• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Don't overpay Suh!" Do you watch football?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a better chance of making a long term deal then tagging him. Not sure he will want to stay when he can probably get way more money from a team like the Jags or Raiders. A 3-4 team that can move him to DE is his best bet. He would have more leverage negotiating to play DE then DT

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a better chance of making a long term deal then tagging him.

I actually agree. If it really is about money, then the Lions should be able to offer something above his best FA offer.

Concern there is will his agent factor in endorsement money Suh might be able to get playing for a more esteemed franchise?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a better chance of making a long term deal then tagging him. Not sure he will want to stay when he can probably get way more money from a team like the Jags or Raiders. A 3-4 team that can move him to DE is his best bet. He would have more leverage negotiating to play DE then DT

Im with ya on the longterm angle. And I don't think he hurts the Cap situation in the slightest with a 5 year deal in the Watt/McCoy range. (Slightest being an exaggeration. Sam Martin doesn't hurt the cap situation.)

But I don't think DE is his best bet to maximize salary. Edge Rush DE's are always a hot commodity but he'd never be that type of player. And great duel threat(pass rush/run stop) DE's don't get the same notoriety. Like Justin Smith. (Only he moved assignments in the opposite order to what Suh would be.). Even though Smith still gets ProBowl nods n all.

Suh has played DE in plenty of situations though. So whatever works to keep him here is fine by me. (That includes cutting CJ down the road.(after 2017 most likely) Cuz that's been a glaring assurity since the ink was dry on his deal, IMO.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. I was worried you had left.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya on the longterm angle. And I don't think he hurts the Cap situation in the slightest with a 5 year deal in the Watt/McCoy range. (Slightest being an exaggeration. Sam Martin doesn't hurt the cap situation.)

But I don't think DE is his best bet to maximize salary. Edge Rush DE's are always a hot commodity but he'd never be that type of player. And great duel threat(pass rush/run stop) DE's don't get the same notoriety. Like Justin Smith. (Only he moved assignments in the opposite order to what Suh would be.). Even though Smith still gets ProBowl nods n all.

Suh has played DE in plenty of situations though. So whatever works to keep him here is fine by me. (That includes cutting CJ down the road.(after 2017 most likely) Cuz that's been a glaring assurity since the ink was dry on his deal, IMO.)

If it means they cut Calvin now to keep Suh, I'm fine with that. God bless him, but he's not getting any younger or healing any faster. One is entering his prime while the other is passing it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, just didn't have Internet coverage in the BFE spot I was diggin' holes.

I left the Lions Board for the last time this summer.
I'll stay, stay and defend my rights to reach or straws on how Suh can/will/should stay.

image.jpg

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means they cut Calvin now to keep Suh, I'm fine with that. God bless him, but he's not getting any younger or healing any faster. One is entering his prime while the other is passing it.

I would rather have Suh than Calvin at this moment in time, but IMO if the option is to cut Calvin to be able to tag Suh, not a good idea. I think we owe Calvin $18 next year, $10 being dead money, so an estimate would mean itd cost $46 mil cap hit to tag Suh cut Calvin($36 for Suh, plus CJ dead money). $27 to keep Calvin let Suh walk. And most likely(being a realist) Suh would be gone after the year anyway. Gimme Calvin.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This regime has proven it can win without Calvin. With Suh, the D is that good. And Tate seems much better when Calvin is out, strange as that's been.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Suh than Calvin at this moment in time, but IMO if the option is to cut Calvin to be able to tag Suh, not a good idea. I think we owe Calvin $18 next year, $10 being dead money, so an estimate would mean itd cost $46 mil cap hit to tag Suh cut Calvin($36 for Suh, plus CJ dead money). $27 to keep Calvin let Suh walk. And most likely(being a realist) Suh would be gone after the year anyway. Gimme Calvin.

I mean cut Calvin if it means we sign Suh long term. Agree.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't want it to happen yet. Atleast not this coming up season. (Not for tagging or signing purposes, but for longterm sense, or to stay under the Cap with Staff and Suhs hypothetical deal in 2017 and 2018, yeah.) But I couldn't say the part from "God bless him..." Till the end, any better.

Larry Fitzgerald has a role as a less athletic possession receiver on account of his remarkable hands. CJ doesn't have that luxury to fall back. Physicality and athleticism seperate him from the pack. And those are the skills of a young man.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELMET.gif

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they outright cut Calvin this off season, I will be pissed. They signed Tate because we didn't have a 2. So now we wouldn't have a 2, and we are paying $16(Tate $6, Calvin $10) for a guy not as good as the other.

Say what you will about Megatron, he's still clearly the go-to guy on offense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, and that's part of Stafford's problem.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First home game next year. I'm going to leave you with scars to remember me by. Doubt you'll ever push another man to violence again.

Start training now.

Nope. tomorrow, 5 PM at the place named. I'll be there and take a photo.

Your words were "any time, any where". We all know you're just full of shit, but this is your chance to prove you're not.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your photo. Come back and have your fun now, Max. First home game. Parking lot of Whirleyball. I'll be there.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're back to the good stuff I see..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a day of the week.

(Not gonna lie, I was baiting Meow to post again. But not like this.)