• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you still think Matt Ryan is "elite"?

hmmmm

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of elite QBs playing today is mighty short to me
Brady
Rogers
Brees

These 3 have sustained excellence. I can't see how you would put any other QB in their class

So just to clear things up Flacco isn't elite right? Just wanted to make sure you didn't leave him off your list accidentally.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt-Ryan-Sacked-2.jpg

That's one of the better Sanchez impersonations I've ever seen.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So just to clear things up Flacco isn't elite right? Just wanted to make sure you didn't leave him off your list accidentally.[/QUOTE
LOL!
I thought about adding one more but I couldn't decide between Flacco and Cutler so I said fukkit and kept it at 3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Rogers
Brees

These 3 have sustained excellence. I can't see how you would put any other QB in their class

I think at one point the "elite" list had 5 guys...Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ben, and Rodgers...I agree the list should be 3 now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at one point the "elite" list had 5 guys...Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ben, and Rodgers...I agree the list should be 3 now.

I honestly think all 4 of those current QBs should be on the elite list. Brees, Ben, Brady and Rodgers have all played at that elite level for a while now. Ben obviously being the weakest link of the four, but he's still put up those stats. Him being injured has hindered his stats the last 2 years, but I don't think that should be held against him. He missed 4 games in 2015 and still passed for nearly 4,000 yards. 2014 was probably his best year.

I've always wondered whether the team success takes away from the elite status? For instance, Philip Rivers. The Chargers haven't done much of anything in a while, yet Rivers has played every game since 2006 and has thrown for over 4,000 yards in 8 of the last 9 years and has been one of the most accurate QBs since 2006. He doesn't get the elite praise. Why do we think that is? I personally don't think he's elite, but with his stats being to steady and consistent, does the lack of playoff wins and championships hinder that? Another example, Drew Brees has the stats 110%, but the Saints have been 7-9 each of the last 3 years and have been to the playoffs once since 2012. For a QB as good as Brees is, does the success of the Saints, of lack thereof, hinder the way he's look at when ranking QBs?

Matt Ryan had a career year last year and the elite talk didn't come up with him until last year. Is it because of the one good season? Because when the Falcons were 4-12 and 6-10, no one was talking about Matt Ryan being elite. But now that the Falcons went to the Super Bowl, he's elite? IDK.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure as hell isn't this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think all 4 of those current QBs should be on the elite list. Brees, Ben, Brady and Rodgers have all played at that elite level for a while now. Ben obviously being the weakest link of the four, but he's still put up those stats. Him being injured has hindered his stats the last 2 years, but I don't think that should be held against him. He missed 4 games in 2015 and still passed for nearly 4,000 yards. 2014 was probably his best year.

I've always wondered whether the team success takes away from the elite status? For instance, Philip Rivers. The Chargers haven't done much of anything in a while, yet Rivers has played every game since 2006 and has thrown for over 4,000 yards in 8 of the last 9 years and has been one of the most accurate QBs since 2006. He doesn't get the elite praise. Why do we think that is? I personally don't think he's elite, but with his stats being to steady and consistent, does the lack of playoff wins and championships hinder that? Another example, Drew Brees has the stats 110%, but the Saints have been 7-9 each of the last 3 years and have been to the playoffs once since 2012. For a QB as good as Brees is, does the success of the Saints, of lack thereof, hinder the way he's look at when ranking QBs?

Matt Ryan had a career year last year and the elite talk didn't come up with him until last year. Is it because of the one good season? Because when the Falcons were 4-12 and 6-10, no one was talking about Matt Ryan being elite. But now that the Falcons went to the Super Bowl, he's elite? IDK.

Ben hasnt been in the category of Rodgers/Brady/Brees for a long time now, those days are ovah

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben hasnt been in the category of Rodgers/Brady/Brees for a long time now, those days are ovah

Eh, idk. I know it's my bias talking, but Ben and the Steelers are coming off a season where they went to the AFC title game. Granted, this year, Ben doesn't look all that good, but without Ben under center, the Steelers are not the team they are right now. But like the question I posed, doesn't team success factor somewhere when calling a QB elite?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben has kept the Steelers relevant thru the transition on DEF, he certainly had some elite seasons. Now...while Ben is still very capable, imo he's just outside of elite...if you take either of Ben's top two weapons away and he will struggle to win games, I would go as far as saying the way Haley's OFC is, take Bell or AB away and PIT is not a playoff team and his passing stats would suffer.

Gronk and Nelson are great, but are almost routinely hurt and miss games...yet Rodgers and Brady continue to produce and win games when they're out. When Ben had bad to terrible OLs and extended plays and owned 3rd down I think he made WRs look better and played more on an elite level.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, idk. I know it's my bias talking, but Ben and the Steelers are coming off a season where they went to the AFC title game. Granted, this year, Ben doesn't look all that good, but without Ben under center, the Steelers are not the team they are right now. But like the question I posed, doesn't team success factor somewhere when calling a QB elite?

Ben was a pretty bad QB away from home last season

This is not the first season in which it looks like the wheels are coming off

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Rogers
Brees

Ben is in there for me as well.

Nobody else is even knocking on the door.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A football season is a small sample size.

Same tier as Flacco and Cam.