• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only an excuse to a certain extent. The truth is that Donnie Nelson is absolutely clueless when it comes to evaluating talent and drafting. Since he took over for his dad in 2006, here is the list of the players he has picked:

- Maurice Ager (career D-Leaguer)
- JR Pinnock (who?)
- Nick Fazekas (career lasted a whopping 26 games)
- Renaldas Seibutis (never played a single minute in the NBA)
- Milovan Rakovic (double who?)
- Shan Foster (unmitigated bust, never played a game)
- Byron Mullens (traded for Beaubois)
- Solomon Alabi (traded for a future 2nd round pick)
- Jordan Hamilton (traded for Rudy Fernandez, who was promptly given away along with Corey Brewer to Denver for a 2nd round pick... so in essence, Donnie traded the first rounder Hamilton along with Brewer to get a 2nd round pick. Genius.)
- Targuy Ngombo (don't even think he is a real person)
- Tyler Zeller (traded for Cunningham, who has since been released)
- Darius Johnson-Odom (traded for Crowder and the extra James pick)
- Kelly Olynyk (traded for Shane Larkin and a 2nd round pick)
- Mike Muscala (bagging groceries somewhere)

That list up is one massive epic failure after another. I realize that the first rounders were 13th or lower and that several of those guys were 2nd round lottery ticket types anyway. But Nellie didn't hit on a single one of those picks. Not. One. The best he can claim is Roddy Beaubois, who was solid for half a season then fizzled, or more likely Jae Crowder who is a decent role player. The Jordan Hamilton pick then trade was a complete joke. Picking that low for that long is bound to generate a lot of busts. But the Spurs have routinely plucked role players with late-1st and 2nd round picks. Don Nelson Sr. got Josh Howard at 29 and Greg Buckner at 53. In fact, I challenge you to find one GM in the NBA who has a worse draft record than Donnie Nelson since 2006. Six straight years of either ignoring or making a mockery out of the draft will leave your team where the Mavs are now, with absolutely nothing in the way of usable young talent. It's not fair to expect much with a bunch of low picks, but having nothing to show for that many drafts is awful.

Don't forget the year he wanted to draft the big Russian guy "Pod" with the 5th overall pick.... His dad had to talk him out of it and they drafted Devin Harris instead ( a career backup)..... Trader Donnie doesn't know what he's doing... I'm so grateful the rangers have JD.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only an excuse to a certain extent. The truth is that Donnie Nelson is absolutely clueless when it comes to evaluating talent and drafting. Since he took over for his dad in 2006, here is the list of the players he has picked:

- Maurice Ager (career D-Leaguer)
- JR Pinnock (who?)
- Nick Fazekas (career lasted a whopping 26 games)
- Renaldas Seibutis (never played a single minute in the NBA)
- Milovan Rakovic (double who?)
- Shan Foster (unmitigated bust, never played a game)
- Byron Mullens (traded for Beaubois)
- Solomon Alabi (traded for a future 2nd round pick)
- Jordan Hamilton (traded for Rudy Fernandez, who was promptly given away along with Corey Brewer to Denver for a 2nd round pick... so in essence, Donnie traded the first rounder Hamilton along with Brewer to get a 2nd round pick. Genius.)
- Targuy Ngombo (don't even think he is a real person)
- Tyler Zeller (traded for Cunningham, who has since been released)
- Darius Johnson-Odom (traded for Crowder and the extra James pick)
- Kelly Olynyk (traded for Shane Larkin and a 2nd round pick)
- Mike Muscala (bagging groceries somewhere)

That list is one massive epic failure after another. I realize that the first rounders were 13th or lower and that several of those guys were 2nd round lottery ticket types anyway. But Nellie didn't hit on a single one of those picks. Not. One. The best he can claim is Roddy Beaubois, who was solid for half a season then fizzled, or more likely Jae Crowder who is a decent role player. The Jordan Hamilton pick then trade was a complete joke. Picking that low for that long is bound to generate a lot of busts. But the Spurs have routinely plucked role players with late-1st and 2nd round picks. Don Nelson Sr. got Josh Howard at 29 and Greg Buckner at 53. In fact, I challenge you to find one GM in the NBA who has a worse draft record than Donnie Nelson since 2006. Six straight years of either ignoring or making a mockery out of the draft will leave your team where the Mavs are now, with absolutely nothing in the way of usable young talent. It's not fair to expect much with a bunch of low picks, but having nothing to show for that many drafts is awful.

With some exceptions when you're consistently picking that low you're not going to get much from there. I'm not defending Donnie's and Cubes' drafting but they've admitted that they didn't put a lot of thought in them until about the time the new CBA came into play. I think Donnie is a much better drafter and now that they value it much more I expect them to make better selections. But I still say picking that low usually amounts to little in the NBA.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are missing there glue piece igoudala is a HUGE piece to this team. Also they have 2 of the best shooters in the game and curry is almost never off so I can see why. They can contend in the west to go to the finals they have a elite defense with iggy healthy

Iggy is a good player but when they need big baskets from their best players, constantly setting up to jack a 3 isn't going to do it. It's probably just a maturing process but as constructed and the way they play they're just not greatly built for playoff basketball IMO.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy is a good player but when they need big baskets from their best players, constantly setting up to jack a 3 isn't going to do it. It's probably just a maturing process but as constructed and the way they play they're just not greatly built for playoff basketball IMO.

Curry is a great player and he does that lolll. Every shot he takes is difficult. And I think they are more built for the playoffs IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's kinda odd that you don't think curry is capable of giving them buckets when they need it..

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him. Warriors are a second round exit yearly.

lol I guess that remains to be seen. I think they can make it to the conference finals. Then who knows from there. They actually have the elite defense this time to compete for the western conference

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I guess that remains to be seen. I think they can make it to the conference finals. Then who knows from there. They actually have the elite defense this time to compete for the western conference

You are totally fooling yourself. Forget the regular season. They won't be making it to the conference finals. It's gonna be the same 3 teams like every year in the West.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By no means am I discrediting Curry. He's legit and he's a badass. But he has a lot of room to mature and progress as a player. All the great ones go through it. What I saw yesterday was a young and talented team but come playoff basketball they're not ready to truly contend. They may win a series or two in a fluke but I don't believe they're ready. That's ok tho...their future is very bright. It took Dirk a long time to finally get a more complete game. Curry is no different.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means am I discrediting Curry. He's legit and he's a badass. But he has a lot of room to mature and progress as a player. All the great ones go through it. What I saw yesterday was a young and talented team but come playoff basketball they're not ready to truly contend. They may win a series or two in a fluke but I don't believe they're ready. That's ok tho...their future is very bright. It took Dirk a long time to finally get a more complete game. Curry is no different.

Currys game is pretty complete IMO just needs to cut down the turnovers a little. He's Steve nashing it up right now. Even a top 3 PG imo

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are totally fooling yourself. Forget the regular season. They won't be making it to the conference finals. It's gonna be the same 3 teams like every year in the West.

5 teams in the west 2 teams in the east that can compete

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 points in the 4th. I know it's a blow out and Dirk isn't playing, but wow.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 points in the 4th. I know it's a blow out and Dirk isn't playing, but wow.

They had already packed it in. Brandon Wright looked great tonight. That's what I took away form this one. That and Mayo did absolutely nothing.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had already packed it in. Brandon Wright looked great tonight. That's what I took away form this one. That and Mayo did absolutely nothing.

Exactly right, they had dominated the previous 3 quarters, the fact that Monta Ellis only played 23 minutes says a lot