• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Debate: Does Kobe have the right to sue his mother?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seem like montsho dont care what wrong the mom did, he just want kobe to suck it up because he is the son.

More likely it's because it's Kobe. It doesn't matter what level of wrong his mom may have done, mont is going to try to put this on Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe there is no such thing as a stupid question but there are some stupid answers. If thats true then why didn't he take his stuff with him years ago? Again is it worth your relationship with your mother to do this?

As for whether or not it's worth the relationship with his Mom. It depends on the relationship and what has happened to get it to this point.

As has been pointed out, there was already a tenuous relationship over his marriage to Vanessa and his parent's refusal to attend.

She wants to disrespect him and his wife by not acknowledging or attending the wedding, but then wants $450k for a house?!? Kobe's Mom has some serious brass balls!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant was granted an injunction against the Golden Auction company which has set aside their right to sell the memorabilla. The judge will hear the case in court Monday.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho has a point though. There can be bias depending on whether you are a kobe hater or kobe lover. But what it boils down to is whether kobe could simply buy back his items or have his mother rescind the trabsaction if possible. Thee law does not care about familial relationships and justice is blind and narrow as to what is right or wrong. But perhaps the right thing to do is for kobe to simply make his mom happy. Even if it is a greedy mom. It can be difficult to quantify greed when it comes to a parent, especially your own mom. After all, mothers brought us to this world and thereee was a time kobe couldnt even walk and his mother was there.

Dont want to sound preachy. Happy Mothers Day nonetheless.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho has a point though. There can be bias depending on whether you are a kobe hater or kobe lover. But what it boils down to is whether kobe could simply buy back his items or have his mother rescind the trabsaction if possible. Thee law does not care about familial relationships and justice is blind and narrow as to what is right or wrong. But perhaps the right thing to do is for kobe to simply make his mom happy. Even if it is a greedy mom. It can be difficult to quantify greed when it comes to a parent, especially your own mom. After all, mothers brought us to this world and thereee was a time kobe couldnt even walk and his mother was there.

Dont want to sound preachy. Happy Mothers Day nonetheless.

There is also a point where enough is enough. Not that this is likely to ever happen to Kobe because of the amount of money that he has made and will make. However, we know that a big part of the reason that so many athletes end up broke after their careers are over, is due to not being able to tell someone no.

I am no Kobe lover and would have no problem criticizing him if I felt he was wrong in this situation. With the info. available, it appears to me that Kobe is not the one who is wrong in this.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for whether or not it's worth the relationship with his Mom. It depends on the relationship and what has happened to get it to this point.

As has been pointed out, there was already a tenuous relationship over his marriage to Vanessa and his parent's refusal to attend.

She wants to disrespect him and his wife by not acknowledging or attending the wedding, but then wants $450k for a house?!? Kobe's Mom has some serious brass balls!!

Family members can be greedy. Inexcusable. Time can heal. If kobe can buy time, then should he give what his mother wants in the meantime? Should disrespect be returned in kind? I think somebody can be the bigger person. I agree though that kobe's mom is milking him. I won't be surprised if every superstar athlete has the same problem.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite college professors made the following statement on the first day of class: "This is the point where your instructors have always said "There is no such thing as a stupid question". Baloney, there are stupid questions and we have all heard them. If you ask a stupid quesion in my class, I will point it out".

There are stupid questions. A question where the answer is obvious, such as "why not just drop it?" when dropping it means losing the case, qualifies as a stupid question.
That was your first mistake. Listening to a moronic professor. Any professor that would tell you a question is stupid has issues. You pay your money for him to answer your questions, instruct, and guide you and he has the balls to say that?

As far as Kobe losing the issue he is losing far more than he is gaining so again why not drop it or do whatever his mom needs to make her happy?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family members can be greedy. Inexcusable. Time can heal. If kobe can buy time, then should he give what his mother wants in the meantime? Should disrespect be returned in kind? I think somebody can be the bigger person. I agree though that kobe's mom is milking him. I won't be surprised if every superstar athlete has the same problem.

Being the bigger person only goes so far. At some point, you have to start saying no. As I stated earlier, the inability to say no is, in large measure, why so many athletes end up broke.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One could argue What Relationship?

A bad relationship is no relation when we're talking about something of value. I have three sisters and a brother. None of them come by to help me take care of our mother who is 88 and I do everything. They get upset if I suggest that they need to atleast come by and see their mother more while she is alive. They don't want to be lectured. And yet one my sisters has a son who terminated all contact with everyone because his mother's bullshit. If my mother was not alive and if it wasn't necessary to keep them informed about our mother - I too would have told them all to fuck off years ago. Life is too short to be fighting with someone all of the time.

