• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Debate: Does Kobe have the right to sue his mother?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you are now being contrarian just for the fun of it. It appears he has taken care of his parents financially (i.e. houses, money, cars). Emotionally, we don't know. We do know that Kobe's parents refused to go to his wedding. You seem to gloss over that point like it shouldn't have any affect on their relationship.
I know this is obvious but his mom is a woman. Do you get my drift? Jealousy is rampant with them. You do not buy your mom a 250k house after spending a million on someone elses mom. Switch out "mom" and "wife" and maybe you'll get my point.

From what i hear his parents did not attend the wedding because Vanessa was an aspiring video hoe. Vanessa's mother was a known gold digger. Yes it was a mistake on his parents part I admit but I think they were trying to protect him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is obvious but his mom is a woman. Do you get my drift? Jealousy is rampant with them. You do not buy your mom a 250k house after spending a million on someone elses mom. Switch out "mom" and "wife" and maybe you'll get my point.

From what i hear his parents did not attend the wedding because Vanessa was an aspiring video hoe. Vanessa's mother was a known gold digger. Yes it was a mistake on his parents part I admit but I think they were trying to protect him.

Did you miss where lakersrule posted that he DIDN'T buy his in-laws a house, but rather lets them live in one of the houses that he owns in Newport Beach?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been reports out here re: a tenuous relationship between them ever since he married Vanessa. I know that you WANT this to be all on Kobe, but unless there is more to come out, it just isn't.

There have been reports out there that Kobe in his personal life is a narcissistic dick as well. I dont pay too much attention to them though. I dont want this to be all on Kobe I feel that it is all on Kobe. He has the ability/resources to back up and fix things. He can be the bigger man. He will only have one mother that gave him life and raised him. When does that become less important than money or material possesions?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss where lakersrule posted that he DIDN'T buy his in-laws a house, but rather lets them live in one of the houses that he owns in Newport Beach?
Yes i did but he didn't say if this was a fact he knew or not. Besides this house he supposedly bought for his in-laws was in Vegas. All that aside there is something wrong with their relationship and Kobe should be making steps to fix it and not make it worse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been reports out there that Kobe in his personal life is a narcissistic dick as well. I dont pay too much attention to them though. I dont want this to be all on Kobe I feel that it is all on Kobe. He has the ability/resources to back up and fix things. He can be the bigger man. He will only have one mother that gave him life and raised him. When does that become less important than money or material possesions?

I'm sure Kobe is a narcissistic dick in his real life. It seems that many of these guys are. I'm not sure you can have the kind of ego that it takes to accomplish what guys like Kobe, etc. have accomplished without being a narcissistic dick to some extent.

Additionally, none of us have any idea as to what Kobe may or may not have already done in an attempt to fix things with his Mom. There does come a point where one has done all that they can do and it becomes pointless unless the other person finally relents. In other words, sometimes it is what it is and there's nothing more that can be done to change it.

What we do know is that there is history of a tenuous relationship that seems to have started with his parents refusal to attend his wedding. Essentially, his parents attempted to force him to choose them over his wife (soon to be wife at the time). By choosing his wife, he made the right choice, imo.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, none of us have any idea as to what Kobe may or may not have already done in an attempt to fix things with his Mom. There does come a point where one has done all that they can do and it becomes pointless unless the other person finally relents. In other words, sometimes it is what it is and there's nothing more that can be done to change it.

That may very well be true he has put some work in but there always is more you can do to change things. I dont know his family dynamic but its hard for me to give him a pass as blameless in this. Maybe how I feel about my female relatives is not the norm.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes i did but he didn't say if this was a fact he knew or not. Besides this house he supposedly bought for his in-laws was in Vegas. All that aside there is something wrong with their relationship and Kobe should be making steps to fix it and not make it worse.

You seem to think it is a fact that Kobe did buy his in-laws a multi-million dollar house. I haven't found anything to indicate such. Nor have I found anything about him buying his in-laws a house in Vegas. He offered to buy his parents a house in Vegas. This after he has already purchased homes for his parents.

I have read that he moved his in-laws into one of his multi-million dollar Newport Beach homes. When he sold that house, he moved them into another one of his multi-million dollar Newport Beach homes. Nothing about buying them one. Maybe you can provide that information seeing as a lot of your posts are about Kobe's mom supposedly being jealous of this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may very well be true he has put some work in but there always is more you can do to change things. I dont know his family dynamic but its hard for me to give him a pass as blameless in this. Maybe how I feel about my female relatives is not the norm.

Actually, there isn't always more that you can do. It's like getting a divorce. If one person doesn't want the divorce, they can try anything they want, but if the other person wants the divorce bad enough, it is going to happen and there's nothing the person who doesn't want the divorce can do about it.

