• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the 49ers make a deal with the Devil & trade for Revis?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted DeSean Jackson in the draft and we picked fucking Jerome Simpson.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here is willing to pay Revis 14 million a year, that is ridiculous. I haven't even seen anyone say they would be willing to carry his current number. The Revis trade would require a huge pay decrease.

I'm not more willing to pay Revis high dollar than I am for Wallace. We are a Superbowl team and I wouldn't break up what we have for either of them.

Where have you been at then? Revis said his starting negotiating position was 16 mil a year. He won't go under 14 mil a year guaranteed.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you have no idea if Revis will be the same at 28, coming off of ACL surgery, not having played in a full year. That is a pretty big risk, especially paying a man 14-18 mil a year and giving up picks for him.

I agree completely, that's why I doubt the niners will go for either guy, they'll both cost too much. Just wanted to provide my input on what the niners should go for between a shutdown corner vs. a speedy wide receiver.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace was only set to make 2.7 mil. Revis was made the highest paid defensive player in football and still held out. HUGE difference.

I don't see why on Earth that matters. A holdout is a holdout. There is no different. When someone says that Wallace doesn't hold out, I don't want to hear excuses about him only making 2.7 million dollars, he held out.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been at then? Revis said his starting negotiating position was 16 mil a year. He won't go under 14 mil a year guaranteed.

When was this? I'm sure he didn't throw that dumb number out there while he was injured. Once again no one is going to pay Revis that much money. Just like no one is going to give Wallace 10+ milllion a year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why on Earth that matters. A holdout is a holdout. There is no different. When someone says that Wallace doesn't hold out, I don't want to hear excuses about him only making 2.7 million dollars, he held out.

And no he didn't, he just hadn't signed his tender yet. That is a huge difference. You can sit here and hate on the guy all you want, but in the end you are wrong about everything you have said so far.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no it isn't! Revis signed an agreement and reneged on it. Wallace didn't sign anything. There's a huge difference between holding out when you signed a contract and playing hard ball when you're a free agent. That's when they make their money! I don't blame him one bit for waiting until the last minute to sign his tender.

By the way, I reallt really wanted Wallace in the draft. :(

Absolutely it is. It is a holdout, if not a holdout what would you call it? Except for Wallace wasn't a FA, Wallace was bound to the Steelers. There was nothing Wallace holding out would change about his situation. He held out of training camp, there is nothing else it can be called.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was this? I'm sure he didn't throw that dumb number out there while he was injured. Once again no one is going to pay Revis that much money. Just like no one is going to give Wallace 10+ milllion a year.

ESPN NFL Jets GM talks to star Darrelle Revis

Revis 'clueless' about contract talks with Jets - NYPOST.com

There are 2 that say he is seeking 15-16 mil a year. He wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL which is at least 15 mil a year. He wants a contract like Mario Williams which is 16 mil a year. Also seeking about 50 mil in guarantees. And yes he has thrown that out since he was injured.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no he didn't, he just hadn't signed his tender yet. That is a huge difference. You can sit here and hate on the guy all you want, but in the end you are wrong about everything you have said so far.

Lol I love how you guys are attempting to phrase it every other way except for holdout. The guy was bound to the Steelers and refused to show up, that is a holdout. There is no getting around it.

If a player is Franchised and refuses to sign the tender under the regular season is that not a holdout?

If a rookie refuses to sign his contract (before the new CBA) because he wants more money is that not holding out? Or did he just not sign his contract yet?

In the end you have clue what you are talking about. But keep trying. :lol:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Someone absolutely is going to give Wallace 10+ million a year. Santonio Holmes got about that much, and Wallace is much better than Holmes.

And Revis is demanding like 15 or 16 million a year, not 14. 14 is actually quite realistic. He might not get as much up-front money as... say... Mario Williams, but he'll get a hell of a lot.

The biggest reason I would be for going after Revis is to keep him off of the Ravens or Giants (don't know if either of them could afford him).

