• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Don't overpay Suh!" Do you watch football?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag him. If you can't then resign him, try to trade him. But don't just let him go as he hits his prime. If we must just let him go, let him go next year. Make the most of this window.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging him when he wants to leave doesn't asure a good season either, only for the fact he would still be playing contract in 2016. Now f you are speaking of the money from the tag. No GM should be a GM if he can not bring in two impact players for 36 million.

I agree with that first sentence. Disagree with the GM assessment. Just because a team has money doesn't mean there will be Free Agents that are desired, plus want to play for said team. If someone could show me a breakdown of 2015 FA's and a realistic chance we could sign them, I might have a different opinion. But for now, I would rather try to keep our same roster. If we could keep Suh without a large turnover, even if it only meant 1 more year, I would highly consider it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario by tagging him is he holds out, refuses to play, and we trade him to the Redskins for 19 first round picks and 37 5th round picks. Let them worry about his contract next year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that first sentence. Disagree with the GM assessment. Just because a team has money doesn't mean there will be Free Agents that are desired, plus want to play for said team. If someone could show me a breakdown of 2015 FA's and a realistic chance we could sign them, I might have a different opinion. But for now, I would rather try to keep our same roster. If we could keep Suh without a large turnover, even if it only meant 1 more year, I would highly consider it.

Sitting at work til 11 tonight. I can not look at FAs either. My problem was you just saying it can not happen.

You get 11 guys who execute their scheme. Those guys do not have to be world beaters. Avril looked ten times better than as a Lion. Why? ^^^^^

I get it that many of us love Suh. I do also. There are many stout defenses that do not have a Suh.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get equivalent players at cheaper values, sign me up.

But until then, I'd rather have Suh at $27 million, vs without him with a few bottom tier Free Agents

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots...12 straight 10 win seasons and 3 Superbowls. They would not overpay him. Thats the formula for winning consistently in the NFL. There is so much risk to a cap number and contract like that. If he gets hurt it can cripple your team for multiple seasons. Suh is awesome, he is more than that, he is the best. I would like to see him return, but at the right price.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots...12 straight 10 win seasons and 3 Superbowls. They would not overpay him. Thats the formula for winning consistently in the NFL. There is so much risk to a cap number and contract like that. If he gets hurt it can cripple your team for multiple seasons. Suh is awesome, he is more than that, he is the best. I would like to see him return, but at the right price.

When you have a HOF QB and coach you don't have to pay anyone else. We have neither.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reminds me why Mayhew sucks big floppy donkey dick as a GM.

A normal GM, one that isn't a fucking idiot, would just Tag Suh. No big deal. DT's, Kickers, Centers, TE's, none of em should be that big of a deal to tag. But not with this jackass we have handing out contracts, then re-doing 'em so he can hand out more to other guys on offense.

Suh will be our highest paid player on D, no matter who he plays for, by A LOT next year. Tully, the dude owed the second most, is gonna get cut. Wouldn't surprise me if the Suh money goes to bullshit on offense. A third, overpaid, middling running back. Or a third, butterfingered, overpaid, reached for TE. It'd make sense to be a FA Olineman who gets the money. But when was the last time Millenhew went after a pricey FA Olineman?

And I don't even want to hear it was Millen that left him with shit. Or that it was timing with rookie contracts. He had the same parking spot for all that crap.

Don't want to hear about his good late round picks and UDFAs either. Watched Willie get a sack again for CHI. Sammie Lee plays in a 3-4 in TN. Waddle blows. Fauria is pointless. Freese lost us games.... Fuck Mayhew. (Drops iPhone, steps off soap box)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty I call bullshit!! On the parking spot, that is. He moved one spot closer to the door.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammie Lee is also accused of sexual assault. That's a lot worse than anything Suh has ever done, including the stomp.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit!?!

How many rapists can the Titans stuff into a sinking ship?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag Suh, cut Tully, if Fairley's knee looks problematic let him go too. Take another shot at the North next year and worry about losing Suh after next year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cutting Fairly and Tully in no way makes up for the difference in what SUh will want. Who else do we cut?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that useless fullback? Reggie Bush? Broyles? Simms? The ghost of Pettigrew? Ravioli?

Who else doesn't make a bit a difference? (No idea who's contract is running out anyway from that group.)

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have a HOF QB and coach you don't have to pay anyone else. We have neither.

I don't think that we don't, necessarily. Staff's already got the makings, fastest to 20,000 yards, 5k season etc. Throw in 1 Super Bowl and hall of fame is certainly in the conversation.

Plus....I called Miss Cleo and she said hall of fame, so Im going with that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a pack a gum,..... some twizzlers, a bag of Funnions...... Couple Mountain Dews..... N how boutcha throw a Super Bowl inair too. And five bucks on pump Numba Nine!

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Tulloch would save 3.2 and Reggie 2.5. Both of those are very likely. Bush is frail. Unless he plays awesome in the (gulp...too soon)playoffs, he should be cut. Tulloch coming off a knee injury, Whitehead played well...gotta go with the young guy and save money. Based on the numbers I saw, there is really noone else worth cutting. Jason Jones would save 3.1, but he is invaluable.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I've come to my senses. We let Suh walk. That way we have money to sign some value Free Agents.

Kenny Britt will be available. We could probably give him $5 mil a year. He's never had a QB, and in this offense, if Calvin and Tate get hurt, he could put up a couple 100-yard games. Yea. That'd be money well spent.