• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shooting ability? He's been a mediocre to bad shooter most of his career

He's shot 36% and 40% from 3 the last 2 years. That's what we would be asking him to do . Spread the floor, hit the corner 3, and play D.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shot 36% and 40% from 3 the last 2 years. That's what we would be asking him to do . Spread the floor, hit the corner 3, and play D.

And then there is the rest of his career to look at too, maybe he's made himself into a good shooter or maybe last year was a fluke... I know I wouldn't be willing to pay money to find out

Do we have a MLE?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has respectable 2 point percentages as well. I think he has a good medium range game.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has respectable 2 point percentages as well. I think he has a good medium range game.

He's good at getting to the basket, hence the solid 2pt%, its when he starts shooting jumpers when gets himself in trouble, I used to like his game, but a solid shooter he has never been until last year, which makes me think fluke

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there is the rest of his career to look at too, maybe he's made himself into a good shooter or maybe last year was a fluke... I know I wouldn't be willing to pay money to find out

Do we have a MLE?

Not sure on that

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Asik is headed to the Pelicans for a 2015 1st round pick. If Lebron ends up in HOU that would suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Asik is headed to the Pelicans for a 2015 1st round pick. If Lebron ends up in HOU that would suck.

If they can deal Lin it probably guarantees one of them goes there

But that also opens up the possibility of Parsons joining the Mavs

Harris, Parsons, Carter, Gasol (blah), then Dirk

its doable, depends on what Parsons hops to get as a RFA and what Gasol would want

Even Ariza would work in that scenario

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be WAY off base, but I am 99.99% sure that neither Melo nor LeBron are seriously considering joining the Mavs nor will either end up here. We will undoubtedly hear the Mavs being mentioned in those rumors (as we already are) in the upcoming days, and I'm sure they will get the courtesy face-to-face with each. But I think Melo and LeBron will do exactly what DWill and Howard did- overplay their interest in coming to Dallas as a negotiating ploy with other teams. There's rampant speculation that the Mavs have been straight-up used by past free agents as leverage and I'm inclined to agree.

I think those 2 are unrealistic pipe dreams, so I'm all for the Ariza-Parsons-Deng SF plan.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be WAY off base, but I am 99.99% sure that neither Melo nor LeBron are seriously considering joining the Mavs nor will either end up here. We will undoubtedly hear the Mavs being mentioned in those rumors (as we already are) in the upcoming days, and I'm sure they will get the courtesy face-to-face with each. But I think Melo and LeBron will do exactly what DWill and Howard did- overplay their interest in coming to Dallas as a negotiating ploy with other teams. There's rampant speculation that the Mavs have been straight-up used by past free agents as leverage and I'm inclined to agree.

I think those 2 are unrealistic pipe dreams, so I'm all for the Ariza-Parsons-Deng SF plan.

I just don't see how its fiscally possible while also filling other holes to go after James/Melo

Try and re-sign Blair (2 million), Carter (3 million), Harris (3 million), B. James (minimum) & Dirk (Bird rights) basing this on what they made last year or would've made

Sign Gasol, Parsons/Ariza/Deng

See if you can flip Felton for something... ANYTHING... preferably a defensive minded PG... I just really dislike Felton

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how its fiscally possible while also filling other holes to go after James/Melo

Try and re-sign Blair (2 million), Carter (3 million), Harris (3 million), B. James (minimum) & Dirk (Bird rights) basing this on what they made last year or would've made

See if you can flip Felton for something... ANYTHING... preferably a defensive minded PG... I just really dislike Felton

Other PF options to consider McRoberts & much as I hate to say it, Diaw.... I have a hard time seeing Diaw leaving the Spurs but he'd be worth a phone call, just don't overpay

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's possible as they can always move Wright and Felton. That would get you another 9 or so. After sleeping on it, I just think depth would be better than Anthony. James is a different story, but there's no shot at that happening.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris and Carter have to be re-signed. We need Carter's ability to score off the bench. Blair is easily replaced, but would be cheap. I wouldn't mind looking at Jerryd Bayless as a PG option if we can unload Felton.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible as they can always move Wright and Felton. That would get you another 9 or so. After sleeping on it, I just think depth would be better than Anthony. James is a different story, but there's no shot at that happening.

To me you have to keep Wright, you can't really effectively replace him considering he makes 5 million, make him Chandler's replacement and call it a day, sign Blair to fill the gap, he can be had for cheap (less than 2 million)

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza is an interesting question. I'm thinking he'll want the kind of contract and playing time that Dallas wouldn't allocate to him. If the Wiz are smart they'll let him test FA without throwing tons of money at him and let their #3 pick from last year (Otto Porter) have a realistic chance to show what he's got. If they're not, they'll throw a heap at him like they did with Martell Webster (proportional to their ability/contribution).

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that GS told HOU they would take Lin's contract off of their hands as long as Parson's was included. I thought, why would they want Parson's when they have Klay Thompson and Iguodala? Then I remembered that the Wolves wanted Klay and David Lee for Love. Could they really be trying to pull this off? I just don't know if HOU would do it.

Curry
Parsons
Iggy
Love
Bogut

That's one hell of a starting 5.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 28 at 12:58pm CDT By Cray Allred

The Rockets informed Chandler Parsons that they have declined their team option for the forward’s 2014/15 season, a source tells Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports

Get on the phone Mark. They won't match if they still have a shot at signing Melo or Lebron. As soon as FA starts on the 1st we should have an offer out for Parsons.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other PF options to consider McRoberts & much as I hate to say it, Diaw.... I have a hard time seeing Diaw leaving the Spurs but he'd be worth a phone call, just don't overpay

I'd rather have Jordan Hill. I don't think Diaw is leaving SA.