• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to do something to take your mind off of how the Thunder aren't ever winning a title with Westbrook.

Never placed a bet on the Thunder, ever.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Vogel, he used his time off as a "sabbatical" of sorts. He says he'll have them working on their offense, perimeter game, etc.

We'll see. Coaches who change with the game, tend to stick around, those who don't, don't stick around. So, if he hasn't evolved his offense, he won't be around long.

Your opinion doesn't really hold any weight because you have a history of trashing people who leave your team, no matter how they leave.

Heck, you wished injury on a player for leaving your team even after he gave them a years notice.

And what does this have to do with, well....anything? Yes, Pelinka got hired in part because Kobe vouched for him. Kobe said he works hard and will put in the hours. So far, he has done that.

Have their been mistakes...yes. He's green and learning the job as he goes. I was hoping they'd keep Mitch Kupchak as an advisor or hire an experienced guy to act as an advisor. But they didn't, so we get to see Pelinka learn the job while doing the job.

But, like Vogel, he'll either do the job, or he'll be replaced.

Paul George was a quitter and an excuse-maker, and got the reception he deserved from our fan support. It's water under the bridge at this point, and Lance Stephenson is far more likely to have his jersey retired by the Pacers, which is saying something.

FYI, Vogel didn't actually leave the Pacers, he simply didn't have his contract renewed. Even though we were technically the #7 seed in 2016, we had blown some big leads in that series vs Toronto. I had called for his dismissal at the time due to our complete lack of offensive flow that series.

Hell, even Bird, still our team president at the time, had even said he wanted to see us score more...

Vogel has always been well-spoken even with the Pacers, but a lot of it was, in fact, lip service.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George was a quitter and an excuse-maker, and got the reception he deserved from our fan support. It's water under the bridge at this point, and Lance Stephenson is far more likely to have his jersey retired by the Pacers, which is saying something.

lol

The butthurt is real...even still.

If they would really be more likely to retire Lance's jersey over PG's, then it's clearly not "water under the bridge".

Water under the bridge is why Shaq has a statue outside Staples despite how he left.

FYI, Vogel didn't actually leave the Pacers, he simply didn't have his contract renewed. Even though we were technically the #7 seed in 2016, we had blown some big leads in that series vs Toronto. I had called for his dismissal at the time due to our complete lack of offensive flow that series.

Yeah, he left. Whether it was it was his choice or not, he left.

Yeah, I always thought he was a solid coach, but was never impressed with his offense. Hopefully, he learned and has adjusted his coaching style and system.

If he has, he could probably be the Lakers coach for a long time. If he hasn't, he won't be around long. Lebron will have his ass shipped before the end of next season. lol

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The butthurt is real...even still.

If they would really be more likely to retire Lance's jersey over PG's, then it's clearly not "water under the bridge".

Water under the bridge is why Shaq has a statue outside Staples despite how he left.

Yeah, he left. Whether it was it was his choice or not, he left.

Yeah, I always thought he was a solid coach, but was never impressed with his offense. Hopefully, he learned and has adjusted his coaching style and system.

If he has, he could probably be the Lakers coach for a long time. If he hasn't, he won't be around long. Lebron will have his ass shipped before the end of next season. lol

So, we have to make a statue of the guy to prove that our fan base has move past him??? :scratch:

That's fucking retarded...He's never won anything except an MIP award. By that logic we need to be hanging a statue of Jalen Rose in downtown Indianapolis...

The vast majority of Pacers fan couldn't give a shit about Paul George at this point. Hell, they didn't even care enough to boo him in our March meeting when Wes Matthews beat OKC for the game-winner.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we have to make a statue of the guy to prove that our fan base has move past him??? :scratch:

Of course not. But if he was a good enough player to have his number retired, it should be.

I'm thinking you don't quite grasp what water under the bridge means.

Shaq has a statue because he and the Lakers settled their differences. That's water under the bridge.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you like your turn/my turn offenses, because that's just about all he ran in crunch situations with the Pacers. In six seasons here, our offense ranked higher than 20th one time in six seasons with him as coach. And Dan Burke had a lot to do with our defenses those years.

Not only, but Vogel has been fired by one other team since. I wouldn't be overconfident that he's evolved at all.

And let's be honest, the Pelinka hire had a lot to do with him being Kobe Bryant's former so-called super agent and hope that Kobe would join the FO in some capacity...

I doubt they were counting on Kobe, as he has shown no interest in such a role. Super-competitive types like that rarely work in coaching or front office roles, as they expect too much of everyone else.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you aren't betting on the Thunder making it any further....

As i have said, never bet a dime on the Thunder. I will continue to capitalize on the line being wrong on every laker game though because Vegas knows laker fans are suckers.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i have said, never bet a dime on the Thunder. I will continue to capitalize on the line being wrong on every laker game though because Vegas knows laker fans are suckers.
Is that a real thing? Do the Lakers cover the spread noticeably less than other teams?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN always goes after the drama and right now the Lakers are all drama.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never bet on anything (other than the occasional dollar or two on a lottery ticket), unless you want to count the low stakes fantasy football leagues I'm in (nothing higher than a $50 ante).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a real thing? Do the Lakers cover the spread noticeably less than other teams?

Just saying in the past there has been built in value betting against the Lakers and betting the under in their games. Vegas knows their customers, no different than in football with teams like OU. It’s not as pronounced as it was when the Lakers were good but as they get better it will become more of a factor again.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's QUICKLY closing in on 35...

this feels WAY too much like the Kobe tour to me. BETTER get that high name FA this time around...

LeClown ain't doing it by himself, no matter HOW "superhuman" some of you cats might think he is...

Except, James at 35 is better than Kobe at 35.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Vogel? He took an inherited .390 Pacers team to the playoffs all 4 years, including back to back ECF appearances. He lost to Lebron (with the Heat), whom he's now coaching, in the last 3 of those 4 years. That's like criticizing the Rockets for losing to the Warriors year after year. He has Lebron, either multiple young players to continue to develop (or package for Beal or AD), the #4 pick, and $40M+ in cap space to improve this team (so long as Pelinka doesn't screw it up).

Vogel could turn out to be a very good hire.