Pure And Simple

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely it's because it's Kobe. It doesn't matter what level of wrong his mom may have done, mont is going to try to put this on Kobe.
I only know of Kobe as a basketball player. It wouldn't matter to me who it was doing this. You don't hang your mom out to dry over material possessions. He has the money to make it go away without putting his mother out there.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the bigger person only goes so far. At some point, you have to start saying no. As I stated earlier, the inability to say no is, in large measure, why so many athletes end up broke.
I agree it only goes so far but how far do you go for your mom? Athletes dont go broke because they cant say no. They go broke because of stupid decisions. Buying your mom a house to equal the value of the house you bought your in-laws would have been smart step in the right direction.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho, if you think its fine for your mother to fuck you over and not do anything about it, then goodluck to you.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho, if you think its fine for your mother to fuck you over and not do anything about it, then goodluck to you.
I do not and will not ever have that problem. I take care of my mother both financially and emotionally. The emotional part is the most important and that is what Kobe seems to have forsaken. I doubt this would be an issue if he had been an attentive son.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it only goes so far but how far do you go for your mom? Athletes dont go broke because they cant say no. They go broke because of stupid decisions. Buying your mom a house to equal the value of the house you bought your in-laws would have been smart step in the right direction.

That house he bought his in-laws probably doesn't even add up to what he has given his mother over his career

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a secondary house. Kobe already bought her a house, among other things. And he didn't buy his in-laws a house. He owns a few homes in Newport Beach and he lets the in-laws live in one of them. You seem to be of the opinion that a mother can do no wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was your first mistake. Listening to a moronic professor. Any professor that would tell you a question is stupid has issues. You pay your money for him to answer your questions, instruct, and guide you and he has the balls to say that?

As far as Kobe losing the issue he is losing far more than he is gaining so again why not drop it or do whatever his mom needs to make her happy?

I disagree and I think that you paint with too broad a brush with your statement. You seem educated, so I'm sure that you have sat in your fair share of classes and heard your fair share of stupid questions. I know that I sure have. This professor simply stated what most of the rest of the class was already thinking.

I thoroughly enjoyed his class (took 2 more from him) and the stupid questions were far fewer than in any other class that I took. Also, at the end of the class we were given anonymous evaluations to fill out and pretty much every student gave him a good to great evaluation.

What is Kobe losing that wasn't already lost with his Mom's behavior? From the reports I have seen, his Mom is the one that started the ill feelings by refusing to attend his wedding and now this.

I have a great relationship with my Mom, to the point that she actually came to live with my wife and I when my father passed away. However, she also knows that if she were to ever put me in a position where I felt like I had to choose between her and my wife, I'm choosing my wife.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like his mother is trying to get more money. Hasn't he already bought her an expensive house? Isn't this the same mother that didn't even attend his wedding? Usually I fault the athlete, but here I can't. It sounds like his mom keeps trying to grab more and more money. There is only so much you can do...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not and will not ever have that problem. I take care of my mother both financially and emotionally. The emotional part is the most important and that is what Kobe seems to have forsaken. I doubt this would be an issue if he had been an attentive son.

I feel you are now being contrarian just for the fun of it. It appears he has taken care of his parents financially (i.e. houses, money, cars). Emotionally, we don't know. We do know that Kobe's parents refused to go to his wedding. You seem to gloss over that point like it shouldn't have any affect on their relationship.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on the Mom. As you state in a previous post, you only know of Kobe the basketball player. So you have no info. re: his relationship with his Mom.

There have been reports out here re: a tenuous relationship between them ever since he married Vanessa. I know that you WANT this to be all on Kobe, but unless there is more to come out, it just isn't.

There was a 30 for 30 on ESPN awhile back that focused on athletes going broke and their "stupid decisions" were mainly about not being able to say no when everyone and their brother came around looking for handouts.

Whether it's money to start a business, buy a house, a car or whatever, many times these athletes feel as though it is their responsibility to take care of all of their family and friends.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and I think that you paint with too broad a brush with your statement. You seem educated, so I'm sure that you have sat in your fair share of classes and heard your fair share of stupid questions. I know that I sure have. This professor simply stated what most of the rest of the class was already thinking.

I thoroughly enjoyed his class (took 2 more from him) and the stupid questions were far fewer than in any other class that I took. Also, at the end of the class we were given anonymous evaluations to fill out and pretty much every student gave him a good to great evaluation.

What is Kobe losing that wasn't already lost with his Mom's behavior? From the reports I have seen, his Mom is the one that started the ill feelings by refusing to attend his wedding and now this.

I have a great relationship with my Mom, to the point that she actually came to live with my wife and I when my father passed away. However, she also knows that if she were to ever put me in a position where I felt like I had to choose between her and my wife, I'm choosing my wife.

I definitely have heard such questions and my knee jerk reaction is to think "WTF". However, its incumbent upon the prof to make sure all of his students understand the lesson. Therefore the question is not dumb so much as it is a reflection on how many people the prof teaching style reaches. Maybe I'm being sensitive because I had to go off on a prof the told me that.

Its a good thing you have a great relationship with your mom. I wish everyone did. They go through so much raising you and make sacrifices that you never really understand the enormity of even if you do find out about them.