• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last week with the finals set to start and the Warriors being overwhelming favorites as they've been the last three years, the Lakers of course were hogging the headlines.

A lot of folks like to complain about all the haters this team has, but the fact is that a big chunk of it they've brought upon themselves. Magic Johnson, as one of our top ten players of all-time, needed to be smarter and not let some of this shit leak to the media.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last week with the finals set to start and the Warriors being overwhelming favorites as they've been the last three years, the Lakers of course were hogging the headlines.

A lot of folks like to complain about all the haters this team has, but the fact is that a big chunk of it they've brought upon themselves. Magic Johnson, as one of our top ten players of all-time, needed to be smarter and not let some of this shit leak to the media.
was on all morning before i went to work, but they get rating

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, it is pretty funny to see their humiliation.

I mean, the Cavs and Heat had crazy success with LeBron. The Lakers seem to stumble from one shit show to the next.

It all stems from ownership and Jeanie's insistence on hiring friends and former Lakers instead of building a real modern NBA organization.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone have your laughs. Lakers will be back in the playoffs next year. Houston is looking to blow things up, Warriors are losing Durant, etc. The West playoffs are going to be wide open, want to bet against Lebron?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone have your laughs. Lakers will be back in the playoffs next year. Houston is looking to blow things up, Warriors are losing Durant, etc. The West playoffs are going to be wide open, want to bet against Lebron?
i should hope they would be in the playoffs next year they have freaking LeBron James. Every other team that has had him hasnt been able to miss going to the championship. Getting out of the first round should be the VERY VERY VERY LEAST you manage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should hope they would be in the playoffs next year they have freaking LeBron James. Every other team that has had him hasnt been able to miss going to the championship. Getting out of the first round should be the VERY VERY VERY LEAST you manage.

Did you just argue that the only worthwhile player in Cavs history is Lebron? :trash:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just argue that the only worthwhile player in Cavs history is Lebron? :trash:

who's QUICKLY closing in on 35...

this feels WAY too much like the Kobe tour to me. BETTER get that high name FA this time around...

LeClown ain't doing it by himself, no matter HOW "superhuman" some of you cats might think he is...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they do have Lebron...he hadn't missed the playoffs for basically his whole career until the Lakers got a hold of him lolzz. The West didn't look that great in the playoffs compared to previous years. They could definitely be weaker next year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's QUICKLY closing in on 35...

this feels WAY too much like the Kobe tour to me. BETTER get that high name FA this time around...

LeClown ain't doing it by himself, no matter HOW "superhuman" some of you cats might think he is...

I'm not even concerned about getting him another title; I just want him to draw another max player or two to the Lakers that will still be in their prime as his contract ends. They could then add another in his place if he retires.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even concerned about getting him another title; I just want him to draw another max player or two to the Lakers that will still be in their prime as his contract ends. They could then add another in his place if he retires.

true...

that'd be some goo coming outta the situation...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their problem is that they're too damn arrogant to seek upper management help outside their organization. Sure, they might win a playoff series next year on the strength of the fact that they have LeBron James, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are one of the top ten most poorly operated basketball franchises at the moment, and one of the most dysfunctional ones currently in sports.

And do you really think a Vogel-coached team is ever going to compete for titles??? :laugh3:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their problem is that they're too damn arrogant to seek upper management help outside their organization. Sure, they might win a playoff series next year on the strength of the fact that they have LeBron James, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are one of the top ten most poorly operated basketball franchises at the moment, and one of the most dysfunctional ones currently in sports.

And do you really think a Vogel-coached team is ever going to compete for titles??? :laugh3:
worst front offices in the NBA, are, in some order

-Lakers- had like 5 years to clear cap space and gather assets to surround LeBron with talent and just did a crappy job
-Wizards- i mean, they have just been so bad for so long at making decisions
-honestly the Twolves have squandered a lot of talent and assets and cap space
-Suns have been just terrible for so long- and i mean they have talent beecause they have high picks but how many actual good moves have they made?
-Magic are not good but have been doing better lately - at least they were smart enoguh to fire Vogel
-

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it is pretty funny to see their humiliation.

I mean, the Cavs and Heat had crazy success with LeBron. The Lakers seem to stumble from one shit show to the next.

It all stems from ownership and Jeanie's insistence on hiring friends and former Lakers instead of building a real modern NBA organization.

Yup. Jeanie is going to ruin Lebron's last years in the NBA.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst front offices in the NBA, are, in some order

-Lakers- had like 5 years to clear cap space and gather assets to surround LeBron with talent and just did a crappy job
-Wizards- i mean, they have just been so bad for so long at making decisions
-honestly the Twolves have squandered a lot of talent and assets and cap space
-Suns have been just terrible for so long- and i mean they have talent beecause they have high picks but how many actual good moves have they made?
-Magic are not good but have been doing better lately - at least they were smart enoguh to fire Vogel
-

I'd probably sub the Magic with the Pistons (who are mired in mediocrity with limited cap flexibility and draft assets in addition to a retread coach) and this list is just about right...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a paid PR firm for Lebron.

They need to hammer away at the Lakers so as to keep any blame anyway for the player that is called the King
They very King who played 60 games and got the Lakers just 2 more wins than last year.