• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the 49ers make a deal with the Devil & trade for Revis?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Overhyped? No. Wallace had more receiving yards & the same amount of TDs as Larry Fitzgerald did his first 2 years in the league. Only Boldin had more yards his first 3 years.

Rogers is a lot better starter than anything the Niners will have at WR next year, and Crabtree needs to be a #2 guy. Wallace & Kaepernick are perfect for each other. With 2 speed demons stretching the field (Wallace & Vernon) the offense will be a nightmare for teh opposition. We're not just talking about how the team did in one game; we're talking about how they're going to do for the next 5 years (which is the length of the congtract Wallace & Revis would get).

Wallace is probably cheaper by about 4 million a season, he's a year younger, he's healthier, he hasn't held out of training camp, and the Niners wouldn't have to trade anything to get him. And he's something the Niners have needed for a decade: a true #1 WR.

Wallace & Rogers is a lot better than Revis & Kyle Williams.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overhyped? No. Wallace had more receiving yards & the same amount of TDs as Larry Fitzgerald did his first 2 years in the league. Only Boldin had more yards his first 3 years.

Rogers is a lot better starter than anything the Niners will have at WR next year, and Crabtree needs to be a #2 guy. Wallace & Kaepernick are perfect for each other. With 2 speed demons stretching the field (Wallace & Vernon) the offense will be a nightmare for teh opposition. We're not just talking about how the team did in one game; we're talking about how they're going to do for the next 5 years (which is the length of the congtract Wallace & Revis would get).

Wallace is probably cheaper by about 4 million a season, he's a year younger, he's healthier, he hasn't held out of training camp, and the Niners wouldn't have to trade anything to get him. And he's something the Niners have needed for a decade: a true #1 WR.

Wallace & Rogers is a lot better than Revis & Kyle Williams.

He is absolutely overhype. The guy is a one diminsonal speed receiver. He also wants to be the highest paid receiver in football and I am absolutely not willing to pay that for him. No need to break the bank on the reciever position right now when our offense is firing on all cylinders. I don't see Mike Wallace as a true #1 receiver, he is pretty one diminsional actually and #1 guys are good at all aspects of playing the position.

Uhh why are you talking about Revis and Kyle Williams? There are tons of cheaper FA's that we could use and there is also Manningham. I'll take Revis and and a FA WR or drafted WR over Wallace and Rogers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is absolutely overhype. The guy is a one diminsonal speed receiver. He also wants to be the highest paid receiver in football and I am absolutely not willing to pay that for him. No need to break the bank on the reciever position right now when our offense is firing on all cylinders. I don't see Mike Wallace as a true #1 receiver, he is pretty one diminsional actually and #1 guys are good at all aspects of playing the position.

It's pretty obvious you don't watch many Pitt games.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean Wallace doesn't hold out of training camp? He held out this year......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's pretty obvious you don't watch many Pitt games.

I watch plenty of Pitt games. He did all that in the AFC North, which is full of tough defenses. I'm not saying he's Julio Jones; I'm saying he's a rich man's Desean Jackson. That's exactly what the Niners' offense needs.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean Wallace doesn't hold out of training camp? He held out this year......

Yes he did, but there is a difference in holding out when you are a #1 WR making 2.7 mil and deserve a raise and holding out every 2 years because you aren't happy with the contract you just signed because someone is now making more than you.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Wasn't that before he signed his tender? He wouldn't have been under contract then.

Revis was under contract and he held out like a douche. Twice.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch plenty of Pitt games. He did all that in the AFC North, which is full of tough defenses. I'm not saying he's Julio Jones; I'm saying he's a rich man's Desean Jackson. That's exactly what the Niners' offense needs.

I wasn't talking to you. I didn't even quote you.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we've all watched our fair share of Pitt games this season. The guys are on TV like every other week. The NFL is in love with them, I personally think they are an incredibly boring team to watch.

He is certainly comparable to Desean Jackson but I wouldn't pay Jackson that kind of money either. Dude wants to be paid like the top receiver in the NFL and I'm not willing to do that. Why break the bank on a luxury player when we have huge holes in the secondary? This is a Superbowl worthy offense, our secondary needs some real help though.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this scenario, I gotta go with Revis. The way the team was exposed in the playoffs, the niners would have benefited from a player shutting down one side of the field. Their defense would go back to being dominant if they had that player, Whit could stay in the box where he belongs and Dashon can help cover the #2 receiver. The offense is already ticking and putting up big numbers, so a speedy wideout would be a nice luxury, but he's not really needed.

Also, Wallace "technically" did hold out at the beginning of last year. He didn't sign his tender until a couple of weeks before the season started, which is pretty much the same as holding out, since he missed training camp and preseason games.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that before he signed his tender? He wouldn't have been under contract then.

Revis was under contract and he held out like a douche. Twice.

It is the exact same thing. The guy was a restricted free agent and no one matched the tender. That means that he by all rights is under contract with the Steelers, it is similar to the franchise tag. When people who get tagged hold out it is no different than a regular contract player holding out.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this scenario, I gotta go with Revis. The way the team was exposed in the playoffs, the niners would have benefited from a player shutting down one side of the field. Their defense would go back to being dominant if they had that player, Whit could stay in the box where he belongs and Dashon can help cover the #2 receiver. The offense is already ticking and putting up big numbers, so a speedy wideout would be a nice luxury, but he's not really needed.

Also, Wallace "technically" did hold out at the beginning of last year. He didn't sign his tender until a couple of weeks before the season started, which is pretty much the same as holding out, since he missed training camp and preseason games.

Except you have no idea if Revis will be the same at 28, coming off of ACL surgery, not having played in a full year. That is a pretty big risk, especially paying a man 14-18 mil a year and giving up picks for him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the exact same thing. The guy was a restricted free agent and no one matched the tender. That means that he by all rights is under contract with the Steelers, it is similar to the franchise tag. When people who get tagged hold out it is no different than a regular contract player holding out.

Wallace was only set to make 2.7 mil. Revis was made the highest paid defensive player in football and still held out. HUGE difference.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It is the exact same thing.

Hell no it isn't! Revis signed an agreement and reneged on it. Wallace didn't sign anything. There's a huge difference between holding out when you signed a contract and playing hard ball when you're a free agent. That's when they make their money! I don't blame him one bit for waiting until the last minute to sign his tender.

By the way, I reallt really wanted Wallace in the draft. :(

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you have no idea if Revis will be the same at 28, coming off of ACL surgery, not having played in a full year. That is a pretty big risk, especially paying a man 14-18 mil a year and giving up picks for him.

No one here is willing to pay Revis 14 million a year, that is ridiculous. I haven't even seen anyone say they would be willing to carry his current number. The Revis trade would require a huge pay decrease.

I'm not more willing to pay Revis high dollar than I am for Wallace. We are a Superbowl team and I wouldn't break up what we have for either of them.