• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons can flat-out play. He is certainly no 4th option. He was one of only 4 players last year to average at least 16 points, 5 Rebounds, and 4 Assists while shooting over 45% from the floor. He can spread the floor, hit 3's, and drive the lane... very underrated.

Yeah, he would be overpaid at 15M per year, but considering other top SF options like Deng and Ariza are going to command 10-12M, I'd say it's worth a couple extra million to stick it to Daryl Morey and prevent him from getting Bosh AND keeping Parsons.

If the Mavs get Parsons, keep Carter with their exception, and sign Mo Williams to the vet minimum, there's no way they finish below 50 wins (barring major injuries of course).

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons can flat-out play. He is certainly no 4th option. He was one of only 4 players last year to average at least 16 points, 5 Rebounds, and 4 Assists while shooting over 45% from the floor. He can spread the floor, hit 3's, and drive the lane... very underrated.

Yeah, he would be overpaid at 15M per year, but considering other top SF options like Deng and Ariza are going to command 10-12M, I'd say it's worth a couple extra million to stick it to Daryl Morey and prevent him from getting Bosh AND keeping Parsons.

If the Mavs get Parsons, keep Carter with their exception, and sign Mo Williams to the vet minimum, there's no way they finish below 50 wins (barring major injuries of course).

This all sounds a little too optimistic. And it's way too bullish on Parsons. Then again mavs fans have seemed to get excited about second and third tier free agents because that's all Dallas ends up signing, so I get it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid big man option Ed Davis was allowed to become a free agent, he's done some damage against us in the past, has put up solid per minute numbers but has been stuck behind Zach Randolph for the last couple years

We could certainly use a little more frontline help and he's a solid young player, he's worth a look if we want to get a little creative

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid big man option Ed Davis was allowed to become a free agent, he's done some damage against us in the past, has put up solid per minute numbers but has been stuck behind Zach Randolph for the last couple years

We could certainly use a little more frontline help and he's a solid young player, he's worth a look if we want to get a little creative

Dallas for sure needs more rebounding. Chandler being back helps, but they were destroyed on the boards a lot.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys talking about the same Chandler Parsons who was at best a 4th option in Houston? How the fuck is that guy worth 3-45? What a shitty season Dallas is in for if Houston doesn't match this contract offer. Then again Dallas is probably in for a shitty season either way, because Cubes was just too damn proud after 2011 to admit that his way was wrong.

I think you're completely underestimating Parsons. He's a good shooter, great slasher, finishes very well, great passer,and is a 6'9'' SF. He would be the 2nd best all-around player on the Mavs. I think his numbers go up if he comes to Dallas.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're completely underestimating Parsons. He's a good shooter, great slasher, finishes very well, great passer,and is a 6'9'' SF. He would be the 2nd best all-around player on the Mavs. I think his numbers go up if he comes to Dallas.

Parsons will give the Mavs 3 players who can spot up AND create their own shot

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's good at what he does, but it's a lot of money for a dude who will probably not get much better than he already is now. I would also worry if he was really the 2nd best player on the team, because he's not even an all star, but would be making all star money. Sure if you have him and Dirk combined at 25 million it's a lot more palatable, but having little to no defense out of both forward positions is worrisome.

I could see the starters averaging 65-75 a night with Parsons, Ellis, Dirk, and Chandler in the mix, but idk how well that holds up defensively or on the glass.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good at what he does, but it's a lot of money for a dude who will probably not get much better than he already is now. I would also worry if he was really the 2nd best player on the team, because he's not even an all star, but would be making all star money. Sure if you have him and Dirk combined at 25 million it's a lot more palatable, but having little to no defense out of both forward positions is worrisome.

I could see the starters averaging 65-75 a night with Parsons, Ellis, Dirk, and Chandler in the mix, but idk how well that holds up defensively or on the glass.

As I'm sure you know the Mavs do not draft. This is the price of getting involved in FA, and especially RFA. You have to overpay. They know they overpaid. Parsons probably even knows. The thing that Cuban did not take into account with the CBA until know is how easy it is to shed salary and contracts. Look at all the bad contracts around the league. There's always someone willing to take it on.

You are right he's not an All Star.....yet. I think he will be this year or next. He's gotten better every year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons will give the Mavs 3 players who can spot up AND create their own shot

I hope we find a way to add Mo Williams too. He would be great coming off the bench with VC (assuming he signs). He's a great shooter too, and when he gets hot, watch out.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we find a way to add Mo Williams too. He would be great coming off the bench with VC (assuming he signs). He's a great shooter too, and when he gets hot, watch out.

Would Mo be had at a veterans min? That would be a sweet deal.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Mo be had at a veterans min? That would be a sweet deal.

That's what they're hoping he will accept.

Dallas would like to re-sign Vince Carter for the $2.732MM room exception, but if Carter doesn’t bite, the Mavs would strongly consider using it on Williams, MacMahon writes. There’s more on Williams amid the latest from Dallas:

• If Carter does take that room exception, the Mavs are holding out hope that they can convince Williams to sign for the minimum salary, since he lives in the area and wants to be near his family. Portland’s deal today with Steve Blake indeed gives the Blazers less of a shot to re-sign Williams

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently LeBron is returning to Cleveland! Good for him. Nice to see a smaller market do well.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Lebron going back to Cleveland will be the big domino if it really happens. Bosh to Houston and Parsons getting matched after a Lin trade to Philly might be next as well.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Lebron going back to Cleveland will be the big domino if it really happens. Bosh to Houston and Parsons getting matched after a Lin trade to Philly might be next as well.

Why would they match on Parsons? They will be over the cap with no room to make moves the next 3 years.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they match on Parsons? They will be over the cap with no room to make moves the next 3 years.

You are allowed to go over the cap to sign your own players. Most windows are only 3 years anyway. It makes sense for them to do it.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lin to the Lakers...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they match on Parsons, maybe Parsons will say he doesn't want to return, but if not then I would like to see a run at Ariza at that point, mostly because of his defensive abilities

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has offered Bosh a max contract for 5 years. Not only would Houston's 4-year max offer not compare, but Houston can't give Bosh the max AND match on Parsons. For Houston's grand plan to work, they have to talk Bosh into signing for 5 Million less than their original 4-year max deal to be able to fit him in their roster.