• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darnold a Panther

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your ideas of bad teams. Is it the bad organization around him or the same name on the jersey. I think Peyton Manning is a great example of the entire culture of the organization becoming different top down. The Colts were trash but they tried getting better top down. The Jets drafted Darnold then tried to intentionally getting worse. Not saying Darnold is Peyton Manning, or even a non bust but his attributes and organization he went to isn’t that much different than Favre except he got thrust into the starting job because he was a higher pick.
Favre never started a game for the team that drafted him.

Atlanta traded him to GB cuz he was a drunk.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com is reporting the 5th year option tag to be $18.858M, (edit: taken from overthecap), so I was wrong with the $20M to $25M guesstimate that I got from a Jets fans site. Still too rich for my blood.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at Tannehil‘s stats in Miami and then go look at Darnold‘s stats in NY.

Tannehill was more or less a league average passer who was extremely injured prone have missed about 1.5 years of his previous 3 seasons with Miami when he was moved onto Tennessee. That’s not Darnold‘s situation.

I agree with you that Darnold should improve in Carolina. The Jets were a mess the last 3 years. I just don’t think there is a lot of hope for the type of massive turnaround to justify this move. Its not that Sam can’t be better.....it is just that he was SO bad, he can’t be so much better than he has been to think league average QB is a possibility for him.

Splitting hairs, between injuries and performance, the prevailing opinion on Tannehill was he was a bottom of the league QB in Miami

he was brought to Tennessee to backup Marriotta, and surroundings and functionality allowed him to develop as a very solid guy

time will tell, Darnald is younger than Joe Burrow, I like the roll of the dice by Carolina which will cost them prob a mid round 2nd pick and scraps. Between Rhule and the LSU guy there, and a nice group of weapons, I don’t hate it, especially considering their alternative was Teddy Bridgewater and a guaranteed 6-10.

it could fail for sure, I just can’t completely bury a 23 year old who was absolutely set up to fail more than any QB in the NFL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting hairs, between injuries and performance, the prevailing opinion on Tannehill was he was a bottom of the league QB in Miami

he was brought to Tennessee to backup Marriotta, and surroundings and functionality allowed him to develop as a very solid guy

time will tell, Darnald is younger than Joe Burrow, I like the roll of the dice by Carolina which will cost them prob a mid round 2nd pick and scraps. Between Rhule and the LSU guy there, and a nice group of weapons, I don’t hate it, especially considering their alternative was Teddy Bridgewater and a guaranteed 6-10.

it could fail for sure, I just can’t completely bury a 23 year old who was absolutely set up to fail more than any QB in the NFL
To be fair to Teddy Bridgewater, there was a point in Tannehill's career where he was a guaranteed 7-9 or 8-8. There is a very real chance that the Panthers were just a subpar team with a tough schedule last year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Teddy Bridgewater, there was a point in Tannehill's career where he was a guaranteed 7-9 or 8-8. There is a very real chance that the Panthers were just a subpar team with a tough schedule last year.

Fair enough, just not a Teddy guy, IMO a low ceiling player best suited as a very nice backup

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, just not a Teddy guy, IMO a low ceiling player best suited as a very nice backup
Ill admit Im not the biggest fan but I do think he is a 'bridge' QB like about a dozen other guys in the league.

Darnold is basically a 2nd round QB prospect at this point given his age and how raw he was coming out of college and Gase. It could work out but...man...would you really want Darnold to be your starting QB next year?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit Im not the biggest fan but I do think he is a 'bridge' QB like about a dozen other guys in the league.

Darnold is basically a 2nd round QB prospect at this point given his age and how raw he was coming out of college and Gase. It could work out but...man...would you really want Darnold to be your starting QB next year?

He’s not one of my first choices but I think Carolina got boxed in here by SFs trade and the guarantee now that 3 QBs are gone by the 4th pick

a potentially weak QB draft next season, I can understand the gamble to hope to develop a young Darnald as their best short term plan

I do wonder if they would still consider Lance if he falls in their lap

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. The best thing about the trade is that it opens up that pick to take one of the top 2 tackle or maybe Pitts or Surtain. You don't brush off Bridgewater if you think you're team is rebuilding. You do it if you think your team is pretty good and needs new leadership.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not one of my first choices but I think Carolina got boxed in here by SFs trade and the guarantee now that 3 QBs are gone by the 4th pick

a potentially weak QB draft next season, I can understand the gamble to hope to develop a young Darnald as their best short term plan

Do they still have Bridgewater? If so, I’d rather start him. Darnold sucks. The Jets actually did something right by getting a 2nd round pick for him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still have Bridgewater? If so, I’d rather start him. Darnold sucks. The Jets actually did something right by getting a 2nd round pick for him.

Ugggh Bridgewater has proven what he is IMO

and he is a goner, 26 mill cap hit next year

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. The best thing about the trade is that it opens up that pick to take one of the top 2 tackle or maybe Pitts or Surtain. You don't brush off Bridgewater if you think you're team is rebuilding. You do it if you think your team is pretty good and needs new leadership.
Atlanta apparently really shopping the 4th

may see 4 QBs go off the bat, leaving most likely Mac Jones for the others

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugggh Bridgewater has proven what he is IMO

and he is a goner, 26 mill cap hit next year
Bridgewater is nothing special. Darnold is worse, though. You are only fooled because he’s still young.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta apparently really shopping the 4th

may see 4 QBs go off the bat, leaving most likely Mac Jones for the others
Patriots really HAVE to have one of those top 5 QB’s in this draft. Need to start thinking about their future.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like everyone is mentioning Gase and no one is mentioning USC QB

I focus as much on Jamison Crowder as his #1, a bad Oline and the corpse of Leveon Bell as much as Gase

Darnald may forever suck but my god being here in NY and seeing the absolute trash on that offense, almost impossible to evaluate a QB

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots really HAVE to have one of those top 5 QB’s in this draft. Need to start thinking about their future.

think they would like to, but the top 3 picks are def QBs so they need to get a little lucky

the Darnald trade helps them, removing Carolina off a QB most likely

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
journey of allen strange nicksplat GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a Darnold fan, but it's amazing how the Jets just keep trading these top 10 picks year after year. MAYBE, you should look at your front office/coaching? I mean even when they hit on someone (Adams) they have to trade that away too LOL.

It's like some kid who is giddy about the NFL draft and "I WANT MORE PICKS!!" is running the show. I mean I could do that. And with that... I must pay homage...