodging injury, no reason to not think he plays well and contributes in a positive way. Everything points defense and Ramsey (if there) is still that guy. I also think Jack could be that guy. all he needs is health to be a stud. I even can get behind Bosa at 4. Bosa is not spectacular but would be more than solid. I remain more about talent in the backend, so Ramsey, Hargreaves, Jack, Bosa would be my order at 4, and all would trump any offensive player on my board.
I don't disagree with you, but if Romo stays healthy for the next to or 3 yrs we won't likely see an early pick for a while. I think If we believe there's a franchise QB to be had this is the draft to do it. Otherwise take Jack, Ramsey, or trade back and get Elliot.

My general point is man right now we have a once in a life time opportunity right now. I would rather us sign RG3 as a back up and take Jack in round 1 and Henry in round 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you, but if Romo stays healthy for the next to or 3 yrs we won't likely see an early pick for a while. I think If we believe there's a franchise QB to be had this is the draft to do it. Otherwise take Jack, Ramsey, or trade back and get Elliot.

My general point is man right now we have a once in a life time opportunity right now. I would rather us sign RG3 as a back up and take Jack in round 1 and Henry in round 2.

I 100%, absolutely agree. In the NFL you don't pass up a franchise QB. But and this is a huge but...you have to think the QB is that kind of player. We all know we need a QB, but I think one of the reasons you don't see a lot of fans calling for QB at 4 is we don't think any of these guys is going to be a great QB. The only guy I see with that kind of potential is Goff and I just don't feel strongly enough that he is that good. Now if you look at the defensive side of the ball there are a bunch of players that look like they could really help this team for years to come.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey or Jack or Bosa. That order. Dont trade back(barring crazy offer)

Ramsey and Jack are crazy talents and will be the best players from this draft. Ramsey is more of a sure thing because of injury. Id love a safety duo of Jones and Ramsey with both able to carry a te or play the slot.

Bosa if all else fails hed be really solid for us.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think If we believe there's a franchise QB to be had this is the draft to do it"

normally...YES, but this is jerry, and he's doing everything he can to win a super bowl before he dies.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that my choice for QB is Wentz if they decide to go QB. With that being said you could make a really strong case for taking Elliot at 4 or gambling a little and trading back to take Elliot.
Elliot is a 3 down back. He makes Romo's job easier and RB is one of the few "skill" positions on offense where a 1st round pick can make a instant contribution. Combo of Elliot and McFadden should be able to eat up minutes on the clock with a solid run game keeping our defense fresh and off the field. Tyler Irvin is a kid I would try to get if he goes undrafted out of San Jose state big and fast 2.

I know we have holes all over the Defense the line LB and secondary all need help . Zack Sanchez CB from Oklahoma would be a pick I would look at in the 2nd along with Karl Joseph SS. Sanchez is not the sexy pick that Ramsey or Hargreaves are but he is a ball hawk. Sanchez has 3 more interceptions than both combined last year for 7, Ramsey 0, Hargreaves 4. Not saying he is better but he is a solid player IMHO.

Joseph is a really good SS and would help shore up the secondary.

A guy could go on and on with other players at LB and DL.

We don't have enough picks to fix the defense if that was the complete focus of this draft. The UDFA's this draft are going to be a big part of the "patch" this year and I have confidence that Mcclay can find them and Jerry can sell them.

JMHO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that my choice for QB is Wentz if they decide to go QB. With that being said you could make a really strong case for taking Elliot at 4 or gambling a little and trading back to take Elliot.
Elliot is a 3 down back. He makes Romo's job easier and RB is one of the few "skill" positions on offense where a 1st round pick can make a instant contribution. Combo of Elliot and McFadden should be able to eat up minutes on the clock with a solid run game keeping our defense fresh and off the field. Tyler Irvin is a kid I would try to get if he goes undrafted out of San Jose state big and fast 2.

I know we have holes all over the Defense the line LB and secondary all need help . Zack Sanchez CB from Oklahoma would be a pick I would look at in the 2nd along with Karl Joseph SS. Sanchez is not the sexy pick that Ramsey or Hargreaves are but he is a ball hawk. Sanchez has 3 more interceptions than both combined last year for 7, Ramsey 0, Hargreaves 4. Not saying he is better but he is a solid player IMHO.

We don't have enough picks to fix the defense if that was the complete focus of this draft. The UDFA's this draft are going to be a big part of the "patch" this year and I have confidence that Mcclay can find them and Jerry can sell them.

JMHO

The only QB I'd want at 4 is Wentz, but I much prefer defense there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMHO

Have to see what the Boys do pre-draft before we decide. who do we cut and who do we sign in FA

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100%, absolutely agree. In the NFL you don't pass up a franchise QB. But and this is a huge but...you have to think the QB is that kind of player. We all know we need a QB, but I think one of the reasons you don't see a lot of fans calling for QB at 4 is we don't think any of these guys is going to be a great QB. The only guy I see with that kind of potential is Goff and I just don't feel strongly enough that he is that good. Now if you look at the defensive side of the ball there are a bunch of players that look like they could really help this team for years to come.

As bad a we need a QB that does make a lot of sense.

And besides the Cowboys QB of the future is a secondary concern for the moment. The back up is the true concern. The only way the draft helps with that is we use picks to make a deal.

Nobody comes to mind worthy of going down that road.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad a we need a QB that does make a lot of sense.

And besides the Cowboys QB of the future is a secondary concern for the moment. The back up is the true concern. The only way the draft helps with that is we use picks to make a deal.

Nobody comes to mind worthy of going down that road.
A lot of these guys are coming into the league ready to start or at least be the backup in year 1. But again, it comes down to picking the right guy. Who that is this year seems like the big question...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of the QB's I think Goff will be the best of this draft. (don't believe a franchise QB is in this draft) Really don't see us drafting a QB in the 1st. Would like to see a trade back some & get a draft pick & Elliott. A top RB would help the team especially if Romo goes down again. he is really the only offensive player I could see going after with our 1st pick in the draft. Really think if we stay at 4, it will be a defensive player drafted. If so I cant complain because I am certain it will be the top player of whatever position we choose. here's to hoping the scouting department doesn't misdiagnose these players.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of the QB's I think Goff will be the best of this draft. (don't believe a franchise QB is in this draft) Really don't see us drafting a QB in the 1st. Would like to see a trade back some & get a draft pick & Elliott. A top RB would help the team especially if Romo goes down again. he is really the only offensive player I could see going after with our 1st pick in the draft. Really think if we stay at 4, it will be a defensive player drafted. If so I cant complain because I am certain it will be the top player of whatever position we choose. here's to hoping the scouting department doesn't misdiagnose these players.

With Goff and Wentz you just don't what your really getting. That said, with our line you could say it's a good time to get a prototypical pocket passer. Like his draft card says ..with Wentz his size lets you immediately check a couple of boxes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If romo goes down, they just load box stop run with crappy back up Qb. Running back is down the list of needs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I could take two offensive players taken with our first two picks.
The only way that is even possible is if we trade down from #4 and end up with 3 picks in the first two rounds. I still think 2 would be defense

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Goff and Wentz you just don't what your really getting. That said, with our line you could say it's a good time to get a prototypical pocket passer. Like his draft card says ..with Wentz his size lets you immediately check a couple of boxes.
To me, the #4 pick sets up great for Dallas if OT goes #1. Then Dallas can have one of either Ramsey, Wentz or Bosa no matter what else happens. It would also put them in position to trade back either to 6(SF looking for Goff) or with a team looking to get in front of SF for the QB. Dallas could still end up with Buckner or Jack or Elliott, while picking up an additional top 40 pick