• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2019)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we have another, unofficial, minor league affiliate (from the team's transaction page):
5/7/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of 2B Will Maddox from Sugar Land Skeeters.
5/13/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of CF C.J. McElroy from Sugar Land Skeeters.
5/13/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of OF Courtney Hawkins from Sugar Land Skeeters.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we have another, unofficial, minor league affiliate (from the team's transaction page):
5/7/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of 2B Will Maddox from Sugar Land Skeeters.
5/13/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of CF C.J. McElroy from Sugar Land Skeeters.
5/13/19 San Francisco Giants selected the contract of OF Courtney Hawkins from Sugar Land Skeeters.

Wiki says:

"The Sugar Land Skeeters are an American professional baseball team located in Sugar Land, Texas. The Skeeters play in the Freedom Division of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, which is an independent league not affiliated with Major League Baseball."

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiki says:

"The Sugar Land Skeeters are an American professional baseball team located in Sugar Land, Texas. The Skeeters play in the Freedom Division of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, which is an independent league not affiliated with Major League Baseball."
Tell that to the Giants' FO.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting how they'd phrase that. Maybe they used to be affiliated with MiLB and they're still in their data base. They probably just signed all three.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how they'd phrase that. Maybe they used to be affiliated with MiLB and they're still in their data base. They probably just signed all three.
It is interesting because the phrasing is exactly the same as when the Giants purchase a contract from their minor league affiliates in order to add a player to the 40 man roster. I case that is technically the same, in the sense that the Giants' organization purchased these guys' contracts from Sugar Land but I swish that they would make a better distinction because not everyone who looks on that page will know the difference (then again, maybe only those who know the difference make it to that page in the first place).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting to see some of these names on full season rosters by now. Any one heard any injury news on the following?
Pitchers: Jamie Callahan, Michael Connolly, Mac Marshall, Patrick Ruotolo, Keyvius Sampson, John Timmins
Outfielders: Dalton Combs, Sandro Fabian, Ronnie Jebavy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting to see some of these names on full season rosters by now. Any one heard any injury news on the following?
Pitchers: Jamie Callahan, Michael Connolly, Mac Marshall, Patrick Ruotolo, Keyvius Sampson, John Timmins
Outfielders: Dalton Combs, Sandro Fabian, Ronnie Jebavy

I couldn't find anything after a quick look. Perhaps there are injuries. We'll see when the Arizona short season opens in June. That's where a lot of rehab happens.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't find anything after a quick look. Perhaps there are injuries. We'll see when the Arizona short season opens in June. That's where a lot of rehab happens.
Yup.

A couple of years ago, guys were placed on a 60 day dl for minor leaguers. Baseball America released a list of all guys, in all organizations, who were placed on that list and the minor league rosters showed some of them as well. I wish those websites would still do that. However, it seemed like a one year thing because I don't remember seeing it the year before or after.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

A couple of years ago, guys were placed on a 60 day dl for minor leaguers. Baseball America released a list of all guys, in all organizations, who were placed on that list and the minor league rosters showed some of them as well. I wish those websites would still do that. However, it seemed like a one year thing because I don't remember seeing it the year before or after.

Twitter use to be an excellent resource, surprisingly, for finding these things out (assuming you followed the right accounts). But ever since they crapped on the search functions, it's very difficult. You really have to dig, and even then stuff doesn't come up.

A search for a few of these guys (Fabian, Ruotolo, Marshall) showed that all are injured.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heliot Ramos has been activated off the MiLB IL
giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic:

On Saturday, the GreenJackets placed second baseman Orlando Garcia on the injured list. The Giants promoted 19-year-old second baseman Anyesber Sivira from extended spring training. He’s the first player born in the year 2000 to suit up for the GreenJackets.

Sivira signed with the Giants on July 2, 2016 out of Venezuela. He spent last season with the Arizona Rookie League Giants Orange squad, hitting .267/.367/.354. Sivira had two hits, including a double, in his Augusta debut on Sunday.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraging games from some of the lower-minor guys:

Sean Hjelle: 6.0, 4H, 3R, 1ER, 5K, 2BB in his Cal League debut

Blake Rivera: 5.0, 6H, 2R, 2 ER, 9K, 0BB in his last start (47Ks in 38.2 IP)

Jake Wong: 6.0, 3H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4K, 1 BB in his second Cal League start.

Reactions: LHG