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN NFL Jets GM talks to star Darrelle Revis

Revis 'clueless' about contract talks with Jets - NYPOST.com

There are 2 that say he is seeking 15-16 mil a year. He wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL which is at least 15 mil a year. He wants a contract like Mario Williams which is 16 mil a year. Also seeking about 50 mil in guarantees. And yes he has thrown that out since he was injured.

Once again for the 1,000th time, no one here wants Revis at anywhere near that kind of money. I don't care if he wants that money or not, it is a deal breaker. Like I said before, I wouldn't sign Wallace at 10+ a year either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Absolutely it is. It is a holdout, if not a holdout what would you call it?

Free agency. As in HE WASN'T UNDER CONTRACT. He could have spent training camp negotiating with other teams if he wanted to. He didn't, but that was his choice.

These guys take unbelieveable punishment; I don't blame 'em one bit for trying to get as much money in FA as they can. However, if they go back on their words, that's when I have a problem with them. A man's word is his bond.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone absolutely is going to give Wallace 10+ million a year. Santonio Holmes got about that much, and Wallace is much better than Holmes.

And Revis is demanding like 15 or 16 million a year, not 14. 14 is actually quite realistic. He might not get as much up-front money as... say... Mario Williams, but he'll get a hell of a lot.

The biggest reason I would be for going after Revis is to keep him off of the Ravens or Giants (don't know if either of them could afford him).

Ravens have about 15 mil in cap space right now, but Flacco is a FA and he is going to take all of that and probably the space they get from Lewis retiring.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again for the 1,000th time, no one here wants Revis at anywhere near that kind of money. I don't care if he wants that money or not, it is a deal breaker. Like I said before, I wouldn't sign Wallace at 10+ a year either.

Then you won't get either. That simple. Be prepared to get Crabtree about that amount here in a few years. Assuming he doesn't hold out before then.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one wanted to give Wallace that kind of money last off-season after one of his best seasons. Why on Earth would they change their minds after a holdout and a down year? I don't see any logical reason why this would happen.

Ravens certainly can't afford Revis. They have to blow up their entire roster just to sign Flacco. They'll likely lose Jones and Boldin. Plus Lewis and Reed are both gone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Be prepared to get Crabtree about that amount here in a few years.

Screw that! If he wants anything near that kind of money, I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wanted to give Wallace that kind of money last off-season after one of his best seasons. Why on Earth would they change their minds after a holdout and a down year? I don't see any logical reason why this would happen.

Ravens certainly can't afford Revis. They have to blow up their entire roster just to sign Flacco. They'll likely lose Jones and Boldin. Plus Lewis and Reed are both gone.

They won't lose anyone. Didn't you read my post just above this one? And Wallace will get paid. No one gave it to him last year because they would have had to give up a 1st round pick as well. No one wanted to do that. He will get big bucks this offseason.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No one wanted to give Wallace that kind of money last off-season after one of his best seasons.

That's not entirely true. Nobody wanted to give up that much money PLUS a first round pick. That's different.

Or was it a first & a third?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw that! If he wants anything near that kind of money, I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on his way out.

A year next year like he came on at the end of the season and he will be demanding it. You wait and see.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency. As in HE WASN'T UNDER CONTRACT. He could have spent training camp negotiating with other teams if he wanted to. He didn't, but that was his choice.

These guys take unbelieveable punishment; I don't blame 'em one bit for trying to get as much money in FA as they can. However, if they go back on their words, that's when I have a problem with them. A man's word is his bond.

But we wasnt' a free agent. No one matched his tender which means he is property of the Steelers. No matter how you try to swing it, this stays the same. It is no different than a player who was franchised holding out or a rookie who wants more money holding out. They are property of their respective teams and when they refuse to sign and come to camp it is a holdout. It might not be fair but it is still a holdout.

At that point he could not negotiate with other teams unless the team was going to trade him to that team and because the asking price was a 1st and 3rd, no one was willing to dance.