Point is, there is typically more than meets the eye to these types of situations. So to make balnket statements such as there is ALWAYS more that can be done, or to assign blame to only one person, simply doesn't work unless one has first hand knowledge of the entire situation.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears we are beating a dead horse. We really don't know what Kobe bought for who and how much. I'm reading stuff off websites just like you guys are. I still say unless Kobe's mom is harming his children he should not put his mother through this over material possessions. You guys disagree and thats ok.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears we are beating a dead horse. We really don't know what Kobe bought for who and how much. I'm reading stuff off websites just like you guys are. I still say unless Kobe's mom is harming his children he should not put his mother through this over material possessions. You guys disagree and thats ok.

I guess Kobe's not as classy as Lebron who told his mom "to sit her crack ass down" on national tv during that playoff game...LOl...Yep, lebron and his mom have a classy relationship as Lebron pimps his mom to his teammates like Delonte West...LMAO...

Lebron James tells Mom to Sit Down After foul (5.12.08) - YouTube

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed!! Bottom line is that none of us know exactly what has transpired between Kobe and his Mom to allow things to get to this point!! We all have basically the same info. which is likely just the tip of the iceberg!!

It's likely that there are things that both could have done along the way to mend their relationship so that it didn't get to this point and it appears that those things weren't done by either party, so they get the situation that they are currently in.

Just makes me glad that I'm not in that type of situation with my Mom!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's mother seems like a greedy person. Reports are that Kobe recently offered up to $250,000 to buy his mother a home in Las Vegas. This would not be her first house. She refused wanting more money. Then, not much later, Kobe's mother puts these items up for auction and gets $450,000 up front. Kobe has given his parents lots of financial assistance over the course of his career.

I had also read this. However, I read where he bought his mother in law a 3M dollar house. While I will say it is his $$$ and he can do whatever he chooses with it, I could see where his mom would be pissed enough to try to do what she did under the circumstances.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think it is a fact that Kobe did buy his in-laws a multi-million dollar house. I haven't found anything to indicate such. Nor have I found anything about him buying his in-laws a house in Vegas. He offered to buy his parents a house in Vegas. This after he has already purchased homes for his parents.

I have read that he moved his in-laws into one of his multi-million dollar Newport Beach homes. When he sold that house, he moved them into another one of his multi-million dollar Newport Beach homes. Nothing about buying them one. Maybe you can provide that information seeing as a lot of your posts are about Kobe's mom supposedly being jealous of this.

Kobe Bryant refuses to buy parents house but bought one for in-laws | Bossip

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So while it is true that nothing says he bought them the house, fact is they are living in/them like they are there own.
It's actually better for them. They get all the benefits of living there without having to more then likely pay any expenses, let alone property tax, etc..

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing about buying a house for Kobe's mother in law vs mother. It is his money because he worke for it, so if he wants to buy his mother in law a 3.5 million dollar home an his mother a house worth half a million - that is his business an his right. He doesn't have to explain anything to anyone. None of us are over their listening an witnessing their interreaction to each other. Mrs Bryant should have had a luxarious life considering she was married to Joe Bryant who has made some big money. Perhaps Kobe wants to teach his mother some financial responsibility by having her live modestly an manage small amounts first. Either way it is his business and right

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cheap skate--she needed the money to buy another home,he should just buy another home,PLEASE -Bear in mind he told his mother previously,i dont need my high school memorabilia anymore,DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT MOM.i qoute ,WHEN HE FOUND OUT THE VALUE OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL MEMORABILIA estimated value @$1 million--,HE CHANGED HIS MIND INSTANTLY.
IF YOU ARE A LAKER FAN YOU WILL BE IN HIS CORNER.or TAKE HIS SIDE.
YOU NEVER SUE YOUR MOM,FORGIVE HER.AND JUST LOVE HER.F ARE RICH,JUST BUY HER ANOTHER HOME.
THAT's WHY HE WLL NEVER WN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP.THS WLL HAUNT HIM FOREVER.
READ MORE ON THIS ISSUE IN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES NEWSPAPER.COM
WHAT GOES AROUND ,COMES AROUND BABY.
WORDS and the TRUTH.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cheap skate--she needed the money to buy another home,he should just buy another home,PLEASE -Bear in mind he told his mother previously,i dont need my high school memorabilia anymore,DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH IT MOM.i qoute ,WHEN HE FOUND OUT THE VALUE OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL MEMORABILIA estimated value @$1 million--,HE CHANGED HIS MIND INSTANTLY.
IF YOU ARE A LAKER FAN YOU WILL BE IN HIS CORNER.or TAKE HIS SIDE.
YOU NEVER SUE YOUR MOM,FORGIVE HER.AND JUST LOVE HER.F ARE RICH,JUST BUY HER ANOTHER HOME.
THAT's WHY HE WLL NEVER WN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP.THS WLL HAUNT HIM FOREVER.
READ MORE ON THIS ISSUE IN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES NEWSPAPER.COM
WHAT GOES AROUND ,COMES AROUND BABY.
WORDS and the TRUTH.

Seriously? My dog could make a better post than that.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a long off season for the Lakers. :lol:

If Kobe is so loaded with money like some are saying, why is he sweating at most a Million over some material shit he wore 20 years ago?

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's truly amazing how much pride Oklahomans and Texans take in collectively sucking as entire states at everything all the time so consistently.