• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the 49ers make a deal with the Devil & trade for Revis?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A year next year like he came on at the end of the season and he will be demanding it. You wait and see.

And I hope Baalke is smart enough to whisper "McCloughan should have taken Brian Orakpo" before he tells Crabby to go eat a big ol' bag of 'em.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I hope Baalke is smart enough to whisper "McCloughan should have taken Brian Orakpo" before he tells Crabby to go eat a big ol' bag of 'em.

I don't think you all will be able to afford to let him go unless you develop another big time WR quickly. And AJ Jenkins doesn't seem to be it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think you all will be able to afford to let him go unless you develop another big time WR quickly. And AJ Jenkins doesn't seem to be it.

True, but that's all the more reason why the Niners need to sign Mike Wallace.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't lose anyone. Didn't you read my post just above this one? And Wallace will get paid. No one gave it to him last year because they would have had to give up a 1st round pick as well. No one wanted to do that. He will get big bucks this offseason.

Opinion stated as a fact again. Lets wait and see how much money he gets after a sub 900 yard season and a holdout. I would bet that he won't make near what he wanted last year.

Yeah, the Ravens could lose people. They couldlose Boldin, Jones and Kruger along with Reed and Lewis. They can't sign everyone and Flacco.

Ravens could return younger to defend title - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Ravens will soon face tough decision on Anquan Boldin | ProFootballTalk

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not entirely true. Nobody wanted to give up that much money PLUS a first round pick. That's different.

Or was it a first & a third?

Once again, we will wait and see what happens but I have serious doubts that anyone will give him top receiver money after a down season and holdout.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Two words describe why the Ravens will be ok: Ozzie Newsome.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Once again, we will wait and see what happens but I have serious doubts that anyone will give him top receiver money after a down season and holdout.

You keep saying "holdout," but doesn't every restricted free agent who's worth a big contract do the exact same thing?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wait and see. They will bring back Boldin, Jones, and Flacco. Lewis and Reed probably not, but we pretty much knew they wouldn't be back next year anyways. Kruger isn't needed IMO. They have Suggs and Upshaw. Kruger probably won't be back and isn't needed.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words describe why the Ravens will be ok: Ozzie Newsome.

Ozzie is good but no one is that good. They can't afford to hold onto everyone. Jones, Kruger, Boldin and Reed are all in danger of being gone and possibly multiple players on that list.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying "holdout," but doesn't every restricted free agent who's worth a big contract do the exact same thing?

Not EVERYONE restriced free agent holds out, no. But that doesn't make it any better.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wait and see. They will bring back Boldin, Jones, and Flacco. Lewis and Reed probably not, but we pretty much knew they wouldn't be back next year anyways. Kruger isn't needed IMO. They have Suggs and Upshaw. Kruger probably won't be back and isn't needed.

How? They are 5 million over the cap right now and Flacco is going to get an enormous contract. The math just doesn't add up, I don't see any way they are able to hold onto those guys AND sign Flacco. As for Kruger, he did more in the pass rush than either Suggs or Upshaw, neither one of them really scares me as a pass rusher.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not EVERYONE restriced free agent holds out, no. But that doesn't make it any better.

I don't remember the last time any big free agent who was restricted signed a 1 year tender before training camp. If you can think of one, do share.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the last time any big free agent who was restricted signed a 1 year tender before training camp. If you can think of one, do share.

I don't know about BIG RFA, but I know that not every RFA holds out. It still doesn't make it any better.

Anyway, I'm out for the night. Bed time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ony the RFAs with no chance of getting a long-term contract sign their tenders before training camp. I'd do the exact same thing if I were Wallace. Get the money while the gettin's good 'cause the NFL will simply cut you if you're not good enough any more. He was under no contractual nor moral obligation to do anything.

This is almost like the people who said Barry Sanders "betrayed" the Lions by retiring.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ravens can win their division again next year, and I would bet they would be in the playoffs, but with the AFC having the Patriots, Broncos, Texans I highly doubt the Ravens will get by them again this year.

Don't forget the Ravens have been a perennial playoff team for the last 5 years losing out to the Pats, Colts, Steelers every year, and they've been a playoff team 9 out of the last 13 years going back to 2000.

Flacco has the most road wins in the playoffs in NFL history.

I feel like this playoff experience definitely helped them last Sunday.

I think the 49ers team can start a playoff run similar to the Ravens run.