• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as I finished typing my last paragraph, I read this...

Bosh has informed Houston that he is staying in Miami for $118 Million.

Eat that Morey, you sniveling little prick.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Bosh signs new contract with Miami. So we probably won't get Parsons and Houston won't get Bosh. Sigh.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Bosh signs new contract with Miami. So we probably won't get Parsons and Houston won't get Bosh. Sigh.

Actually, Bosh choosing Miami increases our chances (however small) of keeping Parsons. Had Bosh signed with Houston, they were willing to match on Parsons and go way over the cap just to put the super team together. Now, without Bosh, if they match on Parsons they'll be near the cap with a worse roster than last season (no Asik or Lin). Houston put all their chips in on Bosh and now Morey has outsmarted himself. Somewhere Mark Cuban is laughing hysterically. Either he gets Parsons or the Rockets keep Parsons screw themselves financially.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Bosh choosing Miami increases our chances (however small) of keeping Parsons. Had Bosh signed with Houston, they were willing to match on Parsons and go way over the cap just to put the super team together. Now, without Bosh, if they match on Parsons they'll be near the cap with a worse roster than last season (no Asik or Lin). Houston put all their chips in on Bosh and now Morey has outsmarted himself. Somewhere Mark Cuban is laughing hysterically. Either he gets Parsons or the Rockets keep Parsons screw themselves financially.
Does sound like Bosh threw them a curve. Or rather the Heat did at the last moment. Good to see that at least. Winners anyway or Parsons and Linn.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavericks get a lot of flack for choosing to skip the draft every year and striking out on top-tier free agents, but I'm willing to give them credit on making a good move against Houston, regardless of the outcome. Morey could've had Parsons easily this year for around 900k by picking up his option.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, this really threw a monkey wrench in their plans because they sign Bosh first then they could have signed Parsons and allowed to go over the cap. But if they sign Parsons and go after someone else and go over they have to pay the luxury tax.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jae Crowder is our starting SF as of right now. I still think HOU will match. I want Stephenson or Ariza. I really want no part of Deng.

I think we might be able to get Mo Williams now and we will need him. We've lost 2 of our best outside shooters this off-season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jae Crowder is our starting SF as of right now. I still think HOU will match. I want Stephenson or Ariza. I really want no part of Deng.

I think we might be able to get Mo Williams now and we will need him. We've lost 2 of our best outside shooters this off-season.

Ariza & Williams need to your targets now (I'd also try and creatively score Ed Davis and Aminu)

Don't really want stephenson, his antics are crushing his value right now... I think he's a good player but he has emotional baggage (a la Ron Artest)

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza & Williams need to your targets now (I'd also try and creatively score Ed Davis and Aminu)

Don't really want stephenson, his antics are crushing his value right now... I think he's a good player but he has emotional baggage (a la Ron Artest)

Agree totally on Stephenson... all the talent in the world, but an absolute head case not worth the baggage.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally on Stephenson... all the talent in the world, but an absolute head case not worth the baggage.

Do keep in mind, he wasn't near the head case here as he was in Indy. And we've got Mr No-nonsense Carisle at the helm still.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do keep in mind, he wasn't near the head case here as he was in Indy. And we've got Mr No-nonsense Carisle at the helm still.

Here? Lance Stephenson has never played for the Mavs. You're thinking of DeShawn Stevenson. And even no-nonsense Carlisle couldn't corral or fix the behavior of Delonte West and Lamar Odom. Lance Stephenson makes them look like model citizens by comparison. There's a reason why teams aren't exactly lining up to sign such a talented guy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here? Lance Stephenson has never played for the Mavs. You're thinking of DeShawn Stevenson. And even no-nonsense Carlisle couldn't corral or fix the behavior of Delonte West and Lamar Odom. Lance Stephenson makes them look like model citizens by comparison. There's a reason why teams aren't exactly lining up to sign such a talented guy.

I stand corrected....oops. Always got those 2 guys half-assed-backwards.

And I agree with ya on West, not so much on Lamar. Lamar was trying to get back out west to his drug connection; really and truly. He hasn't worked out for the last 3 teams he's semi participated with, and his career might have come to a halt.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Houston matches the offer at the last minute today. It would block Dallas from getting two of the targets they had this off season in Ariza and Parsons. It would be one of those FU moves between Morey and Cuban. Cubes upped the ante with the poison pill offer, but I think Morey ends up with the Pyrrhic victory by matching on Parsons.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Houston matches the offer at the last minute today. It would block Dallas from getting two of the targets they had this off season in Ariza and Parsons. It would be one of those FU moves between Morey and Cuban. Cubes upped the ante with the poison pill offer, but I think Morey ends up with the Pyrrhic victory by matching on Parsons.

Wouldn't make much basketball sense to match, but you might be right. If they sign Parsons, the team won't be able to do anything in free agency the next few years.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't make much basketball sense to match, but you might be right. If they sign Parsons, the team won't be able to do anything in free agency the next few years.

They have a core though, and would have them locked up for 3 years, and it wouldn't matter. I can see him saying "screw it, let's go all in and win it." Cannot always rebuild while you are in contention. We will find out tonight though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU will not match the offer!!!! I just got the alert on my phone

The Rockets have decided not to match the offer sheet Chandler Parsons signed with the Mavericks, tweets Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Parsons will now earn more than $46MM over the next three seasons with Dallas.

The Rockets were hoping to land free agent Chris Bosh and also match the Mavs’ offer sheet for Parsons. However, when Bosh surprised Houston by returning to Miami, the Rockets decided to spend their money elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU will not match the offer!!!! I just got the alert on my phone

The Rockets have decided not to match the offer sheet Chandler Parsons signed with the Mavericks, tweets Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Parsons will now earn more than $46MM over the next three seasons with Dallas.

The Rockets were hoping to land free agent Chris Bosh and also match the Mavs’ offer sheet for Parsons. However, when Bosh surprised Houston by returning to Miami, the Rockets decided to spend their money elsewhere.
Yeah, finally some good news in the DFW area!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChandlerParsons: HELLLLLLLLLO DALLAS #MFFL