• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their problem is that they're too damn arrogant to seek upper management help outside their organization. Sure, they might win a playoff series next year on the strength of the fact that they have LeBron James, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are one of the top ten most poorly operated basketball franchises at the moment, and one of the most dysfunctional ones currently in sports.

And do you really think a Vogel-coached team is ever going to compete for titles??? :laugh3:

YOU thought he could at one point, fat ass... :pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their problem is that they're too damn arrogant to seek upper management help outside their organization. Sure, they might win a playoff series next year on the strength of the fact that they have LeBron James, but it still doesn't change the fact that they are one of the top ten most poorly operated basketball franchises at the moment, and one of the most dysfunctional ones currently in sports.

And do you really think a Vogel-coached team is ever going to compete for titles??? :laugh3:

Why can't Vogel? He took an inherited .390 Pacers team to the playoffs all 4 years, including back to back ECF appearances. He lost to Lebron (with the Heat), whom he's now coaching, in the last 3 of those 4 years. That's like criticizing the Rockets for losing to the Warriors year after year. He has Lebron, either multiple young players to continue to develop (or package for Beal or AD), the #4 pick, and $40M+ in cap space to improve this team (so long as Pelinka doesn't screw it up).

The Lakers made their GM hire (which I didn't like either). Lakers created the PBO position for Magic; they never had that position previously. It did make sense to have someone there with Pelinka being so green, but that combo was not what they needed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a paid PR firm for Lebron.

They need to hammer away at the Lakers so as to keep any blame anyway for the player that is called the King
They very King who played 60 games and got the Lakers just 2 more wins than last year.

Anything Lakers is big news.
Anything Lebron is big news.
Anything Lakers and Lebron is huge news.

What is surprising?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last week with the finals set to start and the Warriors being overwhelming favorites as they've been the last three years, the Lakers of course were hogging the headlines.

A lot of folks like to complain about all the haters this team has, but the fact is that a big chunk of it they've brought upon themselves. Magic Johnson, as one of our top ten players of all-time, needed to be smarter and not let some of this shit leak to the media.
Magic Johnson is the one being an asshole to the general public. About Jeanie Buss who he claims is a best friend. Tell him to STFU And see how far that goes. And now we find out that Rich Paul actually complained to the commissioner about Luke Walton In addition to the player tampering he volunteered to do for LeBron. And the Lakers weren't any better then before.:gaah:, signing Lebron was a mistake, but it can be fixed this summer with some luck

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Vogel? He took an inherited .390 Pacers team to the playoffs all 4 years, including back to back ECF appearances. He lost to Lebron (with the Heat), whom he's now coaching, in the last 3 of those 4 years. That's like criticizing the Rockets for losing to the Warriors year after year. He has Lebron, either multiple young players to continue to develop (or package for Beal or AD), the #4 pick, and $40M+ in cap space to improve this team (so long as Pelinka doesn't screw it up).

The Lakers made their GM hire (which I didn't like either). Lakers created the PBO position for Magic; they never had that position previously. It did make sense to have someone there with Pelinka being so green, but that combo was not what they needed.
I mean dude,

You gotta admit, the Lakers have been bad for years now and have had so much time to collect assets and gather cap space, and considering they are in LA, with that draw, and have had so much time to position themselves, you cant come to any other conclusion that they have done a terrible job- and that starts at the top with Jeanie who has been in charge since her father passed away.

This is obviously a huge offseason, but any other front office, with the draw of LA, the #4 pick, LeBron, cap space, etc....I would EXPECT nothing less than a monster offseason with all they have going for them and all the cap space/assets they have gathered over a what? 6-7 year skid of not having won a playoff game?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN and the Lakers are horrible

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN and the Lakers are horrible

"the lakers are horrible" --:yes:

If you ignore all the bizarre (and funny) in-house issues w/ the Lakers right now & the last 6 years missing the playoffs they're in great shape.

Last time the Lakers had a winning record & went to the playoffs was the '12-'13 season. They had 3 coaches that year. Mike Brown (1-4), Bernie bickerstaff (4-1) & Mike D'Antoni (40-32).:pound:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last week with the finals set to start and the Warriors being overwhelming favorites as they've been the last three years, the Lakers of course were hogging the headlines.

A lot of folks like to complain about all the haters this team has, but the fact is that a big chunk of it they've brought upon themselves. Magic Johnson, as one of our top ten players of all-time, needed to be smarter and not let some of this shit leak to the media.
Overwhelming favorites LOL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU thought he could at one point, fat ass... :pound:
The Lakers do NOT need to replace Magic Johnson - The dude didn't do that good any way and only time will tell if he set the Lakers back from recovery several more years -I hope not.

The bottom line for those that don't follow the Lakers and are stupid to do their research(remind you of the op?) Dr Jerry Buss wanted Jeanie to be on the business side and Jim on the Sports side. It was his desire that his kids work together as a family, but ultimately gave complete control to Jeanie who was quite capable of doing Jim Buss' job, but back off to honor her dad's wishes. The bottom line is when that turned out to be a disaster - she shipped Jim Buss' ass out of there(much like you would like to do to some in here:lol:, but I'm not saying any names)

So the bottom line is - Jeanie knows what she is doing in spite of the fact that Rob Pelinka is not well liked

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a message for those that continue to slam the Lakers and knocking them

:finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth, if @HurricaneDij39 is tired of hearing about the Lakers, use the remote to turn to another channel when they are flapping their guns. NO ONE is forcing you to listen, or mute the tv

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cane is still upset that his Lakers fan application got rejected.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stephen A Smith still working for ESPN?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope you like your turn/my turn offenses, because that's just about all he ran in crunch situations with the Pacers. In six seasons here, our offense ranked higher than 20th one time in six seasons with him as coach. And Dan Burke had a lot to do with our defenses those years.

Not only, but Vogel has been fired by one other team since. I wouldn't be overconfident that he's evolved at all.

And let's be honest, the Pelinka hire had a lot to do with him being Kobe Bryant's former so-called super agent and hope that Kobe would join the FO in some capacity...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone have your laughs. Lakers will be back in the playoffs next year. Houston is looking to blow things up, Warriors are losing Durant, etc. The West playoffs are going to be wide open, want to bet against Lebron?

Yes, yes I do. And will.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you like your turn/my turn offenses, because that's just about all he ran in crunch situations with the Pacers. In six seasons here, our offense ranked higher than 20th one time in six seasons with him as coach. And Dan Burke had a lot to do with our defenses those years.

Not only, but Vogel has been fired by one other team since. I wouldn't be overconfident that he's evolved at all.

According to Vogel, he used his time off as a "sabbatical" of sorts. He says he'll have them working on their offense, perimeter game, etc.

We'll see. Coaches who change with the game, tend to stick around, those who don't, don't stick around. So, if he hasn't evolved his offense, he won't be around long.

Your opinion doesn't really hold any weight because you have a history of trashing people who leave your team, no matter how they leave.

Heck, you wished injury on a player for leaving your team even after he gave them a years notice.

And let's be honest, the Pelinka hire had a lot to do with him being Kobe Bryant's former so-called super agent and hope that Kobe would join the FO in some capacity...

And what does this have to do with, well....anything? Yes, Pelinka got hired in part because Kobe vouched for him. Kobe said he works hard and will put in the hours. So far, he has done that.

Have their been mistakes...yes. He's green and learning the job as he goes. I was hoping they'd keep Mitch Kupchak as an advisor or hire an experienced guy to act as an advisor. But they didn't, so we get to see Pelinka learn the job while doing the job.

But, like Vogel, he'll either do the job, or he'll be replaced.