• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was winning with Gasol.....a pretty good player, but not a star.

I think you misread my question. I asked what age was Kobe BETTER than LeBron? My thesis is LeBron has been a better player at every age. When Kobe was winning with Gasol, he was what around 31-2? LeBron was better at age 31-2 (4 years ago when he should have gotten FMVP in a loss). And 21-2. And every year in between.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better do everything they can to get AD. Butler, Lebron and the young crew is nice but Lebron, Butler and AD is damn good, defensively too

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You heard none of this universal condemnation of the Lakers front office before the season started.
Only one ESPN host criticized the Magic hire and he was straight up attacked for it.

And now everybody has gone in "protect Lebron mode" and blaming the Lakers front office for anything they can find.
It's as if Jeanie Buss herself was on the court and losing games.

Keep ignoring the elephant in the room.

Lebron is not Lebron anymore, except he is never accountable, (that never changes) and he is even more of a A-hole to teammates that don't want to play for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is not Lebron anymore, except he is never accountable, (that never changes) and he is even more of a A-hole to teammates that don't want to play for him.

27/8/8. 99% of the players in the history of the league would love to be declining like that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You heard none of this universal condemnation of the Lakers front office before the season started.
Only one ESPN host criticized the Magic hire and he was straight up attacked for it.

And now everybody has gone in "protect Lebron mode" and blaming the Lakers front office for anything they can find.
It's as if Jeanie Buss herself was on the court and losing games.

Keep ignoring the elephant in the room.

LOL so Lebron is accountable for this organization being run like shit. Look how they brought in? They brought in a bunch of one year rentals.

Yep almost 30, 8 and 8. We hear this EVERY SINCE year. We will see Lebron decline! It's time! And he just keeps getting better. He had one minor injury, he will be fine. His last 4 playoffs performances have been some of the best of all-time, I think you and others are just forgetting how dominate he is in the playoffs bc his team finally missed the playoffs. If the Lakers get some actual reliable players around him...watch out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so Lebron is accountable for this organization being run like shit. Look how they brought in? They brought in a bunch of one year rentals.

That has nothing to do with the organization at the top being shit. That was the fall-back plan when they didn't get George or Kahwi, and was done to preserve cap space moving forward a season. There were no "perfect FA signings" that would've impacted this team greatly to push them into the playoffs, given the injuries that occurred, once the mega stars were off the table.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep almost 30, 8 and 8. We hear this EVERY SINCE year. We will see Lebron decline! It's time! And he just keeps getting better. He had one minor injury, he will be fine. His last 4 playoffs performances have been some of the best of all-time, I think you and others are just forgetting how dominate he is in the playoffs bc his team finally missed the playoffs. If the Lakers get some actual reliable players around him...watch out.

Yeah, the roster the Lakers had last year was never the team that they were going to try to take down the Warriors with. Despite that, they were sitting in the #4 seed for the playoffs. Then the injuries started piling up.

2 things ruined the season, the injuries they had and the AD debacle. The injuries were by far the biggest factor. If not for them, the AD debacle likely doesn't happen.

Lebron's role in the mess is that he was one of the guys who got injured.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I don't know that...

Kobe wasn't that age trying to win titles for L.A. either...

and obtw, keep acting like LeClown's NOT declining...
You got the wrong guy, that ain't me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the roster the Lakers had last year was never the team that they were going to try to take down the Warriors with. Despite that, they were sitting in the #4 seed for the playoffs. Then the injuries started piling up.

2 things ruined the season, the injuries they had and the AD debacle. The injuries were by far the biggest factor. If not for them, the AD debacle likely doesn't happen.

Lebron's role in the mess is that he was one of the guys who got injured.
the stupid roster construction and incompetent front office was by far the biggest factor. When they were in the "4 seed" they were also like 2.5 games out of the 12th seed or something like ethat- everyone in the West was smashed together- a bad or good week could take you from 4th to 12th. The Lakers easy schedule and relative freshness of LeBron helped them early on, but when LeBron started wearing down from not having even 1 reliable guy playing next to him, he inevitable broke down- which is not surprising.

When you are 34, just played in a 100 game season, have played with AT LEAST 1, usually 2 all stars for the past decade, and then are thrown into the Western Conference, with a 21 year old underacheiving 2nd overall pick that got suspended for being a hot-head the first week of the season as your expected 2nd best scorer- you are going to wear down a LOT faster than if you have a Love or Irving or Wade or Bosh to rely on as your 2nd go-to-guy or, even 3rd guy.

The strain and responsibility LeBron had to bear from the faulty roster construction was as much cause of his injury as anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has nothing to do with the organization at the top being shit. That was the fall-back plan when they didn't get George or Kahwi, and was done to preserve cap space moving forward a season. There were no "perfect FA signings" that would've impacted this team greatly to push them into the playoffs, given the injuries that occurred, once the mega stars were off the table.
the whole coaching staff was wondering what the hell the team was doing by bringing in guys that A. couldnt shoot, and B. were headcases. Dude, its inarugable that me or you could ahve done a better job picking support players.

How the fuck hard is it to convince support players to come and play in LA with LeBron? Shit the Cavs got guys to come to CLEVELAND--- good team guys that could actually shoot the ball like Richard Jefferson.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole coaching staff was wondering what the hell the team was doing by bringing in guys that A. couldnt shoot, and B. were headcases. Dude, its inarugable that me or you could ahve done a better job picking support players.

How the fuck hard is it to convince support players to come and play in LA with LeBron? Shit the Cavs got guys to come to CLEVELAND--- good team guys that could actually shoot the ball like Richard Jefferson.

AGAIN, name the free agents the Lakers were supposed to sign last summer that would've made all this difference once George, Durant, and trading for Kawhi were off the table. It's easy to say they should've done better without naming any players were actually available via free agency at the time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point is, he had nothing to work with, it isn't his fault. I can see how he got frustrated at times, he used to make the Finals every year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN, name the free agents the Lakers were supposed to sign last summer that would've made all this difference once George, Durant, and trading for Kawhi were off the table. It's easy to say they should've done better without naming any players were actually available via free agency at the time.

They signed zero shooters and guys that didn't fit. The only good signing was McGee you could say. Not to mention all the mistakes they made pre-Lebron, that is a different topic though. Awful job by the F